Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Monday Board of Regents Meeting

29,398 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jock 07
ChemEAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JJxvi said:

Oh boy! I can't wait to see how dumb these *******s are going to make us look

Even if they made the most masterful move, the media always bashes on A&M.

Example 1: A&M moving to the SEC is a mistake.

It's ok you want to be scared and just take it from the sec and the sips but some of us want to fight to win on more than just the field.
offenseguru
AG
This
ChemEAg08
AG
msubulldogntx said:

Recruits want what recruits want. I couldn't fathom TU and OU carrying the SEC banner and A&M being mr tough guy going to join the Big10 alone. Be careful what you wish for. My gosh what a disaster that would be for Texas A&M. Be proud and stand tall. A&M has EVERYTHING in its favor right now. Why ruin that?

Do a little research on texas destroying conferences and screwing everyone else over then come back and talk with us.
W
AG
in the meantime...A&M leadership has to get on the phone to the other SEC schools...

and see if any of them are hedging or willing to consider voting "no"

if all 13 are still solid "yes" --- then this action comes too late
Showstopper
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

msubulldogntx said:

Recruits want what recruits want. I couldn't fathom TU and OU carrying the SEC banner and A&M being mr tough guy going to join the Big10 alone. Be careful what you wish for. My gosh what a disaster that would be for Texas A&M. Be proud and stand tall. A&M has EVERYTHING in its favor right now. Why ruin that?

go polish sip boots on their board
They have a lot of other things they will let you polish too. If you like that sort of thing, you will LOVE the new SEC.
offenseguru
AG
GTFO
JJxvi
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

JJxvi said:

It's ok you want to be scared and just take it from the sec and the sips but some of us want to fight to win on more than just the field.
Lol, what are we going to "win" exactly? There is no masterful move to be made here.
corybantic
msubulldogntx said:

You've been a good poster around here for many years but I can't fathom your support adding tu and okie. You imply that it will make the SEC a super conference. Here's some news. It already is the super conference. Look at the last decade of Natties or NFL draft picks.

This move adds a dangerous element, tu's underhanded methods to get their way. If you think Bama, Georgia or Florida are big enough to keep tu inline you don't understand what you are dealing with. They will divide the sec members against each other. If you think they are on your side on some issue you will end up with a knife in your back. If MSU beats tu say 6 years in a row, suddenly the SEC will form an academic integrity group and start investigating MSU athletes. This is an obvious example but they will be more creative and destructive.

For me personally CFB has been better by not playing those asshats and not being in a conference with them.

W
AG
perhaps delaying their admission by a year or two.
ChemEAg08
AG
JJxvi said:

ChemEAg08 said:

JJxvi said:

Lol, what are we going to "win" exactly? There is no masterful move to be made here.

I'm not sure there is one either, but they did a pretty damn good job in 2011.
azul_rain

lets ****ing go
Ogre09
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

Buck Turgidson said:

We need to make Sankey regret ever crossing us like this. His career needs to be destroyed. Lets go Clinton on his a$$.

Don't you think Arkancide is a little extreme under these circumstances?

NOPE!
TxAg76
AG
The beef is how SEC went behind our back.
Of course tu and OU wanna join the SEC. Most out there wish they had the chance.
But how it's all gone down should be our beef.

If they join in the end of all this, F em, let's strap up and beat their azz.
But HOW they got the door cracked open by the SEC behind our backs, that's where we need to unleash hell.

Not because we're scared of tu/ou..but because we need to let the league know we're not one to be F'd with
TrentCremmAggy99
We have the best lawyers in the state and we've run the legislature for years. If we put our minds to it tu will be stuck in the Big 12 until it implodes. We have more money and power than the Austin freaks.
TxAg76
AG
TrentCremmTheIndependent said:

We have the best lawyers in the state and we've run the legislature for years. If we put our minds to it tu will be stuck in the Big 12 until it implodes. We have more money and power than the Austin freaks.

You sure bout that Clark??
Maroon Dawn
AG
TrentCremmTheIndependent said:

I mean, are the sip trolls even trying now with this obvious stuff
JJxvi
AG
Maybe the message boards where they're linking back the screenshots to are really that dumb?
Ex-liberalag12
Boom !!!!
Ex-liberalag12
msubulldogntx said:

A&M causes a stink in the SEC and lets Texas and OU take its place in the holy grail of college sports? I couldn't think of anything more dumb for the future of A&M athletics. Surely they aren't this naive.

Not if you have MANY schools left out recently and "getting the band back together". It might not happen but holds ALOT of power. And if it doesn't succeed, it shows THE AGGIE SPIRIT!!! It absolutely will scare the SEC and shows STRENGTH....
JJxvi
AG
Those other message boards must be really, really dumb
Showertime at the Bidens
corybantic said:

msubulldogntx said:

You've been a good poster around here for many years but I can't fathom your support adding tu and okie. You imply that it will make the SEC a super conference. Here's some news. It already is the super conference. Look at the last decade of Natties or NFL draft picks.

