Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Official Early Signing Day Thread *****

40,615 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jsmc71
JustisWalkert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shirt color definition
EKG1996
AG
JustisWalkert said:

Shirt color definition
Thanks

Never heard Blueshirts and Greenshirts before
vander54
S
Dumb_Loggy said:

hunter2012 said:

14/18 have signed. Waiting for Banks, Wykoff, Crownover, and Garza.

Being a 3 star, you'd think Garza would sign as quickly as possible.

World's worst proofreader
EKG1996
AG
vander54 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

hunter2012 said:

14/18 have signed. Waiting for Banks, Wykoff, Crownover, and Garza.

Being a 3 star, you'd think Garza would sign as quickly as possible.

DegenAg
AG
beerad12man said:

Garza is greyshirting. Bad injury. Gives him more time so he doesn't start his eligibility injured.

Crownover is blueshirting.

Both count to 2022. We have 7 more spots. Adeleye, Jeudy, Foster, and hopefully Gilbert this week. Though Gilbert and Jeudy won't announce it until January 2nd.

Then 3 spots for February signing day between Jojo Earle, Brian Thomas, LJ Johnson, Tavarish Dawson, or any other guy who emerges late. A Juco or transfer might also take one of the last spots.
^^^^ This is exciting - looks like a ton of talent is gonna be added not on our current commit list. If things play out this way seems like we will end up easily in the top 10...
vander54
S
DegenAg said:

beerad12man said:

Garza is greyshirting. Bad injury. Gives him more time so he doesn't start his eligibility injured.

Crownover is blueshirting.

Both count to 2022. We have 7 more spots. Adeleye, Jeudy, Foster, and hopefully Gilbert this week. Though Gilbert and Jeudy won't announce it until January 2nd.

Then 3 spots for February signing day between Jojo Earle, Brian Thomas, LJ Johnson, Tavarish Dawson, or any other guy who emerges late. A Juco or transfer might also take one of the last spots.
^^^^ This is exciting - looks like a ton of talent is gonna be added not on our current commit list. If things play out this way seems like we will end up easily in the top 10...

We may sneak into #5 but that will depend a lot on LSU and where their unsigned guys end up.
World's worst proofreader
infinity ag
All these 3 stars people are well and good but to be elite, we need some 5 stars, mostly 4 stars and one/two 3 stars.

If you look at the rankings, this is where Alabama is. Saban doesn't take low ranked players unless he sees something in them.

So unless its a 4 or a 5 I am not too excited.
SA-AG72
AG
infinity ag said:

All these 3 stars people are well and good but to be elite, we need some 5 stars, mostly 4 stars and one/two 3 stars.

If you look at the rankings, this is where Alabama is. Saban doesn't take low ranked players unless he sees something in them.

Says a 1 star.
cavscout96
AG
infinity ag said:

All these?

Our class is 5 and high 4 star player by and large,
Jarrin' Jay
AG
infinity ag said:

You are right. I guess we should not renew Ainias Smith's scholly..............
infinity ag
Jarrin' Jay said:

infinity ag said:

I am right.

Smith and JFF are outliers.

Why don't you try recruiting a team only for 3*s and see how far you get? Saban ain't dumb to get to where he is.
infinity ag
SA-AG72 said:

infinity ag said:

Says a 1 star.

hahahha that was a good one! Didn't notice until you mentioned.
infinity ag
cavscout96 said:

infinity ag said:

All these?

5*: 1
4*: 11
3*: 6

Yes, pretty good.

For 2022, I would like to see

5*: 2-3
4*: 15
3*: 2

Bunk Moreland
infinity ag said:

cavscout96 said:

infinity ag said:

All these?

Yes, pretty good.

I'll tell Jimbo to get your express written approval for the 2022 class. Wish I'd have known this in advance.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
infinity ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

infinity ag said:

I am right.

Why don't you try recruiting a team only for 3*s and see how far you get? Saban ain't dumb to get to where he is.

We don't have a class on mostly 3 *s you simpleton. Smith, JFF, Mike Evans, Swope, J-Stew, Sean Porter, etc., etc. If you have an elite coach who can develop players a 3* recruit that has the measurables and receives 5* coaching is fine. If Jimbo signs a kid he can play at a championship level, though that doesn't mean that all will get there.

Please tell me more about Saban and his recruiting, of the two of us one is an Alabama season ticket holder and one is not......
CowPieAndFries
infinity ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

infinity ag said:

I am right.

Saban flipped a Rivals 3 star yesterday defensive end from LSU to Alabama. My thought is the rating guru's might have missed on that one. They miss on quite a few actually. I trust that Jimbo can out Jimbo them.
All I do is Nguyen
infinity ag said:

We are not on par with Bama yet, but we getting there. To expect those kind of results si asinine at this point.
No matter what
Agsuffering@bulaw
Jimbo has a very high success rate with 3*s, especially the ones who look like projects on paper.

We have no way of knowing how likely jimbo thinks any given 3*'will succeed. With sumlin, we knew that most would fail.
DallasAg 94
goosespn
AG
So, does anyone know if Demas is playing this weekend???? Asking for a friend..
Post removed:
by user
texasaggie84
AG
I trust Jimbo
Bill Superman
AG
infinity ag said:

cavscout96 said:

infinity ag said:

All these?

Yes, pretty good.

