Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

White Gold Aggie Ring

107,719 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgPediRPh
texaggie2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I met a guy today with a white gold Aggie ring. Awesome guy, but wasn't a fan of the silver look of the ring. I didn't even think they would allow such a thing due to the break in uniformity of the rings appearance. Thoughts?
Jobu7282
It's a shame but lets face it, Old Army is dead and the traditions are going out the windows bit by bit. It's a real shame.
GoneGirl
AG
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn...

They've offered them for years.
wsteed311
AG
Yeah I know tons of people that have them....I actually think they look good!

[This message has been edited by wsteed311 (edited 4/8/2008 12:11a).]
texaggie2009
sorry....I never knew they were offered in white gold until today.
wsteed311
AG
You can also get them in silver, good for those who maybe can't afford the gold.
texaggie2009
Mind blowing. Is this common? The pricing and styles on the website only show yellow gold.

http://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/prices.aspx?rt=1
The Newbish Enigma
AG
Does anyone know the final day I can apply to get my ring in Sept?
tamuags08
AG
From what I've heard, you can still order them, they just don't put them on the order form because most of us think they are an abomination.
tamuags08
AG
Ray: I got mine last September, and I had to wait until the end of that previous spring in order to submit a ring audit. I paid for my ring around mid June I believe.
AggieSureShot
AG
some people due to religion can't wear gold. atleast that is what i have heard. you can order them but they only allow them in certain situations. of course this is all hearsay. i overheard this same conversation outside of my tech writing class and thought it was interesting.
Louis Armstrong
I've got mind in white gold. For my personal opinion, gold rings remind me of the 80's and / or mobsters with pinky rings.
TMoney2007
AG
The sterling option is partly offered because of the qatar campus.

PS, who cares?
AggieSureShot
AG
apparently a few people do
tex_mcgee
I love how you think that just because somebody likes something different than you that they should go attend another school...that to me is more "unaggie" than any white ring...Its still an Aggie ring dude...just sucks for them that 99% of everybody else thinks its ugly
txag2k
AG
Saw one today and it looked like a high school ring.
AggieSureShot
AG
i wasn't going to say anything but how is this aggie football related.
Randy03
AG
I know a Muslim who was in the Corps, he got a white gold one because his family wouldnt have approved of a yellow gold ring.

He wasnt all religious but there are still some places in the world where you are taught to respect your parents.
SwampFox
atrocious
SwampFox
quote:
He wasnt all religious but there are still some places in the world where you are taught to respect your parents.

Yeah the middle east - great place.
captain angry
AG
Huh
cowboyjb
some of us wear white gold wedding rings so there is not much choice.
BBAg74
AG
Some folks, myself included, like the look of white gold and silver better than yellow gold. When I got my ring in '74 the white gold one was more expensive than the more traditional yellow gold one. It was simply a matter of taste, not a slam at anything Aggie. FYI, gold prices took a monumental hike soon after and selenium (sp?) became the material rings were made out of for a while.
gctxag
AG

the one on the left appears to be rather light, is it just the camera or something else?
FarmerJohn
AG
That's just the camera. I have natural and the gold sections are the same color as the other.
Harry Dunne
My least favorite thing about Aggies is the way that many of them are so opposed to any other Aggies doing things differently than they themselves had. I personally have the antiqued yellow gold ring because (to me at, at least) much of the point of having the ring is so that others can identify it...and yes, the white gold/silver would not look like an Aggie ring at first glance.

Other than that, I really have no problem with someone getting it (or not getting an Aggie ring at all, for whatever reason). It's not like it's a sin or anti-Aggie to have different taste. A lot of people think that those not in the Corps are not "real Aggies" and that is ridiculous...nearly as ridiculous as some of these ring comments being made!
Hawk2007
quote:
the one on the left appears to be rather light, is it just the camera or something else?

Yup. That's the standard non-antiqued Aggie Ring.
FarmerJohn
AG
Oh, and there is a muslim prohibition against wearing gold. I remember reading that Hakeem Olajuwon got a platinum NBA championship ring.

As for matching rings, one of the best stories I've heard is that an old Aggie went old school and would wear his Aggie ring on his left hand. When he got married, he brazed his wedding band to his Aggie ring. His wife said, "That's sweet because I know he will never take his Aggie ring off."
Tamu12
AG
my brother in law got his white gold ring in 98, its been around for a while
ssolari94
phoenix491
AG
My wife has an antiqued white gold ring, and it looks really nice ... hers is the only one I've seen, though. I think it would be a bit much on a guy's ring (because of the size), but seriously, who cares?
Bowlinag
AG
Really who cares. At least the guy is still wearing his. I know a couple guys who stoped wearing theres because they hate the, "Are you and Aggie question?"

[This message has been edited by Bowlinag (edited 4/8/2008 10:51a).]
rke82
AG
^^

The correct response to that question is any one of the following or a combination thereof:
1. Damn straight
2. Hell yes
3. Till the day that I die
Mugsy01
AG
White gold is better than the "New Army" version they recently made available by special request.

FTAggies
i say let them have a white gold, if that's what they want sure, BUT IT'LL BE A LOT HARDER TO RECOGNIZE, which i think is pretty much a large point to the regular gold. don't skew someone for their religious beliefs

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.