Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,666 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We got ours last week, it was mostly for the wife since we just had our first and the new schedule plus her work schedule made our crossfit like gym hard to get to. We were sick for a week but just got on today and she loved it. I also took a ride, I have used them at the Marriot/Westin hotels.
AggieOO
NPH- said:

10-4, thanks for the replies

If you flip the pedals over, there is a flat side. It's not a big platform, but you could ride it on that side. You would not be able to pull on the pedal stroke, but you could technically ride.
dave99ag
AG
You could also remove the pedals and put on some flats, but I'd just wait until your shoes come in.
Aggie09Derek
AG
You can chat with them and use referral $$$ on the toe cages, that's what I did to use for when guests come.

I got my shoes at REI. Specialized is the brand I went with.
agsquirrel97
AG
tomorrow is 5 weeks with my peloton and I have about 35 rides under my belt, mostly power zone classes. So glad I am going into the new decade with better habits already formed. I have dropped 12 pounds and my jeans are tight in the thighs now instead of the waist.

Excited to go skiing in 10 days knowing my legs will be stronger this year then they have been in a decade. My power numbers are still sad but my FTP score has climbed about 30% going from embarrassing all the way up to girly man. Eating habits are significantly improved just using MyFitnessPal and being accountable for what I put in my pie hole.

I hope to drop another 20 - 25 pounds and maintain.

Good luck, and happy New Years y'all
Corps Turd
AG
I will weigh in here for anyone on the "fence"...have followed this thread for a good while.

I was a huge Peloton skeptic for a good while and refused to pull the trigger. I simply thought this was just another fad and would fade away. I was a big runner for several years and had to stop due to a knee problem and surgery. I simply couldn't replicate a runners workout with any other system or method.

I have several co-workers who raved about the bike and decided to make the purchase In October. I absolutely love it! The work outs are insane and it is super easy to find a class type/instructor you will enjoy. I have hit 75 rides and can't recommend high enough for those who might be weighing options.
Boat Shoes
AG
Ordered! Delivery on Jan 8th.
Premium
AG
Ordered the tread and it will be here on the 9th. I'll probably pick up the bike in a few months. Wife didn't think she would ride the bike so we are starting with the tread.
dodger02
AG
Whomever used my referral code...THANKS! Happy riding!
degreedy
AG
Is it too late to enter a referral code on our order if it is getting delivered today?
dave99ag
AG
I wasn't able to enter a referral code when I checked out, but was able to have them apply it to my order through their support chat. You just need to give them your order number and they should be able to apply the referral code. To make it easier, I even had them go ahead and order the items I wanted (two HRMs) through chat so I didn't have to deal with the order process. Super easy! Here's my code if you want to use it: MUBZEU.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

We got ours last week, it was mostly for the wife since we just had our first and the new schedule plus her work schedule made our crossfit like gym hard to get to. We were sick for a week but just got on today and she loved it. I also took a ride, I have used them at the Marriot/Westin hotels.

We're in the exact same situation. It was her big Christmas gift (bought it before that harmless commercial went super viral).

I've gotten about 4 rides in. Feeling my way through the instructors - some are pretty annoying (Jess King comes to mind) but others are effective.

I'm also glad and interested to see how the App works. We are an amazon fire house and having some stretching, cardio, meditation and yoga classes to break up cycling will be nice.
The Pilot
AG
I didn't think I'd utilize all the other classes when we purchased the peloton, but have found myself doing a lot more than just cycling.

The first one I did was a 20 min core class and dang it was hard.
ChoppinDs40
AG
The Pilot said:

I didn't think I'd utilize all the other classes when we purchased the peloton, but have found myself doing a lot more than just cycling.

The first one I did was a 20 min core class and dang it was hard.

Saw that and liked the idea.

Need some yoga mats now (bike is upstairs in the man cave).

Wife was grossed out by my man spit on the bike mat.

30 min HIIT gets the saliva and lungs going!
htxag09
AG
Wtf
ChoppinDs40
AG
what? you don't spit when you work out heavily?
The Pilot
AG
Yeah, I gotta think 99.9% percent of wives won't like spit on the mat or anywhere indoors.