Your omniscient pundits continue to miss all over the place. It's not that hard to hear that a player is getting recruited by Saban then slap a 4*/5* on him.

Jimbo knows how to evaluate better than any of the pundits that you base your opinions on.

I'll take a class full of 3*'s if that's what Jimbo prefers. Star ratings mean next to nothing.

That being said, it's always nice to see 4*/5*'s join since so many folks like you put all of your stock in some armchair pundits biased opinion.
infinity ag
Bunk Moreland said:

infinity ag said:

cavscout96 said:

infinity ag said:

All these?

Yes, pretty good.

I'll tell Jimbo to get your express written approval for the 2022 class. Wish I'd have known this in advance.

Don't worry, I Whatsapped him earlier this year. He said he'd try his best. He fell short this year and I said I am okay for now.
Next year and things won't be so peachy.
infinity ag
Jarrin' Jay said:

infinity ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

infinity ag said:

I am right.

We don't have a class on mostly 3 *s you simpleton. Smith, JFF, Mike Evans, Swope, J-Stew, Sean Porter, etc., etc. If you have an elite coach who can develop players a 3* recruit that has the measurables and receives 5* coaching is fine. If Jimbo signs a kid he can play at a championship level, though that doesn't mean that all will get there.

Please tell me more about Saban and his recruiting, of the two of us one is an Alabama season ticket holder and one is not......

I didn't say that, duffer. Learn to read, did you go to Blinn?

All I am saying is we need to fill our class with mostly 4 stars, some 5 stars and a few 3 stars whom the coaches think are underrated. If you differ, then that is fine. Too many 3 stars means lower quality of player.
infinity ag
Bill Superman said:

infinity ag said:

cavscout96 said:

infinity ag said:

All these?

Yes, pretty good.

Your omniscient pundits continue to miss all over the place. It's not that hard to hear that a player is getting recruited by Saban then slap a 4*/5* on him.

Jimbo knows how to evaluate better than any of the pundits that you base your opinions on.

I'll take a class full of 3*'s if that's what Jimbo prefers. Star ratings mean next to nothing.

That being said, it's always nice to see 4*/5*'s join since so many folks like you put all of your stock in some armchair pundits biased opinion.

Yeah Saban has how many NCs and how many do we have? Last one was when my grandpa was a young man.
Jimbo has 1 but elsewhere so I am confident he will get us to the promised land but let's see.
SinKiller
Rendered Fat said:

infinity ag said:

cavscout96 said:

infinity ag said:

All these?

Yes, pretty good.

Not trying to be mean, but I don't believe that there's a single person within the organization that gives a **** what you would like to see.

Come on, really?
schmellba99
AG
Bill Superman said:

infinity ag said:

cavscout96 said:

infinity ag said:

All these?

Yes, pretty good.

Except, on average, they do mean something.
hunter2012
AG
I remember the angst and yelling at clouds regarding Ainias Smith. Trust Jimbo ya'll.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Star ratings just predict how likely someone is to get drafted. Not their performance in college. So a 5* has something like an 80% chance based on their measurable to be drafted in 3 years, a 4* is 60%, and a 3 star is somewhere around 40%.

So you could argue someone like RSJ shouldn't have been a 5* based on his performance in college, but he was still drafted, so the rating was spot on. Even more so because of how little production he had in college.
cheroczech
AG
This is a great thread. Except for the post that suggests being a Bama season ticket holder equals higher Saban recruiting IQ (maybe I just misunderstood that strange post). Anyway, can't wait to land more high profile targets over the coming days and months! Gig 'em!!
wangus12
AG
infinity ag said:

Saban doesn't have to recruit ***** The media does it for him. All he has to do is walk in and tell junior, "I can get you national exposure on a perennial Top 3 team that will make the playoffs." Everything else is taken care thanks to the national media slobbering on Bama (not that they don't deserve it).
Jarrin' Jay
AG
So now you are backtracking on your own comments, disagreeing with yourself, or flat out saying you didn't say what you posted above... OK whatever makes you feel better.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Jimbo 3* Recruits:

'18 (1/4)
Jace-$$$
Beal- could still be good, not willing to be developed last year-x
C. Strong - x
M. Diallo-x
(omitted those committed to Sumlin)

'19 (5/10, but jury still out on the other 5)
L. Robinson- looked awesome in mop-up time (Cole Cubelic was ready to blow him) $
Z. Calzada- not looking like he will make it
A. Jones
C. Lane $
A. Smith $$
B. Trainor
C. Russell
R. Orebo
C. Davis $ (kicks off)
N. Constantino $
Jarrin' Jay
AG
You did misunderstand, it was my way of saying infinity ag doesn't need to educate me (or others) on Saban recruiting, apologies for even bringing it up. Plenty of 3*** rated kids sign for Bama.

Anyway, back to topic as I am an A&M alum and fan and STH for 30 years, this is an excellent class, and signing 3, 4, 5+ 3*** recruits is totally fine. It is about evaluation and development. I trust Jimbo on this in spades. if Jimbo signs a kid who is rated 3***s by the jock-sniffer recruiting industry, that kid can be an elite SEC football player, a 5 * if you will. There are probably alot more highly rated players that go bust than 3*** players that become very good players. Any cow recruiting class of the last 7-10 years likely a prime example.

Great class today and I expect it to get better tonight and on NSD part II in 2021.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.