Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RSJ ARRESTED

54,459 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
rausr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Congrats, America is 5% of the worlds population but 25% of the worlds incarcerated population.

This is really where the bigger problem lies. 1 in 4 incarcerated people in the world reside in "the most free country on earth".

Arrested for talking **** on northgate? Are you ****ing kidding me? This country is way down the shi tter.

Memphis and PB, wondering if you could help me, because I am a little curious about this stat:
What is the source?

I just wanted to research,
and see where they got their data on China?

Or who in the Putin administration submitted the stats for Russia ?

I guess this means that Turkey and North Korea have made big strides in their human rights performance of late.
OIL&GASAG65
AG
Giving my two cents worth, based on the information that has been made public at this point I think that BOTH RSJ and the CSPD were wrong with regards to this incident. RSJ probably should have toned down his behavior when he was asked to do so AND the CSPD officer probably acted with a chip on his shoulder.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
Football players at A&M have always been getting in trouble. The difference between now and then is that the players that are getting in trouble are a lot better players.

Students in general have. It's just that it's only the football players anyone notices.
Hotard06
AG
Weird, I suggest a less severe alternative to the original guy I quoted who wanted a dismissal from the team for an arrest and I'm the one that gets jumped all over.
Owlagdad
If he had no elgiblity left, most would give a rat's azz.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Congrats, America is 5% of the worlds population but 25% of the worlds incarcerated population.

This is really where the bigger problem lies. 1 in 4 incarcerated people in the world reside in "the most free country on earth".

Arrested for talking **** on northgate? Are you ****ing kidding me? This country is way down the shi tter.

Memphis and PB, wondering if you could help me, because I am a little curious about this stat:
What is the source?

I just wanted to research,
and see where they got their data on China?

Or who in the Putin administration submitted the stats for Russia ?

I guess this means that Turkey and North Korea have made big strides in their human rights performance of late.

You honestly think any of those countries have the means to arrest and incarcerate at the rate we are? Start with google. Don't start with North Korea they have less than .5% of the worlds population. So they aren't going to move the needle much.
KW02
AG
quote:
Cops: Armed with a gun and no college degree!
Owlagdad
Need the Union rep to step in and file harassment charges.
Citizen Reign
Why are people comparing prison to the drunk tank?

This thread is f'n ignorant.

dimeboxaggie
AG
Go checkout Alex jones. He knows stuff.

AG @ HEART
http://youtu.be/v-8ZtYK9xwg

This reminded me of this Bill Burr bit start at 4:30

quote:
Stop using your own mundane experience to compare yourself to a high profile student athlete.

It's not the same. You never getting arrested is not the same as one of these kids belt in the spotlight and everyone throwing temptations at them that you have never faced.

[This message has been edited by ag @ heart (edited 4/6/2014 4:20p).]
Texpatriate
AG
Time of arrest: 02:25. Nothing good happens at 2 in the morning. Takes some longer than others to figure this out.
HansAg
AG
quote:
The avg peen size on a cspd officer has to be < 2.5 inches
strbrst777
IMO things like this and the Claiborn arrest for noise violation do not warrant suspension from games. How about a few hours of community service in this instance? Seems that would be more productive for all. Seems to me that each case should be considered on circumstances. Please, no two game suspension as a matter of athletic dept policy. Lots of ways to pay for mistakes--even dumb mistakes.
oil_fielder
AG
These guys should appreciate their real world life lesson from the cops.
Gotta learn someday somehow. Didn't learn in high school.
BBQ4Me
AG
quote:
Go checkout Alex jones. He knows stuff.

Take it to the Truther/Birther board

[This message has been edited by umichag (edited 4/6/2014 4:30p).]
oil_fielder
AG
It really takes a bit of a effort to get yourself arrested. Most everybody I know has Not managed to get themselves arrested. Seems like a good idea to let Sumlin influence these kids as early and harshly as possible.
Owlagdad
You would figure with all the previous problems, these guys would have it figured out by now.
DallasAggie0
No, it doesn't really take any effort at all with CSPD.

