Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Something is not Right with this JImbo Fisher Scenario

27,710 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiehawg
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Fisher has been battling FSU admin for sorely needed facility upgrades. There is zero question ours are better.
Dude, stop. You can keep saying this, it doesn't make it true. He doesn't want to share as many buildings as they do, they're not sorely needing new facilities.

HoustonAg2106
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Fisher has been battling FSU admin for sorely needed facility upgrades. There is zero question ours are better.
Dude, stop. You can keep saying this, it doesn't make it true. He doesn't want to share as many buildings as they do, they're not sorely needing new facilities.

EWWWWWWW...GROSS!

Why would anyone want to go there?

Joe Exotic
AG
You think those are remotely comparable to ours?

Jesus
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

EWWWWWWW...GROSS!
Well, I mean, I thought only having two Foosball tables at the entrance to the arcade and "theater" was kind of weak.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Jesus
Stop bragging about our shiny new toys, Florida State out recruits us every year with their "inferior" facilities...and the reason is because they are a winning program where you go to play for championships (and it's proven because of their "history")
Joe Exotic
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Jesus
Stop bragging about our shiny new toys, Florida State out recruits us every year with their "inferior" facilities...and the reason is because they are a winning program where you go to play for championships (and it's proven because of their "history")

Goalpost moved
TXAggie2011
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Jesus
You right, you right...we have FOUR foosball tables at the arcade!

Please. We're not a better job and we're not blowing away their facilities because we have "TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY SEC AGGIE FOOTBALL" or whatever it says in neon lights inside the weight room and another school only has that inside the locker room.
MaxPower
Don't forget, local police will help you cover up rape in Tallahassee. That's a major recruiting tool.....
C Loves L
TXAggie2011 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Truth be told... Ill put it like one recruit said, they're all nice and start looking the same" If you're making your decision based on how A&M's facilities may or may not be nicer (I think they are) than you are not good at making decisions. I'm not saying I would choose FSU over A&M. I'm biased and love this University. But using facilities in todays day and age is just silly. Search online for random Power 5 football programs/pics of their facilities. They all have "wow" factor
trm94
AG
What FSU is lacking is a football facility, and their main competition in the ACC just upgraded. The FSU AD doesn't want to do so, and doesn't see the need. Fisher's aggravation with the AD is real, as is theirs with him. FSU is tired of his name being associated with big positions every year ( sound familiar? )

I could see it as a possibility, if something is worked out in his personal life. If Auburn were to come open, I could see Fisher there instead due to proximity
Joe Exotic
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Jesus
You right, you right...we have FOUR foosball tables at the arcade!

Please. We're not a better job and we're not blowing away their facilities because we have "TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY SEC AGGIE FOOTBALL" or whatever it says in neon lights inside the weight room and another school only has that inside the locker room.

It is one factor of the equation. And it's why coaches pushes administrators so hard for them. You still refuse to list any metrics other than a worthless W-L record.
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

What FSU is lacking is a football facility, and their main competition in the ACC just upgraded. The FSU AD doesn't want to do so, and doesn't see the need. Fisher's aggravation with the AD is real, as is theirs with him. FSU is tired of his name being associated with big positions every year ( sound familiar? )
No doubt Fisher doesn't want other sports or other students "in the football operations building", but its not true the AD isn't allowing that or wanting to do that. Stan Wilcox wants that, too and it will happen.

But anyways, in the mean time, the facilities the football team does have had millions pumped into them, has gotten new football only buildings and spaces, and to characterize the "problem" at FSU as neglected facilities, old facilities, etc. that's just not reality.

Jimbo wants more room for the coaches to spread their legs and ply their trade. That's a whole other thing than to say what they do have isn't "remotely" close to the great facilities out there. They're terrific. Jimbo just wants more offices and he wants less traffic around the complex.

There is immense pressure to compete with Clemson and Alabama looms large next door.
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

It is one factor of the equation. And it's why coaches pushes administrators so hard for them. You still refuse to list any metrics other than a worthless W-L record.
What?

I'm not whom I presume you were asking for metrics and I've not said anything about their win-loss record.

