Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Instructions for bypassing the ESPN3 blackout for the SHSU game

66,649 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by AgsMyDude
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FatherOfRyan
AG
Hey, I'm outside of Texas these days and I'm just grateful I can get the game somewhere. Thanks, OP!
bigangrytexan
AG
Any chance of people with Suddenlink able to watch this game? ESPN3 says that Suddenlink isn't supported even though it says "Powered by Suddenlink" in the upper right hand corner.

If, failing that, would anyone be willing to share with me their info? I realize that's probably asking a lot...

------------------------------
But I'm really such a nice guy!

Хорошый бык
3xranger
sleepybeagle
AG
Come watch the game at my house in upstate NY.
Knut
AG
bump
T-Bone Pickens
AG
At least he is looting Heineken and not malt liquor. Looter has good taste in beer.
Red Skye
AG
I have ****ing Time Warner, internet only, so no ESPN3 for me. TWC can suck a dick.
jpc08
AG
Isn't this stealing?
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
any advice for those of us with SUDDENLINK?

yes, get any other service provider.
mshipp88
You old farts. Steal schmeel. Ain't cheatin you ain't trying. I'm watching my Ags come hell or highwater. Laws of mortals don't hold me.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
At least he is looting Heineken and not malt liquor. Looter has good taste in beer.

heineken does not go with "good taste in beer"
jnh0603
AG
First post and I approve this bump.
Drawkcab
The link in the OP shows Suddenlink carries it. I found an iPhone app called HotSpot Shield and also VPN Express. Anyone know if either of these would let me watch?
WhiteYaloo
So when we're done with all the steps, do we just go back to espn3 and find the game?
Ishmael-Ag
AG
Just visit your brother in Estes Park, Colorado and get it without the blackout with no problem. Fortunately he is also an Aggie and will watch the game with me.
reb,
AG
circumventing IP geo-location restrictions is stealing? do you know how stupid that sounds?
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
The link in the OP shows Suddenlink carries it. I found an iPhone app called HotSpot Shield and also VPN Express. Anyone know if either of these would let me watch?

I can't get EsPn3 to work at all on the iPad. Need a log in that works.
Citizen Reign
quote:
firstrow works. Always X-out of every add, even the ones that say you need such and such a program to run it. I watched several AG games via firstrow over the past couple of years. Picture quality is not always stellar. I would try the OP's option first, but then go to firstrow if no luck with OP's.

What's with people from B/CS spelling Ad, Add?
reb,
AG
I'll make an analogy that might help the olds understand what exactly is happening here.

ESPN3 is like a drive-in movie theater. You can pay to get in and that's the easiest thing to do, and you are right there seeing the movie. The movie, though, is really being shown to the world in public. You can drive out somewhere where you are still in view of the screen and watch it with a pair of binoculars no problem. Now, the theater might not like this and may send some cops or thugs out to harass you and run you off, but you aren't doing anything immoral here. At the very worst, you can be accused of being cheap by going through the trouble and not just paying for a ticket.

My friends and and I are getting the game on PPV because my buddy has a nice big TV, but I'm going to have my computer with me too and I'm going to stream the game at the same time. Why? Because **** them and their worthless IP geo-location restrictions, that's why. Controlling how the world sees your IP is your own G-D business. I suspect that some of the sentiment that this is stealing is caused by a complete lack of understanding of how things on Al Gore's internet works by pompous noobs. If the OP's instructions look like a confusing script for how to diffuse a time bomb and you think this is stealing, then that is probably you.

[This message has been edited by reb, (edited 9/6/2013 7:50p).]
reb,
AG
Hi guys, I'm in California watching Wake Forest @ Boston College!!

Immediately after my last post, I downloaded, installed and activated hotspot shield and started watching WatchESPN. It's stupid simple.

[This message has been edited by reb, (edited 9/6/2013 8:00p).]
Lateralus Ag
AG
1. Get tickets
2. Tailgate, then attend game
3. ?????
4. Profit

Ywia
Shumba
AG
So I'm assuming if I can watch the Houston vs Temple game that is "subject to blackout in my area", then I should be able to watch the A&M game, right? I just wanted to test the above method before our kick off, and so far, I am able to see the Houston game, so should I be in the clear for tonight, right? OP, thanks for the tip.
reb,
AG
most likely. where does it say you are when you click test protection?
Shumba
AG
Connecticut.
Oak Tree
AG
Thanks
caveman-economist
AG
Where did the $40 thing come from? I just looked on Comcast and it's $141!
rab79
AG
ISP doesn't have espn3, small local wireless.

firstrow sets off virus protection.

Dave South here I come.
OkinTexas
New army, you do reign. Thanks so much for the info!
moore42
AG
Downloaded app on android, IP says I'm in Saudi Arabia. I go to espn3 and it doesn't give at& t as service provider?
The Shank Ag
Firstrow is a lot easier to deal with if you download an ad-block extension for your browser.
Smash Williams
AG
Caveman, I saw the same thing. Check channel 944. It's says $39.95.
MarshallGal03
AG
im not seeing it on firstrow

edit:I found it. need to pay more attention

[This message has been edited by MarshallGal03 (edited 9/7/2013 2:25p).]
Tree Hugger
AG
I can't seem to get Hotspot to install on my laptop, it downloads, then just sits there forever with a status window saying "preparing your installation, please wait" at about 75% complete
Personal Best
AG
I followed the steps and got one game to work as a test, but now all the games I am trying are taking forever to load, and eventually I just get an error message "Internal Authorization Error"

anyone else having this issue/know how to remedy? Thanks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.