Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brenen Thompson

76,485 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bill Superman
Sterling82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's fast.
Traveler
AG
vander54 said:

10.38 FYI it was a regional record

FAT, non wind-aided? Was It outside of Spearman?
If so, Dang That's approaching Tascosa JV speed.
Impressive
Pumpkinhead
AG
Okay guys, enough f***ing around. Is he fast or is he not f***ing fast?

TACOMA ASSISTANT COACH: we all base our assessments on previous experiences. I watched the Beijing Summer Olympics, and have seen a lot stronger cases than this one. I give it a 60% chance he is fast.

TACOMA HEAD COACH: I concur. I have been at those HS track meets, sir, and know what goes on there. I am convinced there is some high value speed there, but not sure if elite. I would say a soft 60.

TACOMA STRENGTH COACH: 80% he is fast. It is his op-sec and how he leans forward at the finish line that convinces me.

MAYA: 100% he is fast. OK, 95% 'cause I know certainty freaks you guys out. But it's 100.
Brian DeSpain
mjhhawk said:

I used to coach some high school sports back in the day. I mean the one thing I would never do (and I mean never) is come onto a message board and anonymously blast a high school athlete. Let alone doing so with biased opinions such as "he couldn't play for us". I seriously hope Catfish is indeed a Catfish and not teaching young men how to respect others.
This! If catfish is a coach he must be a very young coach. I have never heard of or known any coach that would talk down a high school kid on a message board forum. No matter how they felt about a kid. I have been in and around the game my entire life. Never seen a coach do this in a public forum.
Austin Ag
AG
Who cares how fast. Does he have football IQ. Does he make the right moves at the right time? Does he have a feel for the field? Does he hate to lose? Does he love the gym? Does he love footwork? Does he have endurance and stamina? Does he have mental toughness. And can he pass classes and stay out of trouble?

The film says yes to a lot of those questions.
Ordinary Man
Thompson ran a 10.40 FAT time at the Texas State 3A Track Meet today in Austin for 2nd place. Excellent time and as a junior, he can improve on that next year.
vander54
S
BMC said:

Thompson ran a 10.40 FAT time at the Texas State 3A Track Meet today in Austin for 2nd place. Excellent time and as a junior, he can improve on that next year.

But he's not very fast. Right?
Ordinary Man
He would be the 2nd fastest player on the A&M football team behind Devon Achane's 10.30 ran earlier this track season, so yes, he's plently fast. That is the type of speed we need at WR
SunrayAg
AG
BMC said:

Who beat him?
Rule#2
AG
I wonder if he's going to apologize and eat his words?
It's your duty as an American to own a gun...and know how to use it.
GarryowenAg
AG
I doubt he shows up again.
vander54
S
I would be shocked. I still question his entire story
Meximan
SunrayAg said:

BMC said:

Who beat him?

Probably the guy from Tascosa
Doctor51
AG
5A results.
Meximan
Major Everhart sounds like an anime character
GSPag`
Doctor51 said:

He's played Canadian and Stratford every year. Guess those stock show boys aren't very good since Canadian won a state title this year. Google how many state championships they've won. Thompson and Everheart are both legit.
And Stratford never goes deep into the playoffs......oh wait.
itsyourboypookie
SunrayAg said:

BMC said:

Who beat him?

Catfish
Canyon99
Lol at the Caflisch. Results don't lie.
schmidthead
DK Metcalf just ran a 10.37. He probably couldn't play for Tascosa.
Steeeg 91
AG
I think he was from Whitney. 10.38 .
e=mc2
AG
This is one of the best on TexAgs. As a Panhandle boy, it makes me smile.
rrtodds
AG
That boy got some lineman in front that his highlights do alright for them as well.
EliteZags
AG
AgsMyDude said:

vander54 said:

10.38 FYI it was a regional record

Quote:

Now, I'm not saying he isn't fast, however, he will not put the time he did up again.

well when you're right you're right
AWP 97
AG
Looks like some CBs for this kid are starting to go tu's way.
Coryhub
Just hype for Sark. He hasn't even scheduled OV with tu
yell_on_6th st
AG
Achane kicks his ass
Divining Rod
I appreciate Catfish's input here and I can understand if he was frustrated at all the attention coming at a kid maybe in large part to a faulty hand time. He's most likely right that at the time the kid was closer to a 4.8 than a 4.4, and M.E. was likely just as fast.

