Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Instructions for bypassing the ESPN3 blackout for the SHSU game

66,652 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by AgsMyDude
T-Bone Pickens
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It's not stealing anyway because it's a bulls*** system to begin with. People outside of Texas can watch it for free. The fact that we live in Texas shouldn't make a difference. We pay our internet/cable providers fees for access to ESPN3, and they want us to pay $40 MORE to watch a game than somebody in one of the other 49 states? F*** that.

Most thieves find a way to justify their actions. Its not fair. Why should I pay for it when those a-holes in Oklahoma can watch it for free? If you were my son, I would kick you in the ass.
gomerschlep
AG
Also vipbox.tv. Have to fight through some pop-ups but once you get over that it's awesome. I watch baseball on it everyday.
Conner4real
AG
You may have to clear all cache and **** from computer for this to work. For Rockets games last year I used a program called CCleaner that would clear a bunch of useless crap and then I could run HotSpot Shield. If I didn't run CCleaner, HotSpot Shield wouldn't work.

Just a heads up.
NewArmyReigns
Oh yeah...make sure and clear all of your internet data.
wontastic
AG
quote:
So on game day if i use this proxy and then go to watchespn.com or espn3.com and find our game on the espn3 channel, i should be fine?

Just go to espn3.com (yes, I know it's the same - but just to be safe) and yes it should work.
Removed:15444557
quote:
meh, I'll pay $40 not to go through all that
This or a bar
ForeverAg
AG
So if I have DirecTV and comcast internet, I still cant access it because I get this message.

"This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. https://login.comcast.net/h/tve_unauthorized_nochannel.html"

Is there any way around this?
Frosty46
AG
Wontastic and NewArmy thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
joeenderby
AG

[This message has been edited by joeenderby (edited 9/5/2013 11:25a).]
ETFan
Haven't tried in awhile, but I'm pretty sure they don't accept suddenlink.
NewArmyReigns
quote:
So if I have DirecTV and comcast internet, I still cant access it because I get this message.

"This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. https://login.comcast.net/h/tve_unauthorized_nochannel.html"

Is there any way around this?

I have no idea why you would be getting that message if you have Comcast. Comcast is an ESPN3 affiliate.
02skiag
AG
Can anyone confirm it works on the iPhone Watch Espn app? If I use that cloak app?
Mr07Ag
Dos Tortugas
AG
Does part of the $40 we are paying for the game go to the athletic department?
Sid Farkas
AG
Looks like OP lives behind The Orange Curtain down Aliso Viejo way...not bad.
Slother93
AG
I've got Verizon FIOS, who is not carrying the PPV program. Who do I pay my money to, T-Bone?
powerbiscuit
I paid verizon fios last year and the game wouldn't come in.

Screw 'em.
fieldtrailer
AG
Frequently Ask Question yourself?
bowlinja
AG
just wanted to say thanks to newarmyreigns. I've been wondering how one could do this for some time. hopefully it works, although I'll probably go watch at a bar where i can solicit high fives from others.
Velvet Jones
AG
I wonder how staff would react to a post showing how to get "free" premium access?
Brewmaster
AG
shiite, I'll put up with firstrow's popups over that much effort
dimeboxaggie
AG
i'll either watch via free stream or goto bar and get really wasted and hit on fat chicks.

TrueAgfan
fieldtrailer
AG
Verified Dish wont offer in HD in Dallas area.
joefix93
AG
quote:
They aren't the same thing. ESPN3 is where they put games that are not broadcast on a national ESPN channel So as long as it's not on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, or ESPNU, you can watch it online on ESPN3. Lots of cable providers have ESPN3 access.

But if the game is being broadcast on an ESPN national channel, you have to have WatchESPN to watch it online. WatchESPN basically allows anything on a national ESPN channel to also be watched online. Only 5 or 6 providers have WatchESPN.

The confusion may lie in the fact that, when you type "espn3.com" into your browser, it redirects to "http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index". Off to the side of each event is a tiny logo (ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPN, etc) - if you click on any of the events that have logos OTHER THAN "ESPN3", the site will prompt you for your credentials to view "WATCHESPN". There is also a little gray "key" icon next to the event name which denotes events that require "WATCHESPN".
joefix93
AG
It seems like I remember that last season, I watched streaming games on ESPNU (without any monkey business). I think ESPN3 and ESPNU both used to stream for free. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, though.
chizadbot
AG
i guess it's technically stealing? if you wanted to be real honest you could wait til after the game. they have the replay on the watch espin site. not sure how long after the game though?
Turf_Ag2009
AG
awesome!!
PumpkinPi
You guys are fools. ESPN is going to block the specific IPs this software uses.

They have IT people that love getting bonuses for finding things like this.
JakeyBS
AG
Thanks and BUMP
Womackster
AG
quote:
You guys are fools. ESPN is going to block the specific IPs this software uses.

They have IT people that love getting bonuses for finding things like this.

You're a fool. You have no idea how the software works. Care to make a poop slap bet?
Womackster
AG
quote:
It seems like I remember that last season, I watched streaming games on ESPNU (without any monkey business). I think ESPN3 and ESPNU both used to stream for free. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, though.

They normally stream for free if you have a subscription through your cable provider, but when the game is blacked out in your area, they won't stream for free, which is what this thread is all about.
Velvet Jones
AG
Finally someone who admits he/she is a thief.
biobioprof
quote:
i guess it's technically stealing?

Careful, those ESPN reporters may still be looking for honor code stories.
AlexSAWineguy
AG
Another way to watch:

Fans eligible to purchase the event can choose to watch the game live on their home PC and/or through the official Aggie Athletics iPad app (app cost is an additional $5.99). For more information on the iPad app, visit the App Store and search “Aggie Athletics”.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.