And he should appreciate his life lesson for getting some bull**** arrest? Are you effing kidding me?

How much of a sheep can you be
dreyOO
I'm not reading this entire thread. But I see several posts saying the cop did him a favor. Gtfo with that nonsense. A favor would have been advising him to cut the crap and head home before getting arrested.

The cops in college station are overzealous to out it kindly. I'm also putting the over/under on the cop's height as 5'7".
UrbanDecay
AG
People talking about how hard it is to get arrested are ignorant of the police state that is College Station. CSPD harasses, arrests, and fines anyone they can for whatever reason. Saying that they are serving and protecting is disingenuous. These people hide behind the law while targeting its citizens to raise revenue for my Chevrolet SUVs.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I grew up in the little old town of Houston, and have a ton of friends in law enforcement who are great people dealing with problems you don't even want to think about.

And it's harder to get arrested here than it is in CS now.

Only takes one A-hole to make a whole department look bad.
texam1
Sumlin is going to have to bar Northgate from these kids. It is getting out of hand.

Potential starting QB, WR, LB, and more. wow!
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Sumlin is going to have to bar Northgate from these kids. It is getting out of hand.

Potential starting QB, WR, LB, and more. wow!

GTFO
Texas A&M
I long for the good old days.... when players got paid to sign things, but we couldn't prove it.
Owlagdad
In the old days they all had Camaros and Firebirds and left town.
mpaggie06
AG
**** the CSPD. That's a bull**** reason to bring him downtown. Been there for even less myself.

I'm all working some sense into the dumbasses that are doing stupid **** worthy of getting arrested, but at some point this is going to start costing us commits. It's a ****ing travesty that this kind of stuff happens to any college student; and it's even more ridiculous that our school/athletic department can't work with CSPD to filter what arrests need to be made and which don't.
Owlagdad
You are right about recruiting. Coaches will sit down with mommas and tell them your kid will not get degree and might get arrested, Sumlin does not care. Plenty of fodder there, and I imagine it is already going on.
Lateralus Ag
AG
The ugly truth of all this is the fact that CS residents hate college students and think they are worthless.

They pass laws basically outlawing students in certain neighborhoods. They make sure CSPD is there if a party gets louder than their Kenny G on the stereo, and they ***** incessantly about the traffic.

Pretty much CS is full of a bunch of wannabe bourgeoisie.
micahb2002
AG
Board Certified in criminal law and I sue cops sometimes for intentional civil rights violations. Almost certainly a valid DC arrest, almost no chance of a civil rights violation and no chance of overcoming qualified immunity even if it was. 1st amendment allows you to flip off a cop or express similar disgust for them. It doesn't allow you to threaten violence or incite riotous behavior or fearful behavior, which this sounds like assuming the officer is truthful.

I agree the cop should have detained him and issued him a citation. Take him downtown as a last resort if he does not calm down and straighten up.

[This message has been edited by micahb2002 (edited 4/6/2014 5:48p).]
Manchild50
AG
This was posted on premium about RSJ.

quote:
So, I talked to someone who usually has good info for me so I tend to believe his version of what happened. Here ya go, believe it or don't.

RSJ and friends are walking and RSJ gets bumped by another guy who is walking the other way. Other guy is also drunk. Words are exchanged, cops hear it and head over to step in before it's a fight. RSJ says something along the lines of **** you, you want some of this?

Cop tells both groups to keep walking. Other drunk dude and friends get to walking. They don't want a fight esp over something as idiotic as bumping into some random dude.

RSJ's friends are ready to go. RSJ starts running his mouth to the cop about what he does and doesn't need to do.

Other guy goes home. RSJ gets a ride from CSPD because he can't keep his mouth shut.
chosin
AG
Our program is a disaster.
micahb2002
AG
POP - pissed off the poh-lice.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Our program is a disaster.

How so?
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.