Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,135 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
txags92 said:

AggieOO said:

just realized that the peloton uses Look Delta cleats, not Keo. Only reason my road shoes have been working is that my cleats are so worn down that they fit. So now I either have to get a cheap pair of shoes or swap the pedals on the peloton.
You are looking at this all wrong. You are now faced with the opportunity to buy a new pair of shoes so that you can retire your old road shoes to become your peloton shoes. Surely your wife will understand why you need new shoes, right? I suggest yellow shoes...they make your more visible to cars, and somebody in the breakaway always has yellow shoes. Every time you look down, they will make you feel like you should be riding faster to live up to wearing them...
i get where you are going, but already have relatively high end road shoes. I'd have to spend way too much money to make those look bad enough to be peloton shoes.
Aggie09Derek
AG
AggieOO said:

just realized that the peloton uses Look Delta cleats, not Keo. Only reason my road shoes have been working is that my cleats are so worn down that they fit. So now I either have to get a cheap pair of shoes or swap the pedals on the peloton.

Very easy to change out pedals, that's def what I would do if I were you.
txags92
AG
AggieOO said:

txags92 said:

AggieOO said:

You are looking at this all wrong. You are now faced with the opportunity to buy a new pair of shoes so that you can retire your old road shoes to become your peloton shoes. Surely your wife will understand why you need new shoes, right? I suggest yellow shoes...they make your more visible to cars, and somebody in the breakaway always has yellow shoes. Every time you look down, they will make you feel like you should be riding faster to live up to wearing them...
i get where you are going, but already have relatively high end road shoes. I'd have to spend way too much money to make those look bad enough to be peloton shoes.
Yeah, I get it. I have SPD-SLs on my road bike and was using one of my old pairs of road shoes on the Peloton until about 2 weeks ago when the heel leather started separating from the rear of the sole. I went on Amazon and bought a new pair for indoor use for around $85, because my current road shoes are less than 2 years old and would cost too much to replace.
AggieOO
Aggie09Derek said:

AggieOO said:

Very easy to change out pedals, that's def what I would do if I were you.
i'm aware, but since the wife ordered shoes/cleats from peloton, now i have to swap out her cleats too. /first world problems

none of it is difficult, just annoying....though not as annoying as Jess King.
bthotugigem05
AG
My gym's bikes have Delta cleats, learned that the hard way.
dave99ag
AG
Apparently my Keo cleats are warn down a ton too! I probably have some old Keo pedals I'll throw on so I don't have to change cleat systems.
bthotugigem05
AG
Made a big mistake and tried a 45-minute Robin Arzon tabata ride. Brutal.
AgFB
AG
"Add it back"
AgFB
AG
Speaking of shoes - I have never had any bike shoes other than the ones that are sold with the bike.

Are these good shoes? I noticed on long rides my feet feel almost numb and not sure if it's a shoe issue and maybe others might fit my feet better.
DeLaHonta
AG
I don't have the Peloton branded shoes, but your feet going numb on long rides is not normal. I'd guess you're wearing the wrong size or have them strapped on too tightly.
txags92
AG
Yeah, my first piece of advice would be to loosen the straps a bit. You want them to not be sliding around loosely, but you don't want them to feel snug either. Find a sweet spot in between. The other possibility is the cleats need adjustment. If they are too far forward or backward, or misaligned to the left or the right, it can cause tension in your foot that will lead to numbness over time.
AgFB
AG
Thanks. I'll give that a shot.
Nitro Power
AG
Has anyone taken a power zone ride with Olivia yet? I'm curious about what she has to offer.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
The Pilot
AG
I like Olivia. And if her power zone class isn't challenging enough fire up one of her core workouts afterwards.
txags92
AG
Whiskey Jacket said:

Has anyone taken a power zone ride with Olivia yet? I'm curious about what she has to offer.

I took her first 30 min power zone endurance ride. It was a good workout, but I tend to do the endurance PZ rides when I don't feel like a really tough workout. I like her as an instructor in general, but she has a ways to go to be as educational as Matt regarding power training. It was a good class for her first in the genre, and I am sure she will keep getting better.
AgFB
AG
Yeah she's already improved since her first PZ class. Nice change up to Matt and Denis.
bac
AG
Does anyone recall if Peloton has any other deals during the year outside of Black Friday?
BQ2001
AG
Not usually. You can use a referral code for $100 in accessories (mine is R544PF). I have heard that they have done the works package if you put the bike in your cart and leave it a couple days.
txags92
AG
I just read elsewhere that Peloton is offering a 90 day free trial of the app based workouts for anybody who wants to see what all the fuss is about.
bthotugigem05
AG
Well my office gym, where I used a peloton bike for free, is closed through the end of April, so I ordered my bike today. Thanks to the virus I'm not getting it for another two weeks.
gvine07
AG
I did my first live ride and first 45 minute ride today - it was good. This quarantine is making me spend time working out!

This week I liked the 2 new trainers I tried (Denis and Alex), which will hopefully motivate me to keep a healthy routine.
XpressAg09
AG
Any interest in an 11am ride on Friday? 45 minutes of Classic Rock with Jess King. Seems like a good time where folks can stop working from home for a little bit and a couple Ags can compete.

Changing offer to 9am Central, Friday. 30 Minutes with Alex Toussant and, per Twitter, Bubba Watson, Justin Thomas and, rumored, Rory McIlroy.
AggieOO
XpressAg09 said:

Any interest in an 11am ride on Friday? 45 minutes of Classic Rock with Jess King. Seems like a good time where folks can stop working from home for a little bit and a couple Ags can compete.
hard no.
XpressAg09
AG
AggieOO said:

XpressAg09 said:

hard no.
Yeah...I figured that could be a deal killer...
dodger02
AG
This.

I like riding with...er...watching Jess for one reason and one reason only. To have her squawk over classic rock for 45 minutes seems really painful.

I'm doing a ride earlier in the day with Alex Toussaint that should have a bunch of professional athletes in it. Saw something trending on Twitter about it last night.
gvine07
AG
The thing with Booger?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Booger needs to be a paid spokesperson for Peloton
dodger02
AG
I think he'll be in there. I've seen Michael Phelps, Rory McIlroy, Justin Thomas, and Bubba Watson. I think there are a few that may be in there.

Apparently Rory is hard to beat.
txags92
AG
dodger02 said:

This.

I like riding with...er...watching Jess for one reason and one reason only. To have her squawk over classic rock for 45 minutes seems really painful.

I'm doing a ride earlier in the day with Alex Toussaint that should have a bunch of professional athletes in it. Saw something trending on Twitter about it last night.
You do realize when you adjust the volume, the option pops up for "more music" that will turn the music volume up and turn down her voice in the mix.
dodger02
AG
Yup. I do that with every ride.

But, it's like cranking the Hot for Teacher video up to like 11 while someone in the background runs their fingernails down a chalkboard.
gvine07
AG
Him and Rory may already be on the payroll
XpressAg09
AG
dodger02 said:

I have amended my suggestion and will see you there.
dsharp90
AG
Ordered a bike for my wife and I, looking forward to joining the cult when it shows up on 4/9!
Spinnaker96
AG
Just getting back on the bike after a bit of a lay off. Orangetheory is on hold and closed, so needed a new cardio option.

I'm really liking the PZ classes with Wilpers and Dennis Morton.

Y'all feel free to add me "Spinnaker96."
bthotugigem05
AG
Mine gets here tomorrow, can't wait to get back in the saddle after two weeks of my office gym being closed! Username is PlayMoreMetal
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.