Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Cullen Disagrees with Bjork, Calls Out NeverAgain Ags

39,206 Views | 402 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Reginald Cousins
#Mke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Woke up this morning to these gems:

Looks like y'all have some opposition from the most legendary 12th Man of all-time!
greg.w.h
AG
Well...that's one former student opinion...
Decay
AG
He never played against them so his opinion as a player has limited relevance.

And one of the big reasons it's being pushed is because the sips have a terrible schedule and want a sellout game.

Meanwhile we have plenty of big matchups every year.

We don't need the game on the schedule for the sake of ticket sales or financials.

When we were planning to leave the B12 they said we're not welcome on their schedule anymore and they tried multiple ways to block us.

A lot of us still remember that. 8 years down, 92 to go.
#Mke
AG
Decay said:

And one of the big reasons it's being pushed is because the sips have a terrible schedule and want a sellout game.

We don't need the game on the schedule for the sake of ticket sales or financials.

When we were planning to leave the B12 they said we're not welcome on their schedule anymore and they tried multiple ways to block us.

Meh, that all sounds petty & weak. Play 'em & beat 'em. That's what champions would do.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I would really love the breakdown of Class and whether you want to play again. I think the majority of those Ags pushing for this renewal probably didn't even experience a t.u. or very many in school. ( I bet less than 10)
#Mke
AG
Sarduakar said:

I would really love the breakdown of Class and whether you want to play again. I think the majority of those Ags pushing for this renewal probably didn't even experience a t.u. or very many in school. ( I bet less than 10)
Certainly would be a very interesting statistic to say the least
greg.w.h
AG
#Mke said:

Decay said:

Meh, that all sounds petty & weak. Play 'em & beat 'em. That's what champions would do.
No. Champions don't listen to what other people tell them to do...that's what losers do.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
If the sips and Ags are as good as they both want to be, then it's certainly possible they will play again, either in a bowl game or in the playoffs. There is no need to ever schedule those assclowns again, however. Let the game happen on a big stage.
Texagsubscriber
https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/19/texas-texas-am-rivalry-deloss-dodds/1999611/
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
maver1ck
AG
I see where he's coming from. It'd be fun to play them. But there also has to be some logic here. Playing texas would boost their strength of schedule, not ours.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Decay said:

Did you play against Texas as a player?
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Regardless of the #neveragain crowd (of which I am a member), the main argument against playing cow is that most fans would rather play other interesting non-con games. Right now we have on the sked or recently played UCLA, Clemson, Colorado, Miami, Louisville, Notre Dame, Arizona State.

Given our strength of conference schedule we are only going to play one marquee non-conference opponent, as just about every team does including cow.

Why would we want to play a team 90 miles away we have played 100+ times and give up playing teams like Clemson and Notre Dame home and away?

No thanks.

That is just the logical reason, the emotional and hate filled reasons are many and are good enough for me. F cow, let them continue to play a terrible home sked in a 2nd rate league that is mostly irrelevant. Meanwhile we will play in the SEC and on a weekly basis play huge games against teams cow is desperate to sign non-con series with to help their sked and gate. Who would pay good $ for season tickets when the home sked is Rice, UTSA, Kansas, tech, tcu, baylor, Iowa State. They need Bama, UGA, LSU, Ohio State to show up on occasion to give any type of credibility to their schedule.

We already offered to continue to play them every season and on T-day, they refused. We have moved on to bigger and better things and should not do anything to help them.

Any focus on our scheduling should be solely on getting the SEC to go to 9 conference games or a pod system, not anything to do with cow.
Harry Dunne
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Decay said:

Did you play against Texas as a player?
"his opinion as a player has limited relevance, but here's my fully relevant opinion based on many hours of watching from the couch!"
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

If the sips and Ags are as good as they both want to be, then it's certainly possible they will play again, either in a bowl game or in the playoffs. There is no need to ever schedule those assclowns again, however. Let the game happen on a big stage.
I don't get those of you who are hopeful of meeting them again as long as it's not either of our choices.
TMartin
What is it that being in the Texan's organization screws up so many people?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Regardless of the #neveragain crowd (of which I am a member), the main argument against playing cow is that most fans would rather play other interesting non-con games. Right now we have on the sked or recently played UCLA, Clemson, Colorado, Miami, Louisville, Notre Dame, Arizona State.
I think that might be your main argument.

Clemson and Notre Dame I'll give you. But you cannot tell me that UCLA, Colorado, Miami, Louisville, and Arizona State are half as interesting matchups as if we put Texas back on the schedule. Listen to what you're saying...
NoahAg
Cullen is right.

Florida-FSU
Iowa-ISU
Clemson-SC
CU-CSU

Now is the best time to bring it back.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Well ... Bye Cullen

Welcome back Sam Moeller
Stinky T
AG
A future home/home series in 2030 something? Maybe.. Agree to play them every year? That would be a colossal misstep for A&M leadership in my opinion. For lots of reasons.
greg.w.h
AG
NoahAg said:

Cullen is right.

Florida-FSU
Iowa-ISU
Clemson-SC
CU-CSU

Now is the best time to bring it back.

Iowa ISU isn't likely to survive and mostly benefits Ames.
WallyWonka
AG

I really loved my ex-wife too.

