Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Four versions of the Texas A&M logo inside the state silhouette...

141,226 Views | 238 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by monarch
Old Main
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brick Tamland,

Scotch bumped up a post I started in September of 2011. Where did I say that I had the idea for it? I did not coin the term Bevel Huggers. I think rocky the dog did. Anyway, if you look at all of the abuse I have taken on the Bevel Letter thread the term Bevel Huggers seems rather tame in comparison.

quote:
Then stop saying you had the ideas for it.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/16/2013 10:12p).]
Brick Tamland
That was in reference to the SEC and Military Walk. They have nothing to do with your argument against the bevel.
Old Main
AG
Then why post your complaints about Military Walk and the SEC on a thread about the aTm - State of Texas logo thread?

Brick,

I never said that I had the ideas for restoring Military Walk and taking A&M to the SEC. All is said was that in two noteworthy examples I had good instincts about what was good for A&M. Why do you Bevel Huggers keep lying about this? Below are two paragraphs from the Bevel Letter. You might want to read this sentence several times if you have reading comprehension problems.

"Again, I can’t take any credit for the restoration of Military Walk, but at least we had the right idea back in 1995."

quote:
In two noteworthy examples I have had very good instincts about what is good for Texas A&M and what isn’t. Back in June of 2010 when it looked as if Texas A&M was going to be stuck in the Big 12 I knew that this wasn’t the best long-term decision for A&M. As a former student and a fan I wasn’t sure what I could do to start a grass roots campaign to support the idea of Texas A&M joining the SEC. After giving it some thought, starting in November of 2010, I made 6,000 SECede bumper stickers that I sent free of charge to Aggies everywhere who were in favor of the SEC.

In 1994-1995, when I was in graduate school, I started an organization called Old Main Society. On April 3rd 1995 we had a meeting exploring the idea of restoring Military Walk. I’m not sure anyone else was discussing the restoration of Military Walk back in the mid-1990s. As we all know, eventually Military Walk was restored in 2009-2010. Again, I can’t take any credit for the restoration of Military Walk, but at least we had the right idea back in 1995.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/16/2013 10:41p).]
Brick Tamland
quote:
..but we did have the right idea for it..

I rest my case. Have fun crusading against stuff you have no control over.
Brick Tamland
And just because you had "instincts" about "what was good for A&M" doesn't make your opinion worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.

I promise the administration doesn't listen to "Old Main" on TexAgs, or anyone else for that matter on here. I promise you we will see the beveling of the helmet before we see the elimination of the bevel. This is just as bad as someone, not you, on the thread about the new uniforms saying that Cook beveled the numbers to troll TexAgs.
12th Ag
AG
How about an "A&M" inside the state outline without the "T". This simplifies things. The state outline indicates we own Texas, so the T is redundant. If we are "really" known as a national brand, we will just be known as "A&M". No need to put "Texas" in front of it,
STX Ag
AG
Nvm, don't wanna be the next alois. But 12th ag is an idiot.

[This message has been edited by STX Ag (edited 6/16/2013 10:31p).]
12th Ag
AG
quote:
Nvm, don't wanna be the next alois. But 12th ag is an idiot.

[This message has been edited by STX Ag (edited 6/16/2013 10:31p).]

Here we go again. Insult the person and refuse to discuss the issue because you can't discuss the issue because you don't know what to say.
12th Ag
AG
Notre Dame is located in Indiana. Are they known as "Indiana Notre Dame" or "Notre Dame"?
DaveRockAg
12th Ag
AG
Are we "really" worried about being confused with some other A&M in the United States? Sure, there are others, but when someone says "A&M", you know they are referring to us.
12th Ag
AG
If we truly have a national brand, when anyone in the U.S. hears the name "A&M", they will know it is referring to THE A&M.
12th Ag
AG
Our goal should not be to own Texas. Our goal should be to own "the world".
PatAg
AG
Lol, he "professionally" created these?
Personal Best
AG
quote:
Notre Dame is located in Indiana. Are they known as "Indiana Notre Dame" or "Notre Dame"?

You do know that we are called Texas A&M University, right? Like, not just casually by football fans, like, it's an official name, including the Texas part. Notre dame is not Indiana notre dame. Beginning to see the difference?

I can't believe how ****ing personal insult stupid you make yourself look. You have an uncanny way of taking an insignificant comment into one of ten irrelevant directions.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:

My God
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
12th Ag

mAgnoliAg
AG
No response to you is necessary, but I will tell you in this case why you are such an idiot. Notre Dame is private. Indiana I believe is public. Texas A&M is public. I'm gonna choose to not respond to the rest
Crawdaddy
AG
quote:
Notre Dame is private. Indiana I believe is public. Texas A&M is public. I'm gonna choose to not respond to the rest

Not sure what your point is. USC is a private school.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Notre Dame is private. Indiana I believe is public. Texas A&M is public. I'm gonna choose to not respond to the rest

Not sure what your point is. USC is a private school.

Yes but it's some sort of reasoning as to why we have Texas in front but really as PB said, no explanation is necessary because it's who we are. Disregard my post everyone. Thanks crawdaddy.

Edit: 12th Ag your posts have no logical basis, therefore cannot be logically argued. After the first time you said that more than half of Ags everywhere hate the bevel than either like it or are indifferent, I realized that there is no reason arguing with you

[This message has been edited by mAgnoliAg (edited 6/17/2013 1:32a).]
Crawdaddy
AG
Word
the character spagett
Brick Tamland
quote:
Lol, he "professionally" created these?
12thGauge
Bump, BTHO bevel
Burn-It
AG
Old Main
Are these images available in high resolution, vector format without the photobucket tag? If so, can you PM me or send me information on how to contact your buddy that created these?
AKA 13-0
JJxvi
AG
Im still amazed anybody actually thinks those look good.
TyperWoods
Then you're easily amazed.
Lateralus Ag
AG
There is a lot of stupid on this thread.
philevans
AG
I like to ponder logos,
keep working on variations,
still wear my wrecking crew hat.
TXlic GIGM61
monarch
S
I like either of the first four. HOWEVER, I REALLY LIKE the state outline with a&m in the center. PLUS, I also like TEXAS AGGIES.
Peace for Ukraine!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.