Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RSJ ARRESTED

54,357 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/5/Topics/2465378

Please let him win and let that cop get suspended....

It would shut up all you cop lovers on here.
unmade bed
quote:
quote:
From front page:

"Ricky Seals-Jones is absolutely fighting these charges," Attorney Cameron Reynolds said in a press release given to TexAgs. "He had nothing to drink and was at home when a friend called him to come to Northgate to give him a ride home. Ricky went to Northgate to help his friend toward the car when someone struck him.

"When Ricky turned toward him that person cursed him and called Ricky the 'N' word. Words were exchanged and Ricky was arrested. The other individual was not arrested.

Kinda sounds like a BS story...

Ya think? Unless the guy that he bumped into was also black, I find it very unliekly a white dude at NG would drop a n bomb on a dude as big as RSJ, i dont care how drunk he was.

Dont get me wrong, im not doubting that there are racists ****s out there, even here at A&M, but most racist aholes like that are cowards by nature and would not have the balls to say something like that to RSJs face.

[This message has been edited by unmade bed (edited 4/6/2014 7:22p).]
Knightlight
His attorney helped the case against RSJ....it doesn't matter if the other person wasn't arrested...You still cannot commit the offense...the Officer had a duty to prevent any imminent assault...arresting RSJ for DOC language was just one of the charges they could have filed....DOC threats...DOC Gesture.....This is humorous and many of yall add to it. Great job by the Officer preventing a bigger incident. RSJ is a good kid, just let his temper get the better of him.
bigblackag12
AG
Unmade bed, ive been called that word from people of all sizes while at work on NG
Owlagdad
Why did RSJ not tell cop the guy called him N word instead of challenge cop?
bigblackag12
AG
And I was much bigger than most of them
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Why did RSJ not tell cop the guy called him N word instead of challenge cop?

12thmanfootball
AG
Sounds like the Police in College Station have got a Napoleon Complex.
JJxvi
AG
He didnt "challenge the cop." Nobody is even asserting that he challenged the cop. He got arrested because the cop saw him yelling at someone else after an incident the cop was too far away to see or hear. And thats from the original article, not RSJs attorney.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 4/6/2014 7:24p).]
Ian Neff
AG
If RSJ seemed really mad and then yelled "you want some" at me, I would say "no".
72jag
AG
Nobody is in control and this is what you get. Yea, blame the cops for doing their jobs when a dumbass spoiled athlete thinks he owns everybody and everything around him. Arrest them all for breaking the law. Oh wait. You dumbasses think your above the law and only the teasips can't break it.
Buck Nasty
AG
^ it'd be "no, sir."
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Nobody is in control and this is what you get. Yea, blame the cops for doing their jobs when a dumbass spoiled athlete thinks he owns everybody and everything around him. Arrest them all for breaking the law. Oh wait. You dumbasses think your above the law and only the teasips can't break it.

Are you from Texas?
MagnumLoad
Getting drunk at NG is the first problem. However, the great majority of A&M students are able to do it and not get arrested. Drunk and stupid is a bad combination. Sumlin needs to get the stupid to understand their limitations.
SRBS
Kid (dumb or not) acting like a dumb kid.
Mr. Tyler Durden
Another POP arrest, shocker. Cops need start telling guys to get in the car and go home after finding out he wasn't drinking. You guys talking about athletes having egos don't know too many cops.
JJxvi
AG
I dont think RSJ is 21. The cops did not charge him with any alcohol related charge, despite that fact, and his attorney claims he was not drinking at NG at all. So its not clear to me he was drunk.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 4/6/2014 7:36p).]
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Another POP arrest, shocker. Cops need start telling guys to get in the car and go home after finding out he wasn't drinking. You guys talking about athletes having egos don't know too many cops.

And even if he was drunk, most good guys would have let him go if he had a sober driver.
DallasAggie0
quote:

You should tell your cop buddies to go prevent real crime instead of harassing college students
Harry Stone
AG
quote:

Shut up
Column
AG
quote:
His attorney helped the case against RSJ....it doesn't matter if the other person wasn't arrested...You still cannot commit the offense...the Officer had a duty to prevent any imminent assault...arresting RSJ for DOC language was just one of the charges they could have filed....DOC threats...DOC Gesture.....This is humorous and many of yall add to it. Great job by the Officer preventing a bigger incident. RSJ is a good kid, just let his temper get the better of him.

