Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Monday Board of Regents Meeting

29,436 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jock 07
AvidAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

. . . said:

Well I guess this answers the question of whether Greg Snake-y had informed A&M ahead of time or not.

Yup seems to indicate we weren't informed
Post removed:
by user
1872walker
AvidAggie said:

Heisenberg01 said:

. . . said:

Well I guess this answers the question of whether Greg Snake-y had informed A&M ahead of time or not.

Yup seems to indicate we weren't informed

So our solution is to go back in time and get ahead of this thing.

Brilliant!
AggieOO
Pssst...the 21st was not a Monday. Hth.
ContinentalAg
Heisenberg01 said:

. . . said:

Does it? Is that supposed to be next week or last week? The date is wrong.
Showstopper
AG
Wow. Also sounds like some people may have been informed, did not let the BOR know, and may be fired. If so, freaking good.
Showstopper
AG
ContinentalAg said:

Heisenberg01 said:

. . . said:

Does it? Is that supposed to be next week or last week? The date is wrong.
I'm sure it was just a typo. People reviewing docs tend to skip the header, so if the secretary makes a mistake... Oops.
BigSneezy
Tomas Hermensa said:

msubulldogntx said:

A&M causes a stink in the SEC and lets Texas and OU take its place in the holy grail of college sports? I couldn't think of anything more dumb for the future of A&M athletics. Surely they aren't this naive.

I've been sleeping with your wife for the last 6 months, but you better not cause a stink or she might leave you for me. Sit back and take it - great plan!

We have legal teams that will fight this if it's a violation of contract. And we will seek damages as our brand as the only school in Texas would certainly be diminished. If there is cause, we should certainly sue.
Post removed:
by user
woodlees
AG
The biggest part of this is the matters involving the presidents failure to inform the BOR of SEC considerations of adding to and ou. Michael Young could be facing litigation for failure to act in a fiduciary fashion while employed at Texas a and m
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TX1775
AG
Aggie jokes do write themselves after all. Check the date?
Gidnik
All jokes aside, I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea
Charlie 31
AG
The date for the Board of Regents meeting and on the agenda has been corrected on the Texas A&M Board of Regents site:

[url=https://www.tamus.edu/regents/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2021/07/AGENDA-July-26-2021-Special-BOR-Meeting-Telephonic-2.pdf]https://www.tamus.edu/regents/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2021/07/AGENDA-July-26-2021-Special-BOR-Meeting-Telephonic-2.pdf

[/url]
Jimbo4win
AG
Sandman said:

This is a bad look. It's done. Nothing good will come from this.

Wrong
BigSneezy
msubulldogntx said:

A&M causes a stink in the SEC and lets Texas and OU take its place in the holy grail of college sports? I couldn't think of anything more dumb for the future of A&M athletics. Surely they aren't this naive.

We will bring hell with us if there was a contract violation and Texas was invited without our knowledge. If there are legal remedies we will fight like hell to keep this from happening.
BigSneezy
Gidnik said:

All jokes aside, I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea

Wrong. You fight back when you're bullied. It ain't like it used to be.
McKinney Ag69
AG
All this feels exactly like what happened on November 4th 2020. A lot of underhanded s*** going on behind closed doors and gaslighting by the media. In this case, the sports media. I hate for the country and school I love to get f***ed over in the same year...
TX1775
AG
Aaaaaaand we're kicked out.
Deplorable
**** texas and **** the sec. go scorched earth.
Post removed:
by user
Dominion Caracas Branch
It's not dumb to look out for your best interests. The whorns do it. Sankey and the sec are doing it. A&M should do it. It doesn't mean anything is going to change. But if there is one thing we learned from whorns, it is too look put for yourself.
rgag12
AG
. . . said:

Very confused. Was this released to the public before July 21st? Nobody caught that?

Has to be some clerical error on the dates right?

Nm: saw the corrected date
PatriotAg02
AG
Challenger 17 said:

All this feels exactly like what happened on November 4th 2020. A lot of underhanded s*** going on behind closed doors and gaslighting by the media. In this case, the sports media. I hate for the country and school I love to get f***ed over in the same year...
Welcome to the 'real' world
Scientific
AG
Just let it go. & embrace the changes. F things up by letting other ones in. What's the point of this? Not good optics.
BigSneezy
Rendered Fat said:

BigSneezy said:

msubulldogntx said:

We will bring hell with us if there was a contract violation and Texas was invited without our knowledge. If there are legal remedies we will fight like hell to keep this from happening.

No we won't. First rule of holes.

You don't litigate a "gentleman's agreement". Remember how pathetic Baylor looked when they tried to litigate knowing they were powerless? We'd look the same. We are eventually going to get a consolidated message from our leadership that welcomes the two new schools to the SEC once everyone gets around to the "acceptance" stage.

And that will be it.

It depends on what the "gentleman's agreement" was for. For veto rights sure. For duplicitous action causing actual harm that's different. They likely legally had to inform us months ago. Either they did and someone is getting fired. Or they didn't and someone is getting sued.
msubulldogntx
Recruits want what recruits want. I couldn't fathom TU and OU carrying the SEC banner and A&M being mr tough guy going to join the Big10 alone. Be careful what you wish for. My gosh what a disaster that would be for Texas A&M. Be proud and stand tall. A&M has EVERYTHING in its favor right now. Why ruin that?
ABATTBQ11
AG
**** it. Let's go to the ACC. Just beat Clemson and we're in the playoffs. I'm sure they could get a helluva TV contract with the Texas market.
levypantsEOY
Another bad look.
DuncanLEO
Showstopper said:

Probably thinking of seeing if they can start a lawsuit enjoining SEC from offering sip based on oral contract with Bowtie.

Edit: and maybe moving to remove Sankey because F that guy even if we can't pass it.

Oral contract? Lol.
rgag12
AG
msubulldogntx said:

Recruits want what recruits want. I couldn't fathom TU and OU carrying the SEC banner and A&M being mr tough guy going to join the Big10 alone. Be careful what you wish for. My gosh what a disaster that would be for Texas A&M. Be proud and stand tall. A&M has EVERYTHING in its favor right now. Why ruin that?

A&M isn't going to the big 10
Dr. Horrible
DuncanLEO said:

Showstopper said:

Probably thinking of seeing if they can start a lawsuit enjoining SEC from offering sip based on oral contract with Bowtie.

Edit: and maybe moving to remove Sankey because F that guy even if we can't pass it.

Oral contract? Lol.
Pure rumor, but I heard we have something in writing.
Dominion Caracas Branch
rgag12 said:

msubulldogntx said:

A&M isn't going to the big 10

A week ago 99.9% of this board didn't think tu or ou would end up in the sec.

Now look where we are.
Maroon Dawn
AG
msubulldogntx said:

go polish sip boots on their board
JJxvi
AG
Oh boy! I can't wait to see how dumb these *******s are going to make us look
WtHrOoOlPl
AG
Seeing if the gentleman's agreement actually exists in any prior SEC arbitration or the bylaws still. Supposedly and current SEC member university also has a complete veto power regarding additional in-State teams being added to the conference, on top of the 75% acceptance vote required for any university to have their application accepted.

In actuality what that means is Texas A&M would be able to sit at the table and demand both more from the SEC as well as the 'sips in exchange for them finally bending and agreeing to the addition.
Aggie Football is only played for 2 quarters, choose wisely.
'03, '09 Walton Loads

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.