All I've been talking about the facilities situation at FSU that you have a gross misunderstanding of.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Stadium size is a proxy for revenue generation. Not perfect, but quick, dirty and effective.

Revenue generation means more money for the HC, assistants, facilities, etc. It matters. Yes, FSU has money too. We just have more.

The other objections have already been dealt with on this thread.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I think the Charlie Strong move to Austin is mostly an example of one thing---generally coaches aren't keen to leave good situations and good jobs even if we might think another college job is nonetheless "better."

This is exactly why I started this thread. I did not understand why JImbo would blow up what he has for slightly more potential. Both programs are positioned to allow a real coach to compete for a title.

"Facilities" and "personal grudge" are the only explanations I find plausible.
McInnis80
Before Bobby Bowden, FSU was a school you scheduled for homecoming. In the early 1970's, they lost their best coach to a school from Texas. Rice. Yes, they are in Florida, but they are in Tallahassee. It further from Miami to FSU than it is from College Station to Lubbock. Florida State is closer to Mulga, Alabama than Miami, Florida.

Florida will always get their recruits. But Miami is starting to reinstall the wall around Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, and then cherry pick recruits along the I-4 corridor. A&M Is much closer to the major media markets of Houston and DFW than FSU is to Miami/Palm Beach, Tampa and Orlando markets.

Under Bowden, ACC football was owned by FSU. Now that has moved to Clemson. Jimbo is going to get paid soon. The question is who will be writing the checks.
C Loves L
McInnis80 said:

Before Bobby Bowden, FSU was a school you scheduled for homecoming. In the early 1970's, they lost their best coach to a school from Texas.
Yep, and the people that grew up watching those teams are in their 60s+ I'm pretty sure their kids aren't being recruited.

The ones being recruited today have parent's that were BORN in the mid 70s and are very familiar with how successful FSU was and has been.

FSU won a national title when these recruites were 12 and 13 years old.

My dad wasn't even swimming in his dad's sack in 1939
Seanzy2012
AG
Phoenix1 said:

Stopped reading at Texas A&M is a slightly better job than FSU.

.FSU has won an actual, no-asterisk, no ties, non shared, "invite your friends over to watch the last college football game of the season" type of championship.

To think that the Texas A&M name carries more clout than Florida State to a high school football recruit is simply ignorant.

It sucks...because it's true.

We have a barber, they have a Natty.
TXAggie2011
AG
FSU was a women's school until after World War 2 when all the troops came back and needed school.

It shouldn't be shocking they had limited success in the 50s and 60s. They got started 50 years after the rest.
Seanzy2012
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

And yes, A&M would be a slightly better job for a new coach than FSU

We have the SEC brand.
We have better facilities.
We have a bigger stadium.
We have more money to pay assistants.

The X-factor right now is that FSU has a real coach in Jimbo.

SEC Brand has been suffering.

Facilities are a non issue.

Stadium size is an even bigger non issue.

Money is the only thing we have that can entice him. That's it. All of the other arguments mean dick to a coach.
Aggiehunter34
S
Curious, where did you see that he was going to abandon his sick son? Did you have a problem when Sumlin stuck by JFF? Last I checked, Winston was not charged with rape, so you are wrong on that front. I want a coach that supports his guys. When his starting QB punched a woman, what happened? Yes, he was kicked off immediately...now Stoops on the other hand, well we all know that fact.
. . .
Ignatius_of_Silesia
You read threads in this cesspool? Yikes. You need something to occupy your time like a wife. Doloras and I both agree that it's about time.
Electric
AG
Bayside. Here's your 5 reasons that coaches in a power 5 conference would pick FSU over A&M

1) Texas is hard to recruit against. We are in a better conference and they are still out recruiting us. Until we win a natty they will always be our daddy.
2)National recognition with recruits- ask a kid in Washington state about A&M vs Florida St
3)Easier path to playoff
4)Female cheerleaders
5)Less delusional fans that think their school is a top 5 coaching destination.

Face reality.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

When pressed further about what happens if Florida State's 2018 season follows the same path as this year, though, Thrasher didn't exactly speak in as much of an absolute fashion.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," he said. "I'm confident we're going to be good next season."
LOL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.