I know if I was a coach of a deserving kid not getting as much attention as one i thought no better than my own, especially if it was due in part to tactics in my own profession that should be discouraged, I'd at least want to get the word out about my own kid.

Yes I realize some comments were a bit much, but they've been much overblown here as is the nature
of these internet mobs. Catfish is a great athlete, experienced in his field, and I do appreciate his insight. No need to tar and feather him- show a little grace.

Good luck to both of these young athletes- here's hoping they go on to great things.

p.s. I will say I believe Major Everhart looks better on film, and especially given his better competition. It's nice to see that his offer list now includes some bigger schools like Penn St., Wash St., Ok State, etc.... Will be interesting to see how these two careers go in the future!
itsyourboypookie
AWP 97 said:

Looks like some CBs for this kid are starting to go tu's way.

It's cause catfish **** on him on this thread.
cevans_40
AG
Divining Rod said:

I appreciate Catfish's input here and I can understand if he was frustrated at all the attention coming at a kid maybe in large part to a faulty hand time. He's most likely right that at the time the kid was closer to a 4.8 than a 4.4, and M.E. was likely just as fast.

I know if I was a coach of a deserving kid not getting as much attention as one i thought no better than my own, especially if it was due in part to tactics in my own profession that should be discouraged, I'd at least want to get the word out about my own kid.

Yes I realize some comments were a bit much, but they've been much overblown here as is the nature
of these internet mobs. Catfish is a great athlete, experienced in his field, and I do appreciate his insight. No need to tar and feather him- show a little grace.

Good luck to both of these young athletes- here's hoping they go on to great things.

p.s. I will say I believe Major Everhart looks better on film, and especially given his better competition. It's nice to see that his offer list now includes some bigger schools like Penn St., Wash St., Ok State, etc.... Will be interesting to see how these two careers go in the future!

Curious how you can say that after seeing the proof laid out in the track times?
Sterling82
cevans_40 said:

Divining Rod said:

Curious how you can say that after seeing the proof laid out in the track times?

A lot of the conversation centered on a 10.18 which was reportedly hand timed. Indeed, I don't believe that's been duplicated unless I missed it.
vander54
S
Sterling82 said:

cevans_40 said:

Divining Rod said:

A lot of the conversation centered on a 10.18 which was reportedly hand timed. Indeed, I don't believe that's been duplicated unless I missed it.

Change the 10.18 to 10.4
Divining Rod
Cevans 40- not sure what your questioning- i wrote a lot there. you have to read all the posts in context to when they were first posted.

He questioned the 10.4, and said he was likely more like a 10.8 if FAT. That was confirmed a few mos later. He also said Major was just as fast, which also was confirmed. Now Thompson posted a 10.4, a much imnproved time over his prior electronic times- good for him. and just 'cause Major's last time was a tenth slower, that isnt set in stone that one is faster than the other. that is the nature of track.

Bottom line is i appreciated Cat's input, and I didnt particularly care for the way a lot of people treated a good Ag here. No problem with some critiquing a few of the comments that were made, but some of the reactions were typical internet skewering. Wouldnt blame Cat if he said "screw it!" and never heard from again. my 2 cents anyway. Gig 'Em!
Sterling82
vander54 said:

Sterling82 said:

cevans_40 said:

Divining Rod said:

Change the 10.18 to 10.4

Turns out you're correct. And you made me go back and read this mess all over again.
cevans_40
AG
Divining Rod said:

Cevans 40- not sure what your questioning- i wrote a lot there. you have to read all the posts in context to when they were first posted.

He questioned the 10.4, and said he was likely more like a 10.8 if FAT. That was confirmed a few mos later. He also said Major was just as fast, which also was confirmed. Now Thompson posted a 10.4, a much imnproved time over his prior electronic times- good for him. and just 'cause Major's last time was a tenth slower, that isnt set in stone that one is faster than the other. that is the nature of track.

Bottom line is i appreciated Cat's input, and I didnt particularly care for the way a lot of people treated a good Ag here. No problem with some critiquing a few of the comments that were made, but some of the reactions were typical internet skewering. Wouldnt blame Cat if he said "screw it!" and never heard from again. my 2 cents anyway. Gig 'Em!

His comments were out of line for a HS football coach and also wrong. When it mattered most (state Championship), Thompson was as advertised and faster than his guy. He should have never commented on him. I have my doubts about a highly touted recruit but you won't see me post anything here.
e=mc2
AG
Tascosa blows. They've always sucked. They should change their mascot name to Amarillo High's Beach!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.