Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Cullen Disagrees with Bjork, Calls Out NeverAgain Ags

39,246 Views | 402 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Reginald Cousins
levypantsEOY
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You smell of fear.
Reginald Cousins
S
levypantsEOY said:

You smell of fear.
I smell of common sense and a desire to see that beautiful gold trophy in Bright.

You smell of ego and being fine with 1-11 as long as the W was sip.
levypantsEOY
Nah. I just dont believe that playing the sips and winning a national championship from the SEC are mutually exclusive.
Just wish I had a recent example to use...
Reginald Cousins
S
levypantsEOY said:

Nah. I just dont believe that playing the sips and winning a national championship from the SEC are mutually exclusive.
Just wish I had a recent example to use...
I don't believe they are either, and when there's an opening in the schedule I would consider it... probably still mostly against but right now the room isn't there.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
In the last decade (2010-2019), Texas A&M has a far superior record of 84-46 (0.646) to Texas' 71-57 (0.555). Since joining the SEC in 2012, Texas A&M is 68-36 (0.654), and Texas is 58-45 (0.563). That's about the only claim of superiority we have over them so far. I hate to point out that Texas has a Sugar Bowl win over Georgia to finish 10-4 two seasons ago, and we have yet to play in a New Years Six Bowl in the College Football Playoff Era. It will take at least a 10+ win season and NY6 bowl to surpass them in national relevance, but I believe we are slowly closing that gap. Since Jimbo Fisher arrived, he has a slightly better winning percentage of 17-9 (0.654) in two years than Longhorns coach Tom Herman has in three years 25-15 (0.625) while navigating a tougher schedule.
TXAggie2011
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Complete narcissistic selfishness being posted.

Again.

If playing them can improve the odds of winning a national championship, I'm all for it. If it can't, I won't be.
LSU just played them and went on to win the national championship. Alabama scheduled a home and home. Ohio State scheduled a home and home. So did Georgia, Florida, and Michigan. USC and Notre Dame just completed a series with them.

Teams that actually compete for championships don't seem to shy away.

(And most of those schools played or will play at least 9 other Power 5 games in the regular seasons the Longhorns are scheduled.)
My point.

LSU nor Bama played 10 P5 games.

We shouldn't either, and we're booked.

You still didn't explain to me how it increases the odds.
Alabama is moving towards 10 P-5 games a year. They're already scheduled for that in 2025 and 2026. Nick Saban Wants at Least 10 Power 5 Games For Alabama

Did you think playing Clemson increase our odds? Will Colorado increase our odds? Miami? Notre Dame? Arizona State? Louisville?
Reginald Cousins
S
TXAggie2011 said:

Reginald Cousins said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Again.

If playing them can improve the odds of winning a national championship, I'm all for it. If it can't, I won't be.
LSU just played them and went on to win the national championship. Alabama scheduled a home and home. Ohio State scheduled a home and home. So did Georgia, Florida, and Michigan. USC and Notre Dame just completed a series with them.

Teams that actually compete for championships don't seem to shy away.

(And most of those schools played or will play at least 9 other Power 5 games in the regular seasons the Longhorns are scheduled.)
My point.

LSU nor Bama played 10 P5 games.

We shouldn't either, and we're booked.

You still didn't explain to me how it increases the odds.
No, that's not your point. And Alabama is moving towards 10 P-5 games a year. They're already scheduled for that in 2025 and 2026. Nick Saban Wants at Least 10 Power 5 Games For Alabama

Did you think playing Clemson increase our odds? Will Colorado increase our odds? Miami? Notre Dame? Arizona State? Louisville?
I don't think you're hearing me. I'm not against the standard 9, and the bolded schools WOULD increase our odds as our 9th, compared to playing tOSU or Clemson, OU, and a few others around the nation. But the CFP has proven it doesn't give two ****s about the SOS, and until they do I don't see a reason to depart from the 9 P-5 games. Just because you're erect about getting back in bed with sip doesn't mean it's the logical move to make.

HarveyBirdman
AG
Bama, LSU, Ohio St, and whoever else the sips have scheduled also didn't put up with a century of their BS
HTownAg
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Again.

I think it would help our odds more than playing Lamar, Kent State, Abilene Christian, Sam Houston, Katy, North Shore, Allen High School like is currently scheduled...
Reginald Cousins
S
HTownAg said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Again.

I think it would help our odds more than playing Lamar, Kent State, Abilene Christian, Sam Houston, Katy, North Shore, Allen High School like is currently scheduled...
If you continued reading the CFP has PROVEN it doesn't weigh SOS much AT ALL among P5 schools.

So, no, it doesn't.
aggiewhoop1
AG
cullen can be cringe
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
It would benefit us more to never play a team like Texas or Clemson OOC. Schedule a team like Indiana or Rutgers + three creampuffs and then play our SEC schedule.
HarveyBirdman
AG
The winner of the SEC gets into the CFP. Period. We dont need to get back in bed with the sips to play for a natty
Reno Hightower
Chris Del Conte has a lot of help on this thread.
#Mke
AG
Reno Hightower said:

At least CDC is willing to be upfront and say the Sips are willing to play A&M. At least he's not acting arrogant or "above" A&M like Dodds.

Dodds refused to play A&M, y'all hate him for it. CDC want to schedule A&M, y'all hate him for it.

Kinda like how "Texas sucks at football" but then adding them to our schedule makes it "too difficult" to win a Natty.

Pick a side and stick with it!
Reno Hightower
CDC's twitter may have erred toward arrogance on this subject in the last couple of weeks.
HarveyBirdman
AG
Tough time to be referred to as CDC too
regio
If he isn't the 12th an that lived in a tent, I'm not listening
Reginald Cousins
S
#Mke said:

Reno Hightower said:

At least CDC is willing to be upfront and say the Sips are willing to play A&M. At least he's not acting arrogant or "above" A&M like Dodds.

Dodds refused to play A&M, y'all hate him for it. CDC want to schedule A&M, y'all hate him for it.

Kinda like how "Texas sucks at football" but then adding them to our schedule makes it "too difficult" to win a Natty.

Pick a side and stick with it!

CDC is posturing.

You're giving just the reaction he's looking for.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.