This move adds a dangerous element, tu's underhanded methods to get their way. If you think Bama, Georgia or Florida are big enough to keep tu inline you don't understand what you are dealing with. They will divide the sec members against each other. If you think they are on your side on some issue you will end up with a knife in your back. If MSU beats tu say 6 years in a row, suddenly the SEC will form an academic integrity group and start investigating MSU athletes. This is an obvious example but they will be more creative and destructive.

For me personally CFB has been better by not playing those asshats and not being in a conference with them.

Hard to argue with this. Add on ESPN starting drama 24/7. As much as I would love to see the Rivalry renewed, it's been nice not dealing with that the last 10 years.
Ex-liberalag12
We ain't no slouch people. We are A&M. Do you really think we don't hold much power? Remember that....
Billy Joe Ozark
litigation against the SEC is your answers???

Do it. You will all of a sudden be the Vandy of the west in respect as in :

1) lose the rivalry game on thanksgiving
2) play on the road vs Bama, Georgia, lsu, and auburn ... EVERY YEAR lol
3) get the crap straw when the SEC hands out bowls each year
4) get the WORST game times....

You guys really going to poke that bear?

I mean .... Im rooting you on. Its going to be fun drama to watch. Im just an innocent bystander.

Screw Texas.. but this boat has sailed people. We tried to go against the SEC once... once.... and it hurt us in the ozarks!

Good luck!
BadAggie
AG
Big Ten makes a lot more sense for the sips and ou.
The Gainesville Taco Casa
BadAggie said:

They reached out about Texas, but found out Texas and Oklahoma were going at it together. Big 10 wanted Texas (AAU), but didn't want Oklahoma.
Ex-liberalag12
It's brilliant. It might be we have a strong statement publicly and privately say to the sec (I will always write it this way now), you screwed up. You created this and now you are going to fix it.

We say yes to these conditions and will wholeheartedly welcome them back if X,Y,Z happens. Many avenues. tu can't have a say into the Commish, just think we could easily get 25 percent of schools to agree with this. tu would back off probably but eventually will succumb showing who the real big brother is. Just thinking out loud...

Then we can say BEVO got hit twice (once with the name) and secondly we sawed 'em off. They wouldn't have total power and BEVO's cahones aren't as big as they thought they were. LOL

BadAggie
AG
The Gainesville Taco Casa said:

BadAggie said:

They reached out about Texas, but found out Texas and Oklahoma were going at it together. Big 10 wanted Texas (AAU), but didn't want Oklahoma.
Maybe that changes now.
AggieRob93
AG
msubulldogntx said:

We get it, you're a longhorn fan even though Sherrill coached and Leach coaches at miss state. One would think you would be aware what tu is and what it will try to do if allowed to join the SEC, which should be enough to galvanize support in shutting that possibility down, yet you don't have a clue.

The tone this board has taken is not just about concern for A&M, but for the SEC as well. Sorry you can't see that.
Post removed:
by user
WestGalvestonAggie
SEC basically decided that trading Texas A&M for BOTH Texas and Oklahoma would be a good deal and worth whatever consequences came with it. A&M got stabbed in the back, but that's business sometimes. It's not honorable, and it's a kick in the balls, but money talks. I'm extremely disappointed with the SEC and I hope A&M has grounds to sue the **** out of them, but that's not going to happen. Again, money talks, so we can ***** and moan about it all we want, but at the end of the day it just is what it is.
greg.w.h
AG
W said:

perhaps delaying their admission by a year or two.
Aim for two centuries. Settle for one???
Bryanisbest
AG
I don't like them coming in either but here is bottom line: the best thing we can ever do in college football is to become thoroughly dominant over tu football for an extended period. We are now capable of that. Let's quit crying, put our pants on and go do it. To hell with all the whining!
dixichkn
AG
msubulldogntx said:

A&M causes a stink in the SEC and lets Texas and OU take its place in the holy grail of college sports? I couldn't think of anything more dumb for the future of A&M athletics. Surely they aren't this naive.

First time I've agreed with you all day. This had better pertain to something tangible and realistic bc if this is just to pitch a big hissy fit, then we deserve every PR hit we get from it. Keep the dirty laundry where it belongs....... in the hamper. Don't hang it out in the front yard for the neighbors to see
gocobra
AG
EsipN & tu are behind this. EsipN is going to be running the SEC..... just watch... $$$ talks...

and what will really tick me off is all our games will be on pay-for-view at $50 a pop again.

( And I live in Missouri so I can't make many games at Kyle.)
geb83
AG
At this point, and if this happens w/o A&M being part of the discussion or kept in the dark, leaving the SEC would be fine with me.

Get Baylor, TCU, Tech, Rice, and look to gather a few other teams and reinvent the SWC.

At least at that point I could watch games in good conscience, knowing that one's word, honor and integrity actually mean something.

Maybe we could actually "wag the dog" for once. Not that we would, we are above those low handed tactics.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.