Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brenen Thompson

76,487 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bill Superman
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure about the 10.01...

1.11Major Everhart*10.01PRTXAmarillo TascosaMar 27Amarillo Relay Meet of Champions Varsity2.12Myron Montgomery10.32PRTXMesquiteMar 19Allen Eagles Last Chance Meet3.12Keanu Jones10.41PRTXBrenhamMar 11Brenham Bluebonnet Relays4.11Evan Carter10.46PRTXAllenMar 19Allen Eagles Last Chance Meet5.11Donte Hamilton10.47PRTXDuncanvilleMar 19Allen Eagles Last Chance Meet6.12Jose Garcia10.49TXHarlingenMar 12Weslaco ISD Jimmy Platt Mid-Valley Classic7.11Jaelyn Davis Robinson*10.50 (2.5)PRTXDeSotoMar 27Jesuit-Sheaner 56th Annual Relays8.12Omari Walker10.51PRTXMcKinneyMar 20North Texas Track & Field Circuit #5 - Frisco12Elijah Keeton10.51PRTXDuncanvilleMar 19Allen Eagles Last Chance Meet12Connor Washington*10.51PRTXConroe Woodlands College ParkMar 27College Park Invitational11.11Logan Popelka10.52PRTXWylieFeb 27Pirate Invitational - NTTFC Meet # 310Korey Mosley10.52PRTXAllenMar 19Allen Eagles Last Chance Meet13.12Trevion McCalla10.55PRTXHumble AtascocitaMar 06Woodlands Dan Green Invitational11Tevijon Williams10.55PRTXComal Smithson ValleyMar 11Brenham Bluebonnet Relays12Diallo Good10.55PRTXCedar HillMar 11Lancaster Meet of Champions16.11Emannuel Ekong10.57PRTXNorth CrowleyMar 11North Crowley Malachi Relays17.11Pierre Goree10.59PRTXDuncanvilleMar 11Lancaster Meet of Champions18.9Pius Vokes*10.61PRTXAmarilloMar 27Amarillo Relay Meet of Champions Varsity19.12Gabriel Lane10.63PRTXNorth CrowleyMar 11North Crowley Malachi Relays20.11Tsegaya Fazarro10.66PRTXAllenMar 19Allen Eagles Last Chance Meet21.12Khalid Mendez10.67PRTXKilleen EllisonMar 19Killeen Kangaroo Relays12DaCorey Ware10.67TXCedar HillMar 11Lancaster Meet of Champions23.12Michael Sturdivant10.68PRTXLewisville MarcusMar 11Coppell II Invitational24.12Myles Squalls10.69PRTXMcKinney NorthMar 12Eaton Eagle Spring Break Invitational 3+25.-Jaydon Blue10.70PRTXKlein CainMar 20Bridgeland Invitational
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
rgag12
AG
Can we rename this thread the official 2021 HS track thread?
jdowney
I'm confused. Can he play or not?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Caflish could have handled this better, but deserves some respect. He was a solid effort player during some challenging times for the program. And keep in mind he is actually studying film and has probably watched them play for years. Let things play out.

Time will tell if Caflish is correct:

-Thompson could not start for Tascosa
-Thompson's speed is hyped--------------------------------------------------proven correct
-Thompson is not good enough to play for the Ags nor ou
-Major is a legit P5 prospect

IF Caflish hits on the rest, then I will lean heavily on whatever else he says regarding personnel. If not, then not.
Sterling82
I've read much worse bashing of prospects (who commit elsewhere) and players transferring out on here than what Caflisch said. I suggested he would be better off contacting our coaching staff than posting here and I stand by that. But the ridicule for an Ag in the coaching ranks, much of which carried on long after Caflisch quit commenting, has been ridiculous.
levypantsEOY
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Caflish could have handled this better, but deserves some respect. He was a solid effort player during some challenging times for the program. And keep in mind he is actually studying film and has probably watched them play for years. Let things play out.

Time will tell if Caflish is correct:

-Thompson could not start for Tascosa
-Thompson's speed is hyped--------------------------------------------------proven correct
-Thompson is not good enough to play for the Ags nor ou
-Major is a legit P5 prospect

IF Caflish hits on the rest, then I will lean heavily on whatever else he says regarding personnel. If not, then not.
Not sure if serious. The kid just ran a 10.4... That is plenty of speed.
windmill.1
AG
Sterling82 said:

I've read much worse bashing of prospects (who commit elsewhere) and players transferring out on here than what Caflisch said. I suggested he would be better off contacting our coaching staff than posting here and I stand by that. But the ridicule for an Ag in the coaching ranks, much of which carried on long after Caflisch quit commenting, has been ridiculous.
So does that mean that you find it perfectly fine for an "Ag in the coaching ranks" to denigrate a prospect from another school that the A&M coaches are actively recruiting ? Looks to me like that is a negative for both the recruit and OUR coaching staff.
Why would it be better for him to contact the A&M coaches to disrespect a prospect from another school ?
Sterling82
I don't consider questioning Thompson's 10.18 100 meters as denigrating. If you're that sensitive, you shouldn't be reading a message board. Good heavens! Read all the speculation on Demas (a current player). Some posters had him washed up weeks ago.
Traveler
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Not sure if serious. The kid just ran a 10.4... That is plenty of speed.
Maybe, but it aint Tascosa speed.
Heisenberg01
AG
Sterling82 said:

But Caflisch didn't stop commenting. He's doubled down repeated including this morning.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I didn't say he was slow, just that we got confirmation he was not as fast as advertised.
vander54
S
Here are the top 25 100m times for football recruits in the 2017, 2018, 2019 class. Times are from 2017.

SunrayAg
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I didn't say he was slow, just that we got confirmation he was not as fast as advertised.
Just a few posts up he ran a 10.4 last week.

