Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RSJ ARRESTED

54,347 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
Space91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From what I can read it seems like no big deal. Coach Sumlin should have him do wind sprints for 30 minutes after practice and be done with it.
T-Bone Pickens
AG
Time to hire the Tallahassee police chief. When will these guys just let boys be boys. Clearly this was just a case of someone being a little rebellion.

[This message has been edited by T-Bone Pickens (edited 4/6/2014 3:02p).]
BostonAg74
Here's my solution: Let Sumlin handle it and everyone else STFU.
Hotard06
AG
quote:
quote:
My solution would be that an arrest = automatic redshirt year. Regardless of if you've redshirted already and how much eligibility you have left.

If your out putting yourself in a situation to get arrested, then your obviously not ready to play this year.

And no transfer releases, except for seniors who would lose their last year of eligibility.

This is so dumb. You can only redshirt one time.

Your whole theory is based on being guilty until proven innocent.

Also it is you're not your.

Sorry I missed an apostrophe on my tiny phone keys.

This isn't a court of law. A coach can and should rule with an iron fist.

And you be redshirted as many times as the coaches want to. There's not an actual red shirt they out on you, they just don't play you that year. Red shorting is not an official thing it's just a term referring to not playing for the year. Players have 5 years to play 4. If they **** up and the coaches decide not to play them for 2 years they can do that.
BeveledAg
quote:
If they **** up and the coaches decide not to play them for 2 years they can do that.

This is true, but it is called a suspension not a redshirt. Redshirting is a tool to preserve eligibility
ZakAg
quote:
quote:
I've acted like a drunken fool in houston approximately 291 times. 0 arrests.

Dallas/Arlington/Fort Worth/okc... Same results.

So dumb, language? Arrested? Wow.
Gin Rummy
Nvm

[This message has been edited by Rig hand Ag (edited 4/6/2014 2:43p).]
Sex Panther
AG
Hotard you need to change your first two letters of your handle. And I think you know to what.
Citizen Reign
quote:
From what I can read it seems like no big deal. Coach Sumlin should have him do wind sprints for 30 minutes after practice and be done with it.

For both Kenny and Ricky this works for me.
BeveledAg
quote:
Hotard you need to change your first two letters of your handle. And I think you know to what.

Personal Best
AG
quote:
Congrats, America is 5% of the worlds population but 25% of the worlds incarcerated population.

This is really where the bigger problem lies. 1 in 4 incarcerated people in the world reside in "the most free country on earth".

Arrested for talking **** on northgate? Are you ****ing kidding me? This country is way down the shi tter.
texagg14
AG
Most of them are non violent drug offenders. Even better.
texagg14
AG
quote:
quote:
Congrats, America is 5% of the worlds population but 25% of the worlds incarcerated population.

This is really where the bigger problem lies. 1 in 4 incarcerated people in the world reside in "the most free country on earth".

Arrested for talking **** on northgate? Are you ****ing kidding me? This country is way down the shi tter.
jml2621
CWB: Cussin' While Black

Seriously though, Sumlin needs a talkin' to with the team.

You Stay Classy College Station.

[This message has been edited by jml2621 (edited 4/6/2014 2:48p).]
texagg14
AG
Murica these days
agcivengineer
AG
The cop did not know this was a football player acting like an idiot until he got his id, even after that he may still not have known.

So why is it so difficult to act right and make better decisions? Blame the cops, that corrects the problem...If this were my son, he would pay for it and I would thank the cop.
Trident 88
AG
I don't like bully cops any more than the next guy, but far too many people need to learn how to control their temper, shut their mouths and act like adults, even when the cops aren't around. Hopefully, this arrest does RSJ some good.
Manchild50
AG
This should be more about our players off the field decision making.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Remember when Texas players were getting arrested, and we made fun of their fans for making all sorts of excuses, like "the cops are out to get them?"

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
The cop did not know this was a football player acting like an idiot until he got his id, even after that he may still not have known.

If a kid on North Gate is 6'6", black, and built like a truck... It's a pretty safe bet to assume he's a football player.
Personal Best
AG
I think it is unacceptable that what he did was an arrestable offense. I don't care if it was a Jewish kid on the chess team. That should not be grounds for arrest. This country has an addiction to arresting people and it STARTS with the fickle street judgment the cops think they are entitled to make.
JJxvi
AG
Cops need more assault rifles, grenades, heavy trucks and military helicopters to protect us from these types of dangers.
hillcountryag86
AG
PB, why do you assume Jewish kids are good at chess?
BeveledAg
quote:

Seriously. I suck at chess
JJxvi
AG
Maybe uppity snotty kids like this will keep their heads down and walk on when faced with a storm trooper with a badge. We'll clean up our towns.
Personal Best
AG
quote:

Jews are genetically predisposed to be good at chess.
Ian Neff
AG
The cop didn't know he was a football player. Hmm, yeah, uh wait.
If you've ever seen RSJ, your first thoughts are:
1) that dude is a football player
Or..
2) that dude is an alien

Maybe that's why the cop arrested him. Because he thought he was an alien, looking for sugar water.
hillcountryag86
AG
Now that would be Saturday night entertainment watching a Jewish chess player being cuffed as he yelled at a cop, "You want a piece of me, ****er ****er?"
oldarmy1
AG
Who cares if it was a football player? It shows how stupid the CSPD is when a simple "break it up" takes care of it. But no! The keystone cops have to play tough guys and waste tax payer money processing and taking it to a judge.

CSPD needs to have an enema! Ridiculous!!
Forty Twice
AG
Due to the realites of our new America with humpteen million selectively-enforced laws to obey, we need different approaches for victim-less crimes.

If any innocent civilian can claim to be harmed by player's crime, then kick player off team.

If victim was belligerent at same time (two to tango sort of thing), then suspend player for a game.

If police allege to be victim, then accused player must find a YouTube video of a cop shooting a dog, strangling an old man to death, cavity searching ladies on side of road, or something comparable where police were not disciplined. That player can use video as a mulligan to escape punishment. No other player can use that video as a mulligan ever again.

If no victim, then player, position group, and position coach run some gassers.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
Let Sumlin handle it and everyone else STFU.

He's done well so far putting an end to the bad behavior, you're right. We should sit back and watch.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Some pvzzees on this thread obviously know absolutely nothing about Slocum's teams in the 90's and what kind of crap they got away with.

When you try to sound like you know it all....
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Pretty sure we're greatly outdoing every program but Georgia at this point.

I think Tennessee has 10. We have 3 so far this year
BostonAg74
Football players at A&M have always been getting in trouble. The difference between now and then is that the players that are getting in trouble are a lot better players.
mscibetta
AG
And to think we could have avoided this if he had just stayed inside like he said on twitter earlier last night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.