Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Instructions for bypassing the ESPN3 blackout for the SHSU game

66,654 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by AgsMyDude
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those that say it's stealing, are you ****ing kidding me?

You must think that taking candy from the dentist's office jar is a felony as well.
Womackster
AG
quote:
Another way to watch:

Fans eligible to purchase the event can choose to watch the game live on their home PC and/or through the official Aggie Athletics iPad app (app cost is an additional $5.99). For more information on the iPad app, visit the App Store and search “Aggie Athletics”.

How do you watch on your PC from Aggie Athletics?
Slother93
AG
quote:
Another way to watch:

Fans eligible to purchase the event can choose to watch the game live on their home PC and/or through the official Aggie Athletics iPad app (app cost is an additional $5.99). For more information on the iPad app, visit the App Store and search “Aggie Athletics”.

Negative. You still can't watch this if you are in Texas. The following is taken directly from the website (you have to start the order process to see this):

quote:
(2) Due to conference/media regulations, this PPV is not available in Texas. It is only available within a 20 mile radius of the following ZIP codes:

And the zip codes are for the select counties in surrounding states that are in the PPV footprint (northwest LA, southern central OK, etc.).

Let me state this one more time for the thick headed among us: I CAN'T BUY THIS PPV ANYWHERE!

If I can't buy a thing, how can it be stealing?
T-Bone Pickens
AG
quote:
For those that say it's stealing, are you ****ing kidding me?

You must think that taking candy from the dentist's office jar is a felony as well.

If there is a sign on the jar saying the candy is 49.95 per piece and you take it without paying for it, then yes its stealing.
T-Bone Pickens
AG
quote:
Let me state this one more time for the thick headed among us: I CAN'T BUY THIS PPV ANYWHERE!

If I can't buy a thing, how can it be stealing?

Its stealing. You will likely go to hell for this. Don't do it man. Don't break the code.
Slother93
AG
If I dress up as A.J.'s dad and sneak into A.J.'s mom's room at night to have a quickie, is it cheating or lying?
Crew92Ag
AG
Why don't a bunch of the good Ags living outside of Texas offer to host some net meetings so we can just watch it on your screen?
T-Bone Pickens
AG
No that would be okay. I would hit it, over and over again, and then plead nonguilty on the grounds of temporary insanity due to her gorgeousness.
booradley
AG
any advice for those of us with SUDDENLINK?

i think i need someone's login and password to ESPN3...
Slother93
AG
quote:
Its stealing. You will likely go to hell for this. Don't do it man. Don't break the code.

If I post a video of me burning $40 on YouTube and link to it here, is it still stealing?
Slother93
AG
quote:
No that would be okay. I would hit it, over and over again, and then plead nonguilty on the grounds of temporary insanity due to her gorgeousness.

We see eye to eye on this one!
T-Bone Pickens
AG
No that would be stupid. Use the $40 to buy a bunch of beer, get drunk, watch it online and then say you were drunk and didn't know any better.
Slother93
AG
quote:
No that would be stupid. Use the $40 to buy a bunch of beer, get drunk, watch it online and then say you were drunk and didn't know any better.

Now we're getting somewhere!
borrego29
T-Bone Pickens
AG
Alcohol is the cause of 99% of my honor code violations. And then I'm Catholic, so all I do is go to confession and problem solved. Suck on that Protestants.
fooz
InnerCityAg
Wow look at old army stealing. Sh*t, this is more like looting.

Throw the TV through the store window and grab all the shoes too.
Slother93
AG
Where's Mark May when you need him?!?!?

We got a riot needin' incitin'!
AlexSAWineguy
AG
Slother93:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another way to watch:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Negative. You still can't watch this if you are in Texas. The following is taken directly from the website (you have to start the order process to see this):

quote:
(2) Due to conference/media regulations, this PPV is not available in Texas. It is only available within a 20 mile radius of the following ZIP codes:

Thanks for the update. Bummer, I was hoping for a workaround.

[This message has been edited by AlexSAWineguy (edited 9/5/2013 3:11p).]
MaroonDynasty
Thanks OP.
Rudyjax
AG
Watch listed.
Jim Benson 63
AG
OR, you could just go to the watch party at your local A&M club, which is what I am going to do.
YouBet
AG
This is all so confusing. Aggie Athletics says the game will be televised by Fox Sports SW throughout Texas at 2:30.

It's not in my DTV guide at that time but it is showing at 6 pm on channel 791 on DTV which is apparently an ESPN Game Plan channel.

So is it blacked out or not? Ill pay whatever. Jesus.
Rudyjax
AG
Espn3 doesn't work on an iPad if you're not a subscriber of a select group of companies.
Slother93
AG
Bottom line:

a) If you have access to a PPV provider, pay them $40. PPV Providers List

b) If you don't have access to a PPV provider AND you are a subscriber to a company that gives you access to ESPN3 AND you live in Texas (or certain surrounding counties in LA, OK, NM, and AR), you will have to use a proxy to watch ESPN3.

c) If you are a subscriber to a company that gives you access to ESPN3 AND you DON'T live in Texas (or certain surrounding counties in LA, OK, NM, and AR), you will NOT need to use a proxy to watch ESPN3, nor will you need to buy the PPV.

d) If you DON'T live in Texas, but DO live in certain surrounding counties in LA, OK, NM, and AR, you can buy the PPV at 12thManTV.

[This message has been edited by Slother93 (edited 9/5/2013 6:29p).]
Token
AG
TTT

Thank you OP. Glad it works on Mac
Bose Ikard
Your service provider also has to allow remote access. Not all do.
InnerCityAg
InnerCityAg
InnerCityAg
InnerCityAg
InnerCityAg
InnerCityAg
InnerCityAg
InnerCityAg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.