His is just one opinion.

BigBrother
AG
Scholarship player who wore the #12.
Velvet Jones
AG
"Cancel whatever you have to. The people deserve it!" Why not rekindle the storied Baylor game too? Don't forget Tceh! The people deserve that rivalry back too, right? And Rice! And SMU! And Cougar High! And Purple Baylor!

The people deserve those historic rivalries! It's the only way to be a champion!
Bonfire1996
AG
And that's why Cullen gets paid to play the game and not to organize the game. He thinks he knows the situation, but in reality, he has no perspective and therefore, no clue. In other words, he was dumb enough to swallow the bait.
greg.w.h
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

And that's why Cullen gets paid to play the game and not to organize the game. He thinks he knows the situation, but in reality, he has no perspective and therefore, no clue. In other words, he was dumb enough to swallow the bait.
Free speech is more valuable for being able to speak than the content one imparts...
AgOutsideAustin
AG
IDGAF what anybody under the age of 50 says about bringing this game back. You haven't lived with their bullshiite long enough to know better.
Flashdiaz
AG
he wants to watch a game... i'd rather see the sips and their fanbase suffer through a terrible home schedule.
Post removed:
by user
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Yes, they are, as you missed my other point. We have played tu 100+ times. I would rather go to UCLA, Miami, and Colorado than Austin which we have done many times. For us the non-con games should be interesting intersectional matchups in good travel destinations, new opponents and experiences, etc., etc. If its tu, why not baylor?!

As well that opens the door for other big non-con games. We have had discussions or contract with Oregon and Michigan State in the past. Ohio State, Florida State, Va. Tech, Oregon, Stanford, Penn State, Nebraska, Iowa those are better options than playing tu again. Granted, I understand what you are saying, Louisville and Colorado don't have the name brand cache but I would still rather go play there for the experience than play tu in Austin again, and again, and again, and again, and again. It also helps with our brand recognition to play more nationally.

If we agreed to play tu again, we would never play another marquee non-con game, it would all be UTSA, ULM, random FCS school, New Mexico State, Wyoming, etc., etc. and I am not willing to do that. If our schedule included Kansas and a bunch of spare Big 12 teams we would maybe be agreeable to playing two marquee non-con games, but that isn't our reality.

jbeaman88
AG
To be fair, players like Cullen love playing in rivalry games and without tu on our schedule, none of the players for the past 8 years have had the chance that previous players had to cement their names in Aggie lore as one of those who took down the hated t-sips.

That makes me wonder if schools like Bama or Auburn are using that rivalry game as an advantage in recruiting over us.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I don't get those of you who are hopeful of meeting them again as long as it's not either of our choices.
Where did I say anything about being hopeful about meeting them again? I'd just as soon never play those assclowns again, ever, but the reality is that eventually, they will meet again on the gridiron. We've already met them again on the hard court and the diamond, so is a football game that much out of the question? We absolutely control our regular season schedule, but as I stated, if both programs achieve some level of greatness that is worthy of a bowl match-up, ie, a big bowl like a NY6/playoff bowl game, I am reasonably confident the powers-that-be will make it happen.
levypantsEOY
Bonfire1996 said:

He has no clue but Bonfire1996 knows all?

I think its largely a generational issue. The sad fact is the olds dont want to play the sips because they are still insecure from playing second fiddle for ten decades.
The new kids dont have that fear. They want to win and beat the clowns just down the highway.

B-b-b-but we dont want to help their schedule!! What kind of loser talk is that?! We are only fan base in America with such a vocal opposition to playing another team.

Play the game. Beat them where it hurts the most- ON THE FIELD.

Everything else is crybaby pizza.
AG
My bet is that 95% of you who don't understand NEVER AGAIN are too young to understand why us older Ags say it. Cullen falls into that category.

F 'em. From the heart.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

the main argument against playing cow is that most fans would rather play other interesting non-con games.

That is not it. The real reason is that they are our competitor who will fight dirty as hell. There is no mercy or honor at this point. It is about our business and brand defeating their brand, by any means possible. IF we could take them to court and use a lawsuit to destroy them, fine.

They can't get tv ratings (except the rrs) nor sell out their stadium. They need the game. We don't . Anything that benefits them is ultimately bad for us. The lower they sink, the higher we can rise.

I get that it is not as glorious as crushing them on a field of honor. Oh well.

Cullen was a great competitor and thinks like a player and a fan. He ought to think like a general or CEO before opening his mouth on this particuliar subject (yes, he earned the right to speak on a lot of other subjects).
HarveyBirdman
AG
c/o 2006. Fugg em

They can big body tech, baylor, tcu and the rest of the Big 12 (EST) but we finally put our foot down in 2011 and put them in our rearview mirror.

Their program has been circling the drain ever since, why would we throw them a life saver? They have been waiting since 2012 to have a marquee win (Sugar Bowl v disinterested UGA) so that they could start the "ok, we're ready to play the Ags again" narrative knowing full well we weren't going to play them and they could say "oh they must be scared of us".

Let them keep crowing and goading. The loudest man in the room is the weakest man in the room. We hold the leverage now and are much better off without them

The real tragedy is, if the game had been continued after we joined the SEC we'd probably have an 8 game winning streak against them

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.