Which icon do ya'll use for really stupid comments? I was thinking blue diamond of fail but I don't want anyone to get confused.
GE
AG
CSPD has to be one of the worst law enforcement agencies in Texas. I have several good friends in law enforcement both in Houston and other cities and counties in Texas, and College Station police are BY FAR the most aggressive, overbearing police officers I have had contact with. Got interrogated for 20 minutes one time after being pulled over for having a tag light out because I was underage and in the general vicinity of Northgate. Many of my friends were arrested while I was in college for things they would have never gotten in trouble for in Houston or Dallas.
spaceman
AG
"We all lash out sometimes"

Uh no, it's called self-control.
Kramer
AG
If the cop told both parties to leave, the other guy did and RSJ didn't, then that's on him. The cop gave him a chance to make this a non-issue.

That said, the cop should have issued a citation and let that be the end of it.
Knightlight
College Station is not Houston or Dallas.....different problems... equal different solutions.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
College Station is not Houston or Dallas.....different problems... equal different solutions.

And the problem in CS is that the city council and pd have come to be dominated by old faculty club wives and townies.
rausr
AG
Memphis I appreciate the link,
and this one is off topic and better for the politics board,
but I am not buying the "fact" as quoted by your source.

You would have us believe that your source found data from China, for example, who with almost 20% of the world's population - 4 times that of the U.S. - had that much less incarceration than we did?

Countries that are not free will not freely divulge that info.

Or do we believe that your source was able to contact the Chinese government and were directed to their "Human Rights and World Cooperation" department?
I think not.

PB you asked if I honestly thought that any of those countries had the means to arrest and incarcerate at the rate we do?
Are you kidding?
They can arrrest, incarcerate, torture, and make things happen in their secret prisons at rates that would make our heads spin.
Perhaps we shoud give Putin a call and see if he can give us the latest stats from Siberia or "down on the Gulag."

I suspected the origin and aim of this claim, and as usual these days facts are manufactured to fit the argument.
The sad thing is that most people don't have the critical thinking skills to question what is thrown up on the wall.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
The usual kevin sumlin 1 game suspension for Stephen f Austin. Maybe a&m can go a month without an arrest. On second though that be impossible.

Lots of college students have been arrested for all kinds is stuff; football players are just the ones in the spotlight.

And it probably doesn't help that some of them are black.
hillcountryag86
AG
quote:
You would have us believe that your source found data from China, for example, who with almost 20% of the world's population - 4 times that of the U.S. - had that much less incarceration than we did?

Countries that are not free will not freely divulge that info.

Or do we believe that your source was able to contact the Chinese government and were directed to their "Human Rights and World Cooperation" department?
I think not.

PB you asked if I honestly thought that any of those countries had the means to arrest and incarcerate at the rate we do?
Are you kidding?
They can arrrest, incarcerate, torture, and make things happen in their secret prisons at rates that would make our heads spin.
Perhaps we shoud give Putin a call and see if he can give us the latest stats from Siberia or "down on the Gulag."

I suspected the origin and aim of this claim, and as usual these days facts are manufactured to fit the argument.
The sad thing is that most people don't have the critical thinking skills to question what is thrown up on the wall.

How the hell did the discussion about something so minor and frivolous as a player on NG turn into something so damn esoteric with rausr's boring diatribe?

Let's get back to last night's meaningless event.
Knightlight
The townies are the ones who stay and live in the the community that so many college kids try to trash. Then just blame on it being their college years....Granted, without TAMU College Station would be a completely different community....it's a two way street though.
texagg14
AG
quote:
This is what happens when half the student population consists of racist hicks.

Ignorance
mAgnoliAg
AG
Lots of non Ag tags showing up talking ****
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
This is what happens when half the student population consists of racist hicks.

You're a moron.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
The townies are the ones who stay and live in the the community that so many college kids try to trash. Then just blame on it being their college years....Granted, without TAMU College Station would be a completely different community....it's a two way street though.

News flash. The city wouldn't exist without the college students. Moron
Ian Neff
AG
It would be called "something else station".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.