Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chicken Ranch: 3 dollar hookers?

45,537 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by etexorange
EVA3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
A longtime TexAgger has been doing some research into the C.R:

http://www.jaymeblaschke.com/ChickenRanchProject.html
texasaggie2004
AG
I ran into the owner of the Chicken Ranch a few years ago and had has a very enlighting take on why he was shut down. The owner lived on a boat in Surfside, TX, The African Queen, and looked like a very salty Willie Nelson.

He claimed that Marvin Zindler wanted young boys and got upset when he refused to have anything but women at the Ranch. Marvin kept threatening to expose him and he still refused to have young boys out at the ranch for Marvin's pleasure. After awhile eventually Marvin decided to expose the Ranch as a ***** house. All the while Marvin was made to look like this great investigative reporter, he really was no more than a pedofile according to the owner.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
It was a damn shame when it closed. The Chicken Ranch was a Texas institution. My dad always told me that "many young women worked their way through college" there in the late 40s and early 50s.
goofenround
AG
My O My, the memories...CR and Sealy, just surprised that no one has mentioned "Gracies" in Brenham..that was one that ended up taking a long-time political guy down. Knew him as Gus..

Class '72
TXAGBQ76
AG
you can still see the remains of the little hotel in Sealy beside I-10 where the other "entertainment" site was
Tantal
My grandfather always told me he'd rather have a daughter in a hoarhouse than a son in the University of Texas.
Ag_EE
AG
Rumour spreadin' a-'round in that Texas town
'bout that shack outside La Grange
and you know what I'm talkin' about.
Tantal
They gotta lot of nice girls.....
jagvocate
AG
quote:
Easy money was to hold a Sealy trip raffle. 100 tickets, 1 cent to $1. Takes in $50. Transportation and a $5 lay for the winner. Always a sell out.

Brilliant.

Larry S Ross
AG
In 70 it was $12 a the ranch and $10 at Sealy as I recall. I was not impressed with either as I grew up on border and $1.50 - $3 at that time would get you any girl you wanted. The girls in La Grange were the don't touch my hair types.
GusMcRae
Somewhat on the topic,,,, and I know a thing or two about hoars,,, right Lori darlin????

Anyway, I saw a documentary on the history channel a few years ago, I think it was called "War and Sex",,, and the main thing I remember about it was the establishments in Pearl Harbor.

One hooker would work 3 rooms at a time. There was a line wrapped around the block, and each man only got 3 minutes in the room,,, thus the term some of you may have heard "3 minute man". Poor young bastages were so deprived that they'd spew in heartbeat, so 3 minutes in the room was no problem.
A hooker would turn literally hundreds of tricks a day.
At one point the establishment tried to go up to $5.00 and the General went there and told them his boys couldn't afford that, and basically talked them back down to $3.00.
It was a very interesting documentary.
aggiebones
AG
I heard after the A&M/tu games if A&M won, they made alot more money but the girls were worn out.
When tu won, they just went there drank and F'ed each other.

OK, I made that up, but had to contribute something to this wonderful thread.
GusMcRae
"Three minute men" were patrons of a quasi-legal prostitution industry north of Hotel Street near Honolulu Harbor from December 1941 to September 1944 (World War II). After martial law was declared in Honolulu, local police corruption and regulations were superseded, and a price of three dollars was set by military authorities. To satisfy an immense demand, men were kept in a "bullpen" of three or more rooms, permitting men to dress and undress in assembly-line fashion, while each received only three minutes of personal attention. The practice may have been initiated by Jean O'Hara.

It's been a hell of a party Woodrow!
HBCanine08
AG
Times sure have changed...makes me wonder about where we'll be in 15 or 20 years.
USDA AG
I saw the same thing Gus. Some of those women became wealthy.

My connection to the CR was that back in the day I lived in the area, and in school I had a girlfriend and her mom and stepdad were both high school English teachers. They met each other...yep at the CR. A few years after I moved out of the area he caught her in bed with one of her students.
Tantal
quote:
Times sure have changed...makes me wonder about where we'll be in 15 or 20 years.

