Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

White Gold Aggie Ring

107,730 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgPediRPh
AggieBax00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Saw one today and it looked like a high school ring.

Saw my first one in '98 on someone at Northgate...I asked what HS they went to because that looks a lot like an Aggie Ring!

Kind of pissed them off!

kingkroop
my roomie has one...looks like a regular piece of metal...dull and cheap (although i think its more expesive??)
this_guy
i've got a white gold, antiqued ring and I love it. the tradition is getting a ring. taking it beyond that is kind of ridiculous imo. getting bent out of shape about someone else having one that is white instead of "gold" is even more ridiculous.
Farmer1906
AG
post a pic of the white gold Aggie Ring
TxAginAz
AG
I've never seen a white gold Aggie ring. I have the yellow gold one and it's my favorite choice.

I wasn't even aware the white gold existed but if it's an Aggie ring then it's an Aggie ring.

I say "Congrat's on your accomplishment of getting the Aggie Ring of your choice".

It would be interesting to see a pic of one.

*********************************************************************************************************************
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women."

82aggierbd
I got my white gold Aggie ring in '82 as I was planning on going into the mission field and wanted to be able to wear my ring without being too pretentious. My son just got his white gold ring on Friday. It is now a "family tradition".
10PennyNail
AG
Do we have nothing better to do that bash each other for the choice of which ring to wear? Hell, you might as well not leave out the people who put diamonds in the shield too.

"It ain't Army unless its Ole Army!"
saber69
AG
Ole Army has died and gone to hell.

Rest in Peace.
82aggierbd
If you are truly ol' army, you can't tell much about your ring any way as it has all worn down! If you can still see the crest on the top of your ring, you are NOT ol' army.
Louis Armstrong
I don't think we have an army at our school any more. Some of you guys sound like bitter old men. As some of you have typed earlier posts, the thing we should be most proud of is that we have our rings.

Some of you want a bunch of "robots" at our school.
hans_12thman
AG
to camj,

ok for one, I did not imply that an white gold aggie ring was ugly. I was plainly explaining that it is very different for an Aggie to have a White GOLD AGGIE RIng.

I did not say its wrong or hate it ok. Nd yes if your married and want a white gold ring to match thats your choice.

I am not stating hey everyone just stay the same ok so just chilllll.

Professional Ag
I think it's funny that every year around this time a white gold Aggie ring is deemed New Army. White gold Aggie rings were around before the internet guys.

And for those that say it's not recognizable, I disagree. I've had plenty of people stop me with my ring. I've had some say they didn't know it was an option, but they knew it looked like an Aggie ring.

It's not the metal that makes it look like an Aggie ring.

Hell, the first time I saw someone wearing their ttu ring, I thought it was an Aggie ring at first.

The rose finish at more than 10 yards and it's tough to tell.
SebAG
Who cares if Old Army has died. Old people need to just curl up in a hole and die anyway.
tamuags08
AG
I've never seen a tech ring before. Then again I haven't really met any Raiders that are proud or care enough about their school to buy one in the first place.
Upgrayedd
My roommate got a white gold one. I don't like the way they look, but it didn't bother me that he wanted it. To each his own, I guess.
Angry Beaver
AG
Was it one of the options, or did they have to ask for it (white gold) specifically?

I remember when I got mine three years ago it was one of the options (both online and in person). It wasn't one of the options on the website last year or this year.

[This message has been edited by Angry Beaver (edited 4/8/2008 5:30p).]
GarlandAg2012
AG
My girlfriend has an allergy to gold (or at least some gold rings that perhaps are of inferior quality, ie other metals) but she is still planning on getting a gold ring.
TexxAg00
AG
Anybody have a pic of the white gold Aggie ring?
Angry Beaver
AG
From the traditions website at Texas A&M...
quote:
The most recent changes were the addition of rose finishes and white gold with an antique finish in the 1970's, and more recently the addition of natural gold rings in the later 90's.
See? WHITE GOLD is Old Army, and NATURAL GOLD is New Army!

phoenix491
AG
Here's my wife's ring, although it's hard to a get good feel for the color ...

superbowlringd
White gold wears better than yellow. It is considerably harder.
aarjon
Is there any way to get a rose gold ring??
tooooombs5
Serious question here, can you get a platinum Aggie Ring?

No jewelry comes into contact with my skin unless it's platinum.
Angry Beaver
AG
quote:
Is there any way to get a rose gold ring??

I think they stopped offering those a few years ago. A few of my high school teachers from classes between '94-'99 had the rose finish.
Professional Ag
quote:
No jewelry comes into contact with my skin unless it's platinum.

I'm afraid a platinum Aggie ring wouldn't wear well. Platinum is a very soft metal and would probably look like crap after a year or two.
GoneGirl
AG
The antique and the rose were the only yellow gold options available when I ordered my ring in 94. The white gold was available then. I didn't like the rose, because to me, it looked brassy. Now that I am reordering my ring, I'm not sure if I'll get antiqued since that's what I had, or regular, since it's nice.

My biggest decision is whether to put my maiden name or my married name. I never finished the first time, and when I lost my ring, I chalked it up to bad karma. Now I've gone back to school after 13 years and will graduate in December. So I figured its ok to reorder the ring.

[This message has been edited by TxElsie (edited 4/8/2008 10:37p).]
rebel06
Greg09Ag
AG
I saw a girl with pink hair today, diversity at A&M who knew! Next thing ya know she'll have a ring with a different shade, Lord help us all!
GoneGirl
AG
New Army Aggie rings

cylindropuntia
AG
quote:
I've never seen a tech ring before. Then again I haven't really met any Raiders that are proud or care enough about their school to buy one in the first place.

my grandfather still wears his to this day
maroonblood08
AG
Professional Ag, I always heard that platinum is considerably harder than gold. and to answer your question, yes I believe you can get one in platinum. at least I know I can, you have to know someone high up in Balfour for them to make it for you.
Signel
AG
I have never been a fan of gold, but because it would seem strange to get white gold, I purchased the standard 10k gold aggie ring.

I've grown to really love it. I NEVER forget to wear it, and have had folks recognize it all over the country.

The more we diversify, the less we are recognized. IF you choose white gold, at least antique it so it stands out like a normal aggie ring.
AggieJ2002
AG
I can't believe how big of losers some of you are ... A bunch of little *****es ... Are you effing kidding me? ... You are complaining about someone getting a white gold ring instead of the gold one like you ... maybe they saw what a ***** the gold ring made you look like and they didn't want to go that direction ... and then you taking it so far to say that they are not real aggies ... wow ... just wow.

quackshackAg
AG
Our whole family wear the white gold ring, it's a family "tradition". It started out with the class of '74.

I personally like the white gold/silver looks better than the gold ones. So suck it!
txag2k
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.