Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brenen Thompson

76,345 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Bill Superman
waltonloads11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Random Tweet

He is a 4* Athlete who I thought to be an OU lean even though he is in Texas (his town is closer to OU then A&M). What position is he being recruited for primarily?
Macarthur
Def think he's an Anias Smith type. WR, slot, RB, PR.
Shoefly!
AG
Athelete.
AWP 97
AG
Supposedly, he is crazy fast but his competition isn't that great. He is highly sought after for his speed though.
AG
Heisenberg01
AG
AWP 97 said:

Supposedly, he is crazy fast but his competition isn't that great. He is highly sought after for his speed though.

Ran a 10.4 as a high school sophomore. So yeah, he's fast.
Macarthur
Heisenberg01 said:

AWP 97 said:

Ran a 10.4 as a high school sophomore. So yeah, he's fast.
Damn. That is fast. He and Sategna in this class would be serious speed.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Shoefly! said:

Athelete.

Aflete. Run fast catch ball
whatthehey78
AG
Deeeeeeeep threat!
Z Team
AG
@catfish

Interesting insight. Will be interesting to watch play out.
DevilYack
AG
I'm not much of a football scout, but I saw one of his games in the playoffs this year and he was blazing fast. I'll leave the ability decision to Jimbo.

I also happen to know him personally and he's a great kid. I would be proud for him to be an Aggie.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Shoefly! said:

Athelete.[url=https://youtu.be/rlUzZC_I1WU?t=29][/url]
That's funny, I didn't know athlete had 3 syllables, athelete, that's amaz-z-zing.
12thman2010
Because he doesn't have a hand time that is so far off from the kids abilities. The only reason Thompson has his is from his hand time. Just saying. Maybe I need to post a crazy hand time for Major so he can blow up too. hahaha
Agsuffering@bulaw
Those are some very bold claims. Thompson has offers from Bama, Clemson, UGA, LSU, etc. Everhart has offers from TBAT and Central Michigan.

I am not scout enough to debate. But it looks like the market is speaking loudly.
Sterling82
I don't know how fast he is but the idea that 2A/3A talent is automatically a downgrade doesn't hold water. There have been many exceptional talents from small schools, i.e. Rodney Thomas.
AG
I've heard he can really sing.

Some have even called him 'The Voice of Our Generation'.
AG
Just watched his highlights.

10.8 or 10.4, whatever.

He's the fastest player on the field, and it ain't even close in all but maybe 2 clips.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Good conversation on this topic

I watched his film. He is fast, not fastest in the nation fast but he is fast. I was more impressed with his vision and his balance than his break away speed. He definately ran away from the kids he was playing against but that level of competition is pretty average at best. I think he could make a Really good college player but he is not on the same speed level as say a Devon Achane. So I get the point of the poster who brought up the discrepancy in the 100. That said He is a take in my opinion.
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

he is not on the same speed level as say a Devon Achane.

Achane is probably one of the 5 fastest guys in all of college football.

If that is our new benchmark for acceptable speed, we have indeed arrived.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
4 said:

Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

he is not on the same speed level as say a Devon Achane.

Achane is probably one of the 5 fastest guys in all of college football.

If that is our new benchmark for acceptable speed, we have indeed arrived.

A 10.4 100 would be close to achane fast that's the point. Dude is a good player but this whole conversation centered around the legitimacy of his speed and what has been reported.
waltonloads11
AG
Looks like he is coming to visit campus soon and will get a tour from Reggie McNeal.

Aggie1188
Appears he played QB his soph year and WR his junior year. Still shaping into an elite WR I'd imagine but has all the athletic tools if he has the hands (like most former QBs do) and if he can perfect his route running.
mjhhawk
I used to coach some high school sports back in the day. I mean the one thing I would never do (and I mean never) is come onto a message board and anonymously blast a high school athlete. Let alone doing so with biased opinions such as "he couldn't play for us". I seriously hope Catfish is indeed a Catfish and not teaching young men how to respect others.
Jack Boyett
AG
I'm in the area as well. I've seen him play several games, and I think he plays corner in college. The speed is there, but not sure he has the height or size to play WR or RB. I'm not a coach so take that for what it's worth.
Ordinary Man
Notice that he also ran the 200 meters in 21.74. Anything under 22 sec is elite speed. Achane ran a 21.34 in his meet at A&M, so this guy is not far behind. Granted that Achane ran sub-21 as his best time in HS.

We have needed track guys that can play football. Some of our previous WRs were possession type receivers but that couldn't get separation from DB's. You need both types, but WRs with elite speed are game changers. Just look at the speed that Alabama's WRs have. Even Baylor has had some outstanding WRs that were on their track team

I see that we are starting to pick up guys with this type of speed - Achane, Chase Lane, Ainias Smith, etc.

Back in the 70s, 80's, & 90's we were recruiting players that were also track stars: Rodney, Thomas, Skip Walker, Mike Mosley, Lester Hayes, Greg Hill, Leland McElroy, Bubba Bean, Carl Roaches, Curtis Dickey, etc. Speed is king.
Macarthur
Yeah, the dude is fast.

Heisenberg01
AG
Maybe that coach missed a number and meant to type that Brenen runs a 10.18 instead of a 10.8?
Jack Boyett
AG
10.18? Is that right? That's the first track meet of the season.

Edit - that Dave Cambell video is at Canadian, probably last year. He ran at a meet at WTAMU today.
AWP 97
AG
I'm so conflicted about this thread. I want to support Catfish because I have had other Aggie high school football coaches temper my enthusiasm about kids A&M recruited from the schools they were at. So far my one Aggie friend is 100% on kids he told me wouldn't make it A&M. Of course, he told me in private and not on a public forum and I never post what he tells me on TexAgs. However, I kind of like the "inside" information from Catfish and although I'm a little surprised he said it on a public forum, I'm interested to see how this all plays out. I'm sure we can get some wagering going on.

Can one of you smart guys mark this post for review in 3-4 years?
6.5 Swede
Compare that to Julio Humphrey's 21.8 !

Julian Humphrey with a 21.8 200M | TexAgs

Canyon99
Biting my tongue right now
waltonloads11
AG
Looks like Brenen and Major are buddies.

Hey...so.. um
6.5 Swede said:

What the hell kind of crap track meet where a 50.4 wins the 400m. Edit: This is 3A i think.
98WFSCAG
AG
Edited bc of wrong stats
Heisenberg01
AG
Hey...so.. um said:

6.5 Swede said:

What the hell kind of crap track meet where a 50.4 wins the 400m. Edit: This is 3A i think.

Clear Lake is 6A. 50 second 400m is very competitive in high school track. This thread may be filled with more Uncle Rico's than any thread in Texags history. "In '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.