Apple will create a Hoar App. for the iPhone.

agnatgas
AG
Updated link:

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/ysc01
Jim Benson 63
AG
I remember Nezzies and I also remember "the Wreck" (of the Hesperus) located around 6 and 21.

Were these two the same place, just at different times, or were they two different places?
BoozerRed78
AG
Had the pleasure of going to the Chicken Ranch in early December 1973, my senior year in high school.

Had the displeasure of being met at the door by a large black lady who said, "sorry boys, ol' Marvin done shut us down."
mclarenman
Some awesome stories on here. Never thought I'd learn so much from texags...
cobra c 74
it was in LaGrange or real close to it.

Please call me 913 645 3934 so we can get straight why I can not access and what you need from me to make this happern
LillyBiucci
AG
has anybody ever heard this saying regarding the chicken ranch? "fever in the bunkhouse, run hoars run"
Bullmoose
AG
quote:
There was a shack out by the race track in the late 70's to early 80's called "Lady T's". It was a "massage parlor". The talk was that it was a latter day version of the CR. I saw old Lady T once and she was skanky to the max.

Had a roommate that would go to Lady T's in the 70's because they would take a check.
Jake Horn
I haven't posted on TexAgs in probably 5 years. I lurk like I was doing today.

FWIW, oldoldag was my father. He passed away on April 10, 2010
Texas Tea
AG
Sorry to hear that, Foghorn. He seemed like quite a character. I wish we had more like him around these days.
Aggie1
AG
Sorry to hear that FogHorn...
Peace.

The "current" Chicken Ranch is in Monsheim, Germany between Ramstein and Maintz - half a fried chicken and German potatos for 4 marks.

'ole Rover's handle is: "Somewhere in Kenya there is a village looking for its idiot"...

(Just to follow through on Fast Fred...)

Anyone know where Bill Lavender '64 - marketing major is?? He can tell you all the finer details of cost and product at each of Sealy, LaGrange, and the Valley...

Residential
1112 Lark Avenue

McAllen, TX 78504-3213

Business
President and CEO
Texas Walco Investments, L.L.C.
P.O. Box 3505
McAllen, TX 78502-3505

Phone
home: (956) 867-0130

work: (956) 687-9521

AAAAAAAAAAg - Air Force Aggie Architect & Administrator from Amarillo, Altus, Austin, Arabia, Arkansas, Africa, Seoul, & now Amman, Jordan '65, '69, '73
"The most potent weapon against basic human decency, in the armamentarium of pure evil, is the self-imposed ignorance and moral decay of the people themselves."

[This message has been edited by Aggie1 (edited 2/8/2012 11:38p).]
jagvocate
AG
Did you just put up contact info for an expert in *****s?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
wtf?
EVA3
CanyonAg77
AG
So on a side note, Marvin Zindler closed the Chicken Ranch down right before I got to Aggieland, in August 1973. Later that fall the Ags went to Rice for the football game and Corps Trip.

Students of Aggie history recall that the Rice Band (MOB) formed a Block T to mock the Aggie Band, put on weird hats, including several WWII-era Nazi helmets, and Goose-stepped down the field after stepping off to an intentionally bad version of "Recall".

It darn near caused a riot, and we BQs were prepared to play The Star Spangled Banner if necessary to quell it, as was done in Baylor in 1924. Several cadets and other students stayed after the game, causing the Rice MOB to be removed from the stadium in food trucks under police protection.

Lost in the uproar over that part of the halftime was an earlier part of the show. The MOB stood and played some number while the featured twirler performed....Marvin Zindler.

The guy shut down the Chicken Ranch and twirled at a football game. That and his hair, is there any doubt of his sexual orientation?

In any case the horselaugh, boos and general derisive yelling from the Aggie side of the field was deafening. And funny.
Vulture61
AG
By the late 50's and early 60's the price had gone up to $5.00.
aggiebones
AG
Sorry to here about oldoldag. My Dad passed this April, a year after yours. Never good to lose Dads, no matter hold old they are.

BTW Foghorn, what class was he?
Aggie1
AG
Yep. Lavender was an "ex-pert"
who?mikejones
AG
ttt

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.