Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Whats the coolest A&M memorabilia you have?

27,231 Views | 350 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GinMan
River
How long do you want to ignore this user?
football signed by Sammy Davis and Jamar Toombs.
DWF143
S
My football, baseball and now basketball card collection of Aggie players. Over 5,500 strong.
Cutman
AG
A pen made from wood that was cut but not used for the 1997 Bonfire, my Senior year
MikeTXAg03
AG
A framed photo of the 1939 National Championship team autographed by every coach and player of the team obtained by my Dad's uncle who was a fish on campus at the time.
AggieLit
A signed note from President Gates.

A 78 rpm (pre-vinyl) record with the Singing Cadets singing the War Hymn and some strange song I've never heard.

A handful of maroon turf from the endzone taken after our first home victory over t.u. this millenium (11/23/07).

A saber used by Brigadier General L. S. Ross during combat duties in northern Virginia for the C.S.A. Got it at at the estate sale of a Civil War collector in Tennessee. $125.
PlanoAg98
AG

1) Ashes and wire in Jack Daniels bottle from last year bonfire burned on campus.

2) Piece of north stands at Kyle field after it was torn down for contruction of The Zone.

99) Coach Fran bobblehead from Arby's
The Ghost of Johnny
AG
AggieLit is a liar. I have that saber and I bought it in Junction, TX for $10.
CATAGBQ04
AG
My senior boots, my ring, and my diploma.

Does my wife count? We met at A&M...
AggieLit
^^^He probably had more than one.... Is yours battle-used?

[This message has been edited by AggieLit (edited 1/23/2008 3:04p).]
The Ghost of Johnny
AG
There are blood stains still on it. It's still sharp too. I can try it out on you if you like.
Roman Moronie
A book called "Classy Coaching" signed by Tony Barone
AggieLit
No way Sully Ross would have left his saber uncleaned.
war hymn aggie
AG
my grandfather wrote the Aggie War Hymn. Several years ago, my father gave me some of his stuff. I have his trunk that he carried all his belongings in during his A&M days, his A&M ring ('20), his brass and buttons from his old RV uni., a medal awarded to him at A&M for best drilled soldier, a painting done by Benjamin Knox depicting him writing the War Hymn out while on guard duty. I had an index that said "On The Rhine" with his signature underneath. I had them framed together and it looks great! Of all these, the crown jewel was his WW1 helmet, likely the one he wore when he wrote the song. I ended up donating it to the Sander's Museum and it is on display.
I also have sheet music of the War Hymn from 1921, 1938 and 1971. The 1938 copy is autographed by Pinky himself.

Sports related, I have a game worn Coryatt helmet that he also wore at an All-Star game because it has a bunch of other schools helmet logo's on it. I also have signed jerseys of Coryatt and Curtis Dickey. The Dickey jersey is the style he wore when he played here. I also have an autographed Dat mini-helmet, an index card signed by Jarrin' John Kimbrough and an auto'd 8X10 photo of JD Crow along with 25-30 other great A&M players from various years. Additionally, I have about 7-8 binders of sportscards of Aggies from all sports (mostly football). I also have several custom McFarlane statues depicting famous Aggie football players.
Prexys Moon
AG
My grandfather was class of 1927. I have his Freshman and Senior Yearbooks, The Longhorn.

The Freshman one, the 1924 version, has E King Gill in it. He was in my grandfather's outfit.

In the senior year book there is a large cursive D next to many of my grandfather's classmates. He would mark them "Deceased" when they would die. My grandfather lived to 92 so he outlived most of his classmates.

Tucked in the yearbooks are various class mailings from the 1950's and 60's. Included is a picture from a class reunion of the classmates and their wives in front of the MSC. I think it was in the mid 60's. All the men are in dark suits and all the women in dresses and hats. It was a sunny day and a football game weekend, and they dressed like that. Contrast that with how we all dress for football now. Classy.

I have his first ring which is now almost worn smooth. He got another more modern looking ring in the 60's and I have that also.

Personally- I have a small square of the last turf from Kyle.

I have game programs from 98 Nebraksa and 01 ND, as well as a bunch from games in the 90's.

I have a helmet from the early 2000's when you could get on the waiting list for a game used helmet. It had a maroon d-back facemask. When we switched back to white facemasks, I ordered a white facemask and put it on the helmet. It is in my son's room and looks really cool.

My son has signed footballs from the last three autograph sessions, as well as a pair of game used gloves that one of the O-Line guys sent to him after we sent the player a thank you note and some pictures from the clinic.

