Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brenen Thompson

76,468 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bill Superman
NavyAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thompson is at the top of A&M's WR list with Antwi. Kid is going to be great at the next level. If Jimbo can, you take the two aforementioned along with Marshall and Sategna. Speed kills. Ask Bama.

Jay Fair if you whiff on Thompson and/or Sategna. Or even take five WRs.

Need Antwi.

OP is FOS.
Hey...so.. um
Heisenberg01 said:

Hey...so.. um said:

6.5 Swede said:

Compare that to Julio Humphrey's 21.8 !

Julian Humphrey with a 21.8 200M | TexAgs

What the hell kind of crap track meet where a 50.4 wins the 400m. Edit: This is 3A i think.

Clear Lake is 6A. 50 second 400m is very competitive in high school track. This thread may be filled with more Uncle Rico's than any thread in Texags history. "In '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile".

50.4 will not podium at most Houston area 6A track meets. The Woodlands and College park always have at least 1 kid under 50. Aldine, Eisenhower and many other north Houston schools produce sub 50 guys at every meet.

It is good, but it isn't great. His 200 and 100 times are much better and frankly a better indicator of football speed. 400m means almost nothing with regards to football.
waltonloads11
AG
NavyAg92 said:

OP is FOS.

Why am I FOS?
Canyon99
waltonloads11 said:

NavyAg92 said:

OP is FOS.

Why am I FOS?

Probably meant Caflisch.
Meximan
With a name like Walton Loads I'd think OP is full of something else!
waltonloads11
AG
Bravo.
12thman2010
Saw he is visiting Aggieland this weekend. I wonder how that is going to go this weekend. Coaches were very interested about his track times last week.
Macarthur
Interesting that he got a CB recently to Clemson.
AG
Macarthur said:

He has 3 recent CBs to Clemson.
Macarthur
i know.
AG
Just got a 4th CB
Bill Superman
AG
4 said:

Macarthur said:

All these CB's are from sip analysts
TxAg76
AG
catfish17 said:

Saw he is visiting Aggieland this weekend. I wonder how that is going to go this weekend. Coaches were very interested about his track times last week.

Track times are relevant, but don't tell the whole story.
Some guys carry pads/gear better than others, so their game film and how they move (including laterally) can be a better tell than any Accutrack
AG
Bill Superman said:

4 said:

Macarthur said:

No they aren't.

2 sips, 1 OU, 1 Michigan.

All within 48 hours.

It's easy to look up.
Sterling82
4 said:

Bill Superman said:

4 said:

Macarthur said:

No they aren't.

2 sips, 1 OU, 1 Michigan.

All within 48 hours.

It's easy to look up.

If he commits to Clemson, catfish17 will suddenly be a guru on this board.
waltonloads11
AG
If he commits to Clemson, does not do well. And A&M offers Major Everhart, get a commitment from him, and he turns out to be a stud.... then Catfish will be worshipped.
jamieboy2014
AG
Bill Superman said:

4 said:

Macarthur said:

Sips AND Sooners. A terrible combination of overinflated ego and stupidity.
If your username is jickyjack1, Shooter McGavin, proudaggie02, txrancher69, or Rick Deckard... don't bother responding. You won't offer anything insightful.
AG
And a guy from Michigan...
coastalAg
AG
I would agree. He does seem to start well, but I don't think he has the raw horsepower of truly elite sprinters. His 22.1 200m at the same meet would seem to support that. I would love to see his football combine numbers. I think his 40, shuttle, and vertical would all be very, very good. Its that short area explosiveness that make him an elite prospect.
lil_frog8
AG
Bump
Dex_Mick_Bear
lil_frog8 said:

Bump
Any particular reason?
vander54
S
Dex_Mick_Bear said:

lil_frog8 said:

Bump
Any particular reason?

He thinks the recent loss in the 200 by Brenen means he's not good at football
lil_frog8
AG
vander54 said:

Dex_Mick_Bear said:

lil_frog8 said:

Bump
Any particular reason?

He thinks the recent loss in the 200 by Brenen means he's not good at football
never said that... I think he is going to be great!!! I'm a track guy and just don't think that his PR that is getting hyped so much is legit. Kid is still plenty fast for football but he isn't on Achane's level like people are thinking.
windmill.1
AG
It appears that the CBS are related to tweets between Brenen and Cade Klubnick once Klubnick committed to Clemson. I have not seen any information to indicate that Brenen is looking to go to Clemson - who, by the way, has NO TRACK PROGRAM. Secondarily, Brenen tripped to College Station to work with Reggie McNeal after the CBs to Clemson were given.

What we don't need are Aggies being negative about any recruit - much less one that Jimbo has made a priority.
Holster you personal biases because your guys are not getting the attention being given to Brenen.
jamieboy2014
AG
What I don't understand is why people on here think they have the right to criticize a teenager in ANY sport or skillset. If the coaching staff wants him, then I trust their judgement over some (presumably) fat, old Texags poster from the panhandle. No offence catfish...
If your username is jickyjack1, Shooter McGavin, proudaggie02, txrancher69, or Rick Deckard... don't bother responding. You won't offer anything insightful.
Meximan
Jarvis Landry ran 4.65 and has twice caught 110+ in a season.

Speed isn't everything.
vander54
S
Meximan said:

Jarvis Landry ran 4.65 and has twice caught 110+ in a season.

Speed isn't everything.

Exactly if speed was everything more sprinters would be making millions
Sterling82
jamieboy2014 said:

What I don't understand is why people on here think they have the right to criticize a teenager in ANY sport or skillset. If the coaching staff wants him, then I trust their judgement over some (presumably) fat, old Texags poster from the panhandle. No offence catfish...

I believe Catfish played at A&M (WR) and is a coach at Tascosa. So, he doesn't really fit that profile.
That's not to say I think Thompson is too slow to play receiver. First of all 10.7 isn't slow and we've all seen very productive receivers who didn't have blazing speed anyway.
doc99
AG
I understand supporting your ths athletes but you come off as jealous that the kid has earned an offer from your university, Coach Caflisch. He's also higher ranked and quite a bit faster than you were personally. Perhaps that bothers you too. Idk. If the staff thinks your ths kid deserves an offer, he'll get one. Personally, I trust their judgment.

Regardless, we should all support our Aggies.
Snap E Tom
Last night I had a dream that I woke up to a text that Thompson committed to us. Pretty disappointed when I woke up for real and realized it was just a dream. However, I'm sure that I saw the future.

Very soon, people. Very soon.
windmill.1
AG
Hope you are correct
Spyderman
AG
Major Everhart*

10.38PR
TX
Amarillo Tascosa
Mar 27
Amarillo Relay Meet of Champions Varsity
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Traveler
AG
Does anyone else think it's hilarious that we are obviously going to be getting every100 m times one rando recruit for about the next 8 months?
NewOldAg
AG
Traveler said:

Does anyone else think it's hilarious that we are obviously going to be getting every100 m times one rando recruit for about the next 8 months?

He is destined to be spoken of forever alongside Deunte Chatman and Hoza Scott.
Z Team
AG
Had to go back and watch to see what you were talking about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.