Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Official Early Signing Day Thread *****

40,625 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jsmc71
TxAg76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Traveler said:

Bill Superman said:

Get a grip, Jimbo knows what he's doing and has no comparison to Sumlin or Fran. I'm on board with any 3* that Jimbo brings in. And I stand by my statement even though you excluded the next sentence for clarification.

You just keep getting your recruiting info from your omniscient pundits and thinking that sip is pulling in top classes every year. The rest of us have realized Jimbo knows better than your biased armchair pundit.
?? I get my recruiting info free from TexAgs, and that's about it. Judging from your posts, you are way, way more into recruiting than I am.

But I'm smart enough to know that recruiting rankings matter. Not sure why you continue to ignore the mountain of evidence that it does, but math can be hard for some people.

I just know that we ever start routinely hearing the following on NSD's going forward ...
"I'll take a bunch of 3* that Coach wants and that WANT to be here over a bunch of 4* and 5* any day!"

It's time to start looking for a new coach.

Y'all are both right, and the rest is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Stars are semi relevant, in terms of a kids ability. But they'll never be able to tell the real story behind any given player, mostly with what's between their ears and with work ethic.

Oversimplified, the star givers and coaching staffs are gonna likely agree on 80% of players. I mean damn, it's hard to miss on a Myles Garrett type.
Outside of that, y'all are arguing about the outliers, and if you had to pick a side, you gotta give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt over any media/rankings entity.

Parallel example, I'd value Urbans opinion of the best team in the country over Finebaums. One actually knows what he's looking at.
vander54
S
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I missed the portal talk earlier. We are not set up to be a transfer destination that could change in a few years.

Very few in the portal are both good enough to start for us and also immediately eligible. Those who are will expect to play.

Second, those good enough to promise playing time probably get offers from Bama and UGA. We lost out on Landon Dickerson to Bama in 2019.

Jimbo and transfer QBs do not mix. Jimbo likes his QB to redshirt for a year. His offense is not plug-n-play.

IF we keep this up, we could be the destination for transfers like Landon Dickerson. But even still, it would mean maybe one every 3-4 years. Other than that, we might find the occasional role-player willing to be a role player like Austin Wood.

Exactly. Jimbo would prefer to have a guy sit and learn his playback before playing them. We may get a QB from the portal but he would most likely just be a warm body.
World's worst proofreader
TxAg76
AG
Tunmise?
cheroczech
AG
I'm looking at his IG and still no live broadcast.
Sixdrakes
AG
TxAg76 said:

Tunmise?
Has to be very soon. The whole street is lined up with his buddies vehicles.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sixdrakes said:

TxAg76 said:

Tunmise?

You don't see a white Dodge Charger, do you?
TxAg76
AG
Sixdrakes said:

TxAg76 said:

Tunmise?

Which one we buy him?
Sixdrakes
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Sixdrakes said:

TxAg76 said:

Tunmise?

You don't see a white Dodge Charger, do you?
There is a gray one. But there are no paper plates on it.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
The gold Trans Am
Macarthur
usmcbrooks
The good guys got him.
Onionman
SECTAMU#1
247Sports is showing Bryce Foster at 95% A&M 5% OU.

It is also showing LJ Johnson at 47% A&M and 53% tu.
MSL Ag
AG
Wasn't Foster supposed to announce at 7?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rgag12
AG
MSL Ag said:

He announces sometime tomorrow
MSL Ag
AG
Oops mixed up my days.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Agvet12
AG
rgag12 said:

MSL Ag said:

Friday at 6/7 am is the last I heard
jsmc71
AG
rgag12 said:

MSL Ag said:

Per 247, he signs at 7a tomorrow: Live updates: Texas A&M football Early Signing Period (247sports.com)
Macarthur
What's the latest on LJ Johnson?
jsmc71
AG
Macarthur said:

What's the latest on LJ Johnson?

Wondering the same. Also anyone know if there is any new movement/leaning with Thomas or Malone?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.