I also wrote Fran and got my son a personalized autograph when Fran was first hired. Still on the shelf. Oh well.

[This message has been edited by Prexy's Moon (edited 1/23/2008 3:24p).]
TwoTimeAg
AG
A cigar ash-tray with the TAMC seal in the center...picked it up at a flea market for $1 about 20 years ago.
BillE1976
AG
I have a football signed by the now 7 living former head football coaches

Jim Myer
Gene Stallings
Emory Bellard
Tom Wilson
Jackie Sherrill
R.C. Slocum
Coach Fran ( He signed it " Coach Fran" instead of Dennis Franchione)Guess if I had waited he would have signed it ex-coach fran.
Shawdawg
AG
My 12th Man Bobble Head Doll
Scriffer
AG
1) Diploma signed and presented by SecDef Gates

2) Chad Schroeder's gloves
Aggie99
AG
war hymn aggie,

That is very cool!!

Rex Racer
AG
Basketball autographed by everyone on last year's Sweet 16 basketball team.
Friend of RCII
AG
Diploma signed by Earl Rudder is at the top of my list.

Aggie football helment from the 1998 Big XII championship team. Lineman helment, size 7 5/8, with battle scrapes and scars.....
DCC99
AG
Autographed cards of Antoine Wright, Jamaar Taylor, T-Murph, Reggie McNeal, Dante Hall, Dat Nguyen. Red Cashion's auto. Bonfire ashes from '98. My Bonfire pot and axe handle. 2 diplomas. Oh, and this neat ring that I wear sometimes.
Boozoo
AG
My stuff is pretty mild compared to what a lot of y'all have.

Probably my favorite is an old pennant from the TAMC days.
Big Ed
Felt pennant my Dad bought at Loupot's in '54. Still has a Loupot's tag on it. Hung on my wall at Cain in the late '70's and is on Big Luke's (#77)wall today! Also a Longines watch we got at the Hall of Fame Bowl in '78.
AAM02
AG
A shadow box with a slice of the '98 centerpole (came out of the ground when drilling for the '99 centerpole and redpots gave it to my class - C-1 '02 - the centerpole fish from '98). It's one of my most prized possessions.

And 2 digits from the old jumbotron. Should make a smooth wall-hanging for the game room when I'm finished with 'em.

AggieLit - If you ever want to part ways with that saber let me know.
Fins Up!
AG
TCR has a faded water color print called "yesterday's heros." It has Jack Pardee, Gene Stallings, John David Crow, and Randy Mattson stading outside the old horse shoe.

I don't think it is rare, but it is cool.

Does anyone else have one of these?
FrontPorchAg
I know Vestal doesn't make it over here much, but he has a banner from the 1939 national championship.
rilloaggie
AG
football signed by all of last years team. won it in a raffle!
AgRyan04
My favorites are a row of 4 seats from Kyle Field, ticket stubs from every game I've been to, Justin Warren's practice jersey, Devin Gregg's practice jersey, and an autographed team ball from 2007 sent to me by my favorite player.

I've recently started collecting old ticket stubs and old media guides and those collections are coming along slowly but surely.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com

[This message has been edited by AgRyan04 (edited 1/23/2008 6:56p).]
captain angry
AG
I have crappy memoribilia and a good job now. You fools need to put your stuff on ebay. Not the rings, got one of those...
Terence Kitchens
I have a lot of cool things from when I played, like the Big XII Championship ring, etc... but, I have a picture of me and Bush '41 on the sideline together while I was in uniform before the Kansas St. game in 2000 and he is giving the gig 'em with his arm around me. It's a great shot. I think it is really cool because he actually knew who I was when he was talking to me!

He also signed a football for me and I have it next to our picture that is framed....good memories!
Old Sarge
AG
12th Man Jersey, the real thing
Football, the real game thing
Helmet, ditto

My son is going to have the best sports oriented bedroom there is.

[This message has been edited by Old Sarge (edited 1/23/2008 7:15p).]
radrogmar
A lot of great items you guys have. I have an aggie shirt signed by Toya Jones, a football autographed by Leland McElroy and a shirt given to me by Jonte' Buhl's dad.
got1forya
I have a hardrubber Ol Sarge figure that was given to me in 1961. I was less that one year old and it still has my teeth marks on the edge of his hat, where I teethed on the brim.
AggieTFA06
AG
1. a Texas A&M baseball signed by Jeff Bagwell, Lance Berkman, and other Astros.

2. a mini basketball that was thrown to me by an Aggie basketball player during the Texas A&M- Colorado game from 2006.

To 1,000,000 touchdowns...and beyond

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.