Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

459,829 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by txags92
TraditionsPD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a great program call discover your power zones. I think it is 6-8 weeks with 3-4 rides a week
aggiespartan
AG
TraditionsPD said:

There is a great program call discover your power zones. I think it is 6-8 weeks with 3-4 rides a week
I only ride once or twice a week to supplement trail running. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get a meaningful workout out of it.
Proposition Joe
Late to the thread and I'm sure it's probably been mentioned, but I often enjoy watching Aggie Sports but when we lose I'm typically pissed off that I wasted an hour or two "for nothing".

So using the YoutubeTV app on the Peloton (though any TV in the area would do), I started watching the games while riding and incorporating bits of the game into my ride -- for instance for Aggie Hoops I'll increase my cadence when we are on defense and set my resistance based on if we are ahead of behind.

Sounds dumb, but it sure as hell helps when the team takes a loss that you still got a really good workout in.
TraditionsPD
AG
Sounds awesome. Do what works
Nitro Power
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Late to the thread and I'm sure it's probably been mentioned, but I often enjoy watching Aggie Sports but when we lose I'm typically pissed off that I wasted an hour or two "for nothing".

So using the YoutubeTV app on the Peloton (though any TV in the area would do), I started watching the games while riding and incorporating bits of the game into my ride -- for instance for Aggie Hoops I'll increase my cadence when we are on defense and set my resistance based on if we are ahead of behind.

Sounds dumb, but it sure as hell helps when the team takes a loss that you still got a really good workout in.

Not dumb at all. I do all kinds of random things with music. Breaks up the monotony.

htxag09
AG
After the Houston Half I decided to switch up my workouts and started the build your power zones program. First off, I've really enjoyed it.

But.....this morning I did my second ride with Christine. She is absolutely terrible. It's just 45 minutes of her bragging about various championships she's won in track riding.....I don't care.
txags92
AG
htxag09 said:

After the Houston Half I decided to switch up my workouts and started the build your power zones program. First off, I've really enjoyed it.

But.....this morning I did my second ride with Christine. She is absolutely terrible. It's just 45 minutes of her bragging about various championships she's won in track riding.....I don't care.
It is funny how different people's tastes are with instructors. The team I am riding with for the PZPack challenges has a bunch of people gushing about how much they love Tunde and are glad she is a power zone instructor now. I finally took one of her classes last week when the opportunity came up in the challenge options, and it was terrible. I didn't like her playlist, her weird facial expressions to go with her dance moves, etc. Made the 45 minute class feel twice as long just wanting to get it over with.

I can kind of take or leave Christine, but my wife loves her. She has gotten better with her more recent classes not talking the entire time about her racing, but I am sure some of those program classes are pretty old, and yeah it was non-stop a few years ago.

If you haven't already, take some of Christian Vandevelde's Pro-cyclist rides before they get purged. He has some great rides with cues based on power zones.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, these classes are from early 2021.

I found my first class with her funny when she was already 10 minutes into talking about racing, then threw out a "I don't say this to brag" and immediately went back into talking about racing.

I will say I've strictly only done Wilpers classes up to this point. Seems he's releasing less since he started doing running and rowing. So doing this program has introduced me to other instructors that I like. I'll have to check out Christian Vandevelde's rides.

I do wish peloton would do more with the programs. I really like how this program is structured and advances week to week. Would be nice to have more cross training type programs. Day 1 is a power zone ride, day 2 is yoga, day 3 is a boot camp ride, day 4 is a weight training, etc. One week the weight training focuses on upper body next lower body, etc.
txags92
AG
htxag09 said:

Yeah, these classes are from early 2021.

I found my first class with her funny when she was already 10 minutes into talking about racing, then threw out a "I don't say this to brag" and immediately went back into talking about racing.

I will say I've strictly only done Wilpers classes up to this point. Seems he's releasing less since he started doing running and rowing. So doing this program has introduced me to other instructors that I like. I'll have to check out Christian Vandevelde's rides.

I do wish peloton would do more with the programs. I really like how this program is structured and advances week to week. Would be nice to have more cross training type programs. Day 1 is a power zone ride, day 2 is yoga, day 3 is a boot camp ride, day 4 is a weight training, etc. One week the weight training focuses on upper body next lower body, etc.
Have you tried any of the PZPack challenges? They are built like these training programs and are either 6 or 8 weeks long. They start easier and build each week. In the 8 week ones, week 4 is an easier week meant to allow you to recover. I like having the set "schedule" of classes to complete each week and motivation of having a team relying on me to get them done.
First Page Refresh
Page 121 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.