Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Howdy!

60,199 Views | 468 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Palooza11
The Real Maroon Blood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry I missed that booth at Coaching School. Gig 'Em Coach!
wtr1975
AG
quote:
I'll always remember that 42-10 thrashing of t.u., I think it was your 42nd birthday?

Kyle was deafening that day, and the cotton flew like rain.

It was his 42nd BD -- Best Game Ever -- Next to '67 win over t.u. followed by Cotton Bowl win over Alabama. You could hear the pent up emotion of 20 years without a trip to the Cotton Bowl as the cotton rained through the air. It was also the start of an era of great goal line stands! Simply incredible!

[This message has been edited by wtr1975 (edited 7/30/2008 11:39p).]
agz win
AG
Coach, Please help us get the singing of The Spirit moved back to just before kickoff! Talk to Coach Sherman and Bill Byrne.
Spirit of Aggieland
Diamond Geezer
I just wanted to say thanks for all of the great football memories of my youth. My dad took me to a game and got me a 12th Man towel to wave, guys like Johnny Holland cleaned up on the field, and the excitement was incredible. From that day forward I was an Aggie.

I also want to say that I miss your Big XII radio show. You guys did a good job on that.

Kramer
Spirit of Aggieland
Spirit of Aggieland
Marooner2.0
A coach tag? Get real. He needs an ultimate bad ass tag!
BDTF95
the only page to post props to Coach Sherrill on is the 12th! Knew it would make it this far and glad I didn't miss it. Welcome aboard Coach!!! Damn glad to have your perspective on the upcoming season.
ikema
AG
Gig-em Coach!
Coach Tag earned.
kjaneway
AG
Page 12!
Texas Aggie Lawyer
Jackie Wayne

saber69
AG
Thank You for Voting
Thank you for submitting your vote to TexAgs.com

Currently, your vote is the 3 vote in support of this message.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Thanks for everything.
Thread Sinker
400th reply!

[This message has been edited by blueag09 (edited 8/1/2008 5:47p).]
Aggie Spirit
Justin2010
Texaggie7nine
I always figured Coach Sherill as a General Board man.

3rd Platoon
AG
We love you, Jackie!
Longstreet
Damn! How did I miss this? At least I got in on page 12!

Howdy Coach! Great to see you here.

Not much I can add to what has already been said, but I'll tell you this much. I'm not a Former Student, but have developed over the years into a rabid fan. When folks ask me why I always tell them "It's Jackie Sherrills' fault". If the inquiring mind happens to be a Longhorn fan, the reaction is often the sort of thing one would see watching someone bite into an apple and finding half a worm!

Blessings to you and yours. Can't wait to read the book.

[This message has been edited by Longstreet (edited 8/2/2008 7:58a).]
Charlie Moran
AG
Proud to be on the 12th page. This man saved Aggie football otherwise we might be coogar high or worse.
Curios Ag
Two-Bucks
AG
Was glad to be on campus back then!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Heady Lamarr
Two-Bucks
AG
12th page.... cool...

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Heady Lamarr
CaptainWoodrowFCall
AG
Jackie, years ago, we were playing golf at the Four Seasons in Dallas and John David had a friend of mine in his group. He was amazed at how far my friend could drive the ball. After the round was over and we were eating lunch, you and John David got to talking about it he basically challenged you to out drive my friend. So all of us went back to #18 and you and my friend each hit several balls to see who was the king of the long drive. I'm not going to reveal the winner here again but it was quite a finish to a great day. All I remember was after the match, I remember one of you claiming the winner had actually hit a sprinkler head on the fly which gave one of you an extra 15 yards and the victory. I can tell everyone that you were every bit as competitive on the golf course as you were on the football field. I hope those days return to us under Mike.
Rx2001
AG
Coach Sherrill,
As a child, I was just beginning to follow/understand Aggie football in the mid-late 80's. Growing up in Austin, I collected all the next day Aggie scores from the A&M-tu games from the Austin American Statesman. Thank you for making my childhood a great one
billedr
Jackie - thanks for everything you did to put A&M football back on the map. You made it happen.
Cutman
WestTxAgFan

Ags Win With Class
Trent Cox
AG
Pg. 12 Whoop!!
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
quote:
agz win

Coach, Please help us get the singing of The Spirit moved back to just before kickoff! Talk to Coach Sherman and Bill Byrne.

X2!!
Rocky Rider
AG
Howdy coach! Thanks for getting the Ags back into the national spotlight. Many of my best A&M football memories were during your tenure at A&M.
TexAggie1987
Page 12
Gator92
AG
August 1988 first week of school.

A black Lincoln Town Car rolled up to me and my fish buddies on zip strip. We were on our way to Spence Park for some flag football practice.

The window rolled down and you said,

quote:
You boys better come and try-out for the 12th Man!

Thanks for everything Coach!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.