Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

White Gold Aggie Ring

107,741 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgPediRPh
Gigemags382
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure the people from 4-9 years ago appreciate your prompt info. I expect to see them here shortly singing your praises.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Tacky and classless.
I would just laugh at him and tell him he tried too hard.
This isn't high school. Save up and get a real ring, you loser.
Aggie Infantry
Aggie Infantry
AG
https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/configure/

chipotle
No platinum? No thanks.

/texag$
Synopsis
I like the look of white gold. However, I'm not an Aggie and I don't know how that scheme would look with your ring design and overall look.
Synopsis
Aggie Infantry said:

https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/configure/

Those are some really nice looking rings.
Joe Exotic
AG
I want a green LED in the shield
annie88
AG
texaggie2009 said:

I met a guy today with a white gold Aggie ring. Awesome guy, but wasn't a fan of the silver look of the ring. I didn't even think they would allow such a thing due to the break in uniformity of the rings appearance. Thoughts?
Some are allergic to gold. They should still get the ring.
annie88
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

Tacky and classless.
I would just laugh at him and tell him he tried too hard.
This isn't high school. Save up and get a real ring, you loser.
Some are allergic to gold.
aeon-ag
Jobu7282 said:

It's a shame but lets face it, Old Army is dead and the traditions are going out the windows bit by bit. It's a real shame.
So true, thank you for posting! I don't know what to call these new entitled brats. They've tunred A&M to t.u. on the Brazos. BTW-that could have been a stainless steel ring, the ring office offers those also. Antiqued rings are Ol' Army. Also, I wear mine on my left hand, I don't belong to a secret A&M society like some of these entitled idiots seem to believe.
aggie_fan13
AG
Antique is for lame o's and engineers
SBDavis87
AG
moving into a new house 4 years ago here in Davie, FL one of the moving crew stole my 87 class ring from the dresser top before i knew it happened....

haven't been able to wear one since so be thankfull if you've got any type ......
Joe Exotic
AG
azulAg said:

Antique is for lame o's and engineers

Well it was pretty much the only option from 1938 to the mid-70s so there's a lot "lame-o's and engineers" sporting antique rings out there.
aggie_fan13
AG
correct
A Net Full of Jello
AG
I really like the antique on men's rings. That's what my husband has and it really makes the star, shield, saber, cannon, and rifle stand out. Then again, he's an engineer so maybe he is just reinforcing some random stereotype.

I could swear rose gold was an option when I was ordering my ring back in '05. Maybe not, though. In any case, I'm more bothered by the large diamonds that cover up the shield than I am about what kind of metal the ring is made out of. In any case, I figure it is their ring to do with as they wish. It just won't be as obvious to other Ags that it is, in fact, and Aggie ring.
Showstopper
AG
Holy crap rings got expensive! In the 90's we may not have had cell phones but at least our rings were cheap as hell. And we were still good at football. 90's forever, suck it new army.
RDH80
AG
I got rose gold in '83
Class of 65
AG
My ring cost $75. How much did your ring cost?
Yellowflag
AG
Braxton.Sherrill said:

Wear your white gold ring for two years and magic it becomes yellow gold.

The white of white gold is a plating not actual gold.
WRONG! I ordered my 10k white gold ring in 1986, and 32 years later it's still as white as it was the day I got it and worn every day since.
I ordered it in WG because I have personally never cared for gold color anything....watches, necklaces, rings, etc...even in the 1980's.
My wife had a diamond put in my shield, and it really pops. It has also generated a ton of conversation in meetings with other Aggies over the years.
S.A. Aggie
AG
OP, Sounds like dimorphic phenotypic difference.
Wildman15
AG
Always amazed at the threads that get locked or deleted, yet this one remains 10 years later. A thread about rings on the football board!!!! You would be crucified today if you tried starting this thread
altonsteph
Mine is '66, last year for "College". Beautiful ring, but my wife had a diamond put in the shield for 'Xmas '72. I could never utter the words, Oh No! Last year for the previous design was '34. I found a '34 on internet and bought it. Tried to give it to A&M but they didn't even reply to me. Had it resized, and wear it from time to time. Beautifully smoothed.. I'm told it's sacrilege for me to do that. Not so, folks. Not so.
yell_on_6th st
AG
altonsteph said:

Mine is '66, last year for "College". Beautiful ring, but my wife had a diamond put in the shield for 'Xmas '72. I could never utter the words, Oh No! Last year for the previous design was '34. I found a '34 on internet and bought it. Tried to give it to A&M but they didn't even reply to me. Had it resized, and wear it from time to time. Beautifully smoothed.. I'm told it's sacrilege for me to do that. Not so, folks. Not so.

Don't ever change off season! So Texags...
annie88
AG
tamuags08 said:

From what I've heard, you can still order them, they just don't put them on the order form because most of us think they are an abomination.
There are a very few people that are allergic to gold too.
Seamaster
AG
I don't know what's worse.

White gold or diamond in the middle.

Any dude that has a diamond on his Aggie ring is clearly somebody to be suspicious of being a spy.
A is A
AG
I was told (from family growing up in the 90s, and just from old ags) that they added their later in life to signal a significant event. (i.e. going back for a doctorate/masters, or reaching a certain equity amount or earned amount).

I dont like the diamond on seniors or fresh former students, but my my uncle has one and it looks nice next to his swc championship and cotton bowl rings
JustisWalkert
AG
I have a ring crest tie clip in white gold. Looks pretty good. But my class ring is regular gold.
ABATTBQ11
AG
JustisWalkert said:

I have a ring crest tie clip in white gold. Looks pretty good. But my class ring is regular gold.

Why would you do that? They'll never go together.
JustisWalkert
AG
My lack of fashion sense just proves that I am not gay
Aggie521
AG
Wife and I both have white gold antiqued. We like to be different.
gocobra
AG
Got mine for a little under $400. 14k Yellow gold My my but prices have gone up.
Lateralus Ag
AG
I like Aggie Rings. They represent a goal that has been reached by hard work and discipline.

I don't care what color it is or what finish it has.

Thanks and Gig em.
Lateralus Ag
AG
gocobra said:

Got mine for a little under $400. 14k Yellow gold My my but prices have gone up.

Yes, it's called inflation. And you're old.

But the actual value of gold hasn't really changed. $20 gold piece in say 1900 could buy a very nice (but not the nicest) suit for a man.

$20 gold piece has just under an ounce of gold.

An ounce of gold is worth about $1,600. For $1,600 you can buy a very nice suit for a man today.

The value of gold is basically the same.

Hullabaloonatic

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.