It was advertised he could run a 10.4.

Sounds as fast as advertised to me...

I understand what catfish is saying. Small school talent does not always work at a big school. We had a local kid who played running back get a case of the big head a few years ago, and he decided that he was moving to Amarillo high for his senior year to be a star at a big school. After going through summer drills and 2 a days, he was informed that he would be a backup on the jv. So he transferred back. (The coach put him back in the starting lineup and pretty much lost the team when he did.) But he was not particularly big, strong or fast. He was 2A good.

I used to do radio for Sunray games, and have seen Thompson play. He is not just 2A or 3A good. He is turn off my mic because I'm about to say holy sh-- on the air good.

I think the detractors will be wrong on this one, and I hope we get him.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Caflish took issues with the 10.18 that put him on the map. And I thought caflish claims the 10.4 was hand timed.

I am not saying caflish is correct on the other points. We will know in a few years.
Bunk Moreland
Sterling82 said:

I don't consider questioning Thompson's 10.18 100 meters as denigrating. If you're that sensitive, you shouldn't be reading a message board. Good heavens! Read all the speculation on Demas (a current player). Some posters had him washed up weeks ago.

The first time posted was 10.4, not 10.18. Caflisch then came on and said the kid couldn't play for the hs he coaches at.

Yes... The claim was a 4 star wr recruit couldn't play for his hs. If that weren't dripping with enough small bit arrogance he came back and 'apologized' by saying the kid could get some special teams time at his hs.

I will give him credit for trying to make right(sorta) as the thread went on but he came way too hot and heavy not to receive a lot of wtf responses in return
Sterling82
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Caflish took issues with the 10.18 that put him on the map. And I thought caflish claims the 10.4 was hand timed.

I am not saying caflish is correct on the other points. We will know in a few years.

That's exactly right. If Thompson is a legit 10.7 100 instead of 10.4 or 10.18 it doesn't preclude his being an explosive player. And being 10.3 doesn't automatically mean he'll be great either. Regardless, his actual track times are easy for recruiters to determine...they're not checking in here or with Caflisch to make up their minds.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Late to this, comical thread, Catfish posts his observations, and the follow up posts by others turn this way more negative than what was originally stated.
Heisenberg01
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Late to this, comical thread, Catfish posts his observations, and the follow up posts by others turn this way more negative than what was originally stated.

He states in his 1st post that he couldn't get on the field at Tuscosa, compares him to a bust, and hopes he goes to OU so that he'll waste one of their scholarships. That sounds pretty negative to me.
PANHANDLE10
Since we're all voicing our opinions, I'm with catfish. Tascosa has legit D1 dudes every year.

Thompson is playing on Friday's against kids with stock show projects. Spearman's competition is some of the worst football teams in all of Texas with a few exceptions. If you put Everhart on the field against Sunray or Dimmitt, they would have to stop the game at halftime.
levypantsEOY
PANHANDLE10 said:

Since we're all voicing our opinions, I'm with catfish. Tascosa has legit D1 dudes every year.

Thompson is playing on Friday's against kids with stock show projects. Spearman's competition is some of the worst football teams in all of Texas with a few exceptions. If you put Everhart on the field against Sunray or Dimmitt, they would have to stop the game at halftime.
Wow when does your newsletter come out? I guess all of the professional analyst services don't take competition level into account when they perform recruiting rankings for these kids. Thank god we have you to steer it all straight.

This guy is a legit starter in the making, hence why Jimbo remains in pursuit.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
levypantsEOY said:

PANHANDLE10 said:

Wow when does your newsletter come out? I guess all of the professional analyst services don't take competition level into account when they perform recruiting rankings for these kids. Thank god we have you to steer it all straight.

This guy is a legit starter in the making, hence why Jimbo remains in pursuit.

"
This guy is a legit starter in the making, hence why Jimbo remains in pursuit."

Wow, when does your newsletter come out?
PANHANDLE10
How many times have you seen him play? Better yet, do you even know where Spearman is?
Snap E Tom
PANHANDLE10 said:

How many times have you seen him play? Better yet, do you even know where Spearman is?
lolol you're not even trying to hide your socks anymore.
Doctor51
AG
He's played Canadian and Stratford every year. Guess those stock show boys aren't very good since Canadian won a state title this year. Google how many state championships they've won. Thompson and Everheart are both legit.
Traveler
AG
Disappointed.

Was hoping for another 100 m FAT non-wind-aided track time against Tascosa in Spearman.
Ulrich
I doubt Fisher, Saban, and Swinney extend many offers based on a hand timed 100m. Spots are too valuable and they have too many options. They looked at film and made their decisions.
i is smart
AG
Tascosa isn't exactly a powerhouse, is it?
DBird
This thread aged well
Sterling82
DBird said:

This thread aged well

How so? Was there news today?
e=mc2
AG
Dad Jokes said:

Tascosa isn't exactly a powerhouse, is it?
No. They're a traditional doormat. They've had mild success the last few years, but still get destroyed in the playoffs. Overall, they're the second best program in Amarillo behind Amarillo High and traditionally the third best program in Amarillo behind Palo Duro (who has fallen off a cliff the last decade).
DBird
Nah no news, just hadn't looked at the thread for a while and the quote "he couldn't play for Tascosa" is a thing now
vander54
S
10.38 FYI it was a regional record

levypantsEOY
Wow. Well there you have it.

I look forward to the mouth breathing posters above who jumped on this kid based one jaded "coach's" spurious commentary.
Bunk Moreland
Sorry, he is NTM. And if he's NTM, he's NAM.
AgsMyDude
AG
vander54 said:

10.38 FYI it was a regional record

Quote:

Now, I'm not saying he isn't fast, however, he will not put the time he did up again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.