Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,667 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dodger02 said:

It's either Ben Aldis or Sam Yo. Both are "meh" for me. When I ride with them, I just picture Michael Kane as a spin instructor and laugh my way through the ride.

Dennis Morton is my favorite male instructor. I loved his Weezer ride. The Wings ride is really good, too...but I love those two bands.

Ally Love and Kendall Toole are my favorite female instructors. Jess King is annoying but I just stare...
mmmm Jess King.

My god she's annoying but..mmm
Nitro Power
AG
(.)(.)
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
OldArmy07
AG
2 relatively easy Matt Wilpers rides in... really enjoying it so far.
ChoppinDs40
AG
I did one of his treadmill classes today. Really like him. Need to try a spin class
BQ2001
AG
Matt and Becs are my go to on the tread. Their marathon race prep classes are great. I've taken some "Fun Run" type classes on easy days from others and they just grate on my nerves.
degreedy
AG
Tried a Dennis Morton ride yesterday after y'alls suggestion, really enjoyed it.

Going for my second Dennis Morton training ride today.

Missed only one day of the last 4 days, so I'm 3 of 4 so far, which is not much but hell its a start!!
OasisMan
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Excited to go skiing in 10 days knowing my legs will be stronger this year then they have been in a decade.
was wondering about this

Keep me updated plz
degreedy
AG
Hell I hadn't even thought about how this bike riding is going to affect my upcoming ski trip as well (leave next Friday).

I would assume I'm going to have more stamina and stronger legs as well.
ChoppinDs40
AG
NPH- said:

Hell I hadn't even thought about how this bike riding is going to affect my upcoming ski trip as well (leave next Friday).

Same - going in March. I'll start the power endurance rides here soon. Skiing at a high level is a thigh burning experience.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Whiskey Jacket said:

(.)(.)

Popped into her "trap" live class this morning for about 30 seconds after my Marie Corbin ride... I ogled at her bouncing bewbs and then had to exit. Her voice is so annoying. Maybe I should just turn the sound off...
txags92
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

NPH- said:

Same - going in March. I'll start the power endurance rides here soon. Skiing at a high level is a thigh burning experience.
Consider doing some of the "climb" rides too. Christine had a good one that she modeled after her ride up Haleakala. It was a long tough slog, but I think I hit my PR for output on that ride.
AgFB
AG
New power zone challenge starting up the 20th...anyone else on a team?

The Ruff Rider

Pretty cool email sent by Peloton wrapping up the year. Compared your stats to the community's. I'm at 310 rides in a little over a year. Matt Wilpers and Denis Morton by far my most ridden instructors.

mrsbeer05
AG
I wanted to do it but 3 rides was the min. My focus is running right now so the most I ride in a week is twice.
dave99ag
AG
Is this a challenge somewhere else? I don't see anything online and pretty much only do power rides.
Nitro Power
AG
I am doing, but the problem is I can't see my team. I don't have facebook
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
mrsbeer05
AG
dave99ag said:

Is this a challenge somewhere else? I don't see anything online and pretty much only do power rides.

Yes, I'll see if I can find the link. But googling Power zone challenge should bring it up
txags92
AG
I think it is Powerzonepack.com or something like that.
AgFB
AG
Whiskey Jacket said:

I am doing, but the problem is I can't see my team. I don't have facebook
You aren't missing much...just a lot of rah rah type stuff and sharing of graphs...some relevant questions but if something is real important they'll send out an email.
AgFB
AG
txags92 said:

I think it is Powerzonepack.com or something like that.
Bingo
FPRDC
AG
Our bike is being delivered on Thursday - already have been using the app and wife and I really like the classes
I've added myself to the google doc

Username DrDiaBeatThis

Our referral code for any who need one:
NJJQYW
OldArmy07
AG
Added you. OldArmy07 on Peloton as well.
The Grinder (99)
AG
Just got ours Wednesday. It is more for my wife. With her back she can't run anymore. I never ran like she did, but I am still at it ~3-4 times a week, so I don't know how much I will use it personally. Did my first ride yesterday after work and found it challenging and definitely working things out differently than jogging (one speed on mostly level ground) for several miles... who knows; I may get into it also
ChoppinDs40
AG
The Grinder (99) said:

Just got ours Wednesday. It is more for my wife. With her back she can't run anymore. I never ran like she did, but I am still at it ~3-4 times a week, so I don't know how much I will use it personally. Did my first ride yesterday after work and found it challenging and definitely working things out differently than jogging (one speed on mostly level ground) for several miles... who knows; I may get into it also
if you're a runner, I suggest downloading the app and doing some running classes - those have been pretty cool and helping me build my core more.
txags92
AG
If you are not a runner, the "walk/run" walking classes are a good way to start. I have been looking for some way to get a good workout while traveling for work. I hate the recumbent bikes all the hotels have and elliptical typically give my feet trouble. I have never enjoyed running unless I had something to distract me. A few nights ago, while out of town, I took my phone down and hopped on the hotel treadmill and did a Matt Wilpers 20 min walk/run class and actually enjoyed running for the first time in many years.

Then I got on the bike today looking for a 30 min recovery type ride and made the mistake of saying "oh look, a pro cyclist ride...let's see what that is all about." Ouch...3x3min power zone 5 intervals. Good class...but not the recovery I was looking for.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Christine and Olivia are now power zone instructors. I love me some Wilpers but will be nice to mix it up with Christine sometimes. I haven't done too many Olivia rides, so I'll have to give her a shot on PZ rides.
txags92
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Christine and Olivia are now power zone instructors. I love me some Wilpers but will be nice to mix it up with Christine sometimes. I haven't done too many Olivia rides, so I'll have to give her a shot on PZ rides.
I hope that is just a recognition by them of the popularity of the power zone rides, and not a sign that Matt is going to be leaving soon...

I like Christine's HR zone rides, so I am sure she will do well with the power zone rides. Haven't taken an Olivia ride, so will be interested to