But to answer your question, no I don't spit while working out inside. Outside, I've even mastered the snot rocket while running.
dave99ag
AG
Yeah, don't think my wife would care me spitting on the floor while riding. Plenty of sweat though.

Ours is in the garage and I've put down a few horse stall mats (4x6) on the floor. Works as a great base and easy to clean up.
htxag09
AG
When I'm outside. I'll spit or snot rocket like nobody's business during runs or biking....outside.

I've done 2+ hour trainer rides, I'll be drenched in sweat, but I'm not spitting on the floor. That's weird, IMO.
txags92
AG
Yeah, spitting while working out is a no for me. I don't have any particular urge to spit in general, and that doesn't really change when I work out. My wife would definitely not be ok if I were spitting all over the floor around the bike.
ChoppinDs40
AG
woah woah woah - getting bombarded here.

Let's remember we have a cleanable mat below the bike that I'm relieving on - and it gets wiped up. Just saying, she saw me do it while I was huffing and puffing.
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

Ours is in the garage and I've put down a few horse stall mats (4x6) on the floor. Works as a great base and easy to clean up.
Was thinking about moving ours to the garage. It'd be fine now, but wasn't sure if I want it out there in a couple months when it starts getting hot and humid. Not worried about the temp for working out, but am a little "iffy" on the tablet being out there.
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

dave99ag said:

Was thinking about moving ours to the garage. It'd be fine now, but wasn't sure if I want it out there in a couple months when it starts getting hot and humid. Not worried about the temp for working out, but am a little "iffy" on the tablet being out there.
I think you should be fine. I have other devices in my garage (irrigation controller, etc) and haven't had any issues. You could always insulate your garage door to minimize the humidity a bit. Maybe get some of those dehumidifier containers at a hardware store.
AggieOO
the idea was to upgrade the living room tv and move the current one out there, set up some mats, and the bike and have a "bare bones" gym in the garage. wasn't worried about the tv because its about 5 years old.
dave99ag
AG
That's what we've done with one side of the garage. Has worked out well and keeps the kids mostly from climbing over everything.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Is the App in a "garage" working environment a potential competitor to the "Mirror"?

With all of the core work, weights, stretching, etc. it seems you could have a crossfit box in your own garage with a TV mounted on the wall.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Count me on the side to never have the urge to spit when working out
Steeltoe05
AG
Will my regular bike cleats work on a peloton?

Edit: my cleats are SPD
dave99ag
AG
It comes with Look Delta pedals, so you'd need new cleats or swap out the pedals.
degreedy
AG
Used it for the first time last night, did a beginner 20 min ride. Seemed a bit easy for me, but I know with my out-of-shape butt I need to take it easy diving into this.

Made it a point of keeping my cadence and resistance at the high end of each range throughout the entirety of the ride.

Looking forward to my second ride this afternoon!
degreedy
AG
Didn't enjoy my second ride as much as my first... don't know if it was because of the trainer or the workout.

I'm leaning towards not liking the trainer (some Brit with a permanent smirk on his face).

This ride was significantly harder than the first, so it may be a combination of pushing too hard and not liking the trainer.
mrsbeer05
AG
I really love Denis Morton. You might also try the power zone rides. They are less spin-classy
dodger02
AG
It's either Ben Aldis or Sam Yo. Both are "meh" for me. When I ride with them, I just picture Michael Kane as a spin instructor and laugh my way through the ride.

Dennis Morton is my favorite male instructor. I loved his Weezer ride. The Wings ride is really good, too...but I love those two bands.

Ally Love and Kendall Toole are my favorite female instructors. Jess King is annoying but I just stare...
txags92
AG
Yeah, some of them i just can't do. My favorites are Matt Wilpers, Christine, Emma, and & Kendall.
dave99ag
AG
As mrsbeer said, if you're not into spin classes, then the power zone folks may be your cup of tea. I've mostly done Matt Wilpers rides with a few others sprinkled in. I don't need motivational quotes to make me work on the bike and some are very heavy handed with that on the bike.

Be sure to use the filter function to figure out what kind of ride you want to do. Until you get your riding legs, maybe focus on the "low impact" ones and shoot for certain times. Those aren't going to kill your legs. The power zone endurance rides keep you below threshold generally. Definitely don't do any HIIT or tabata rides unless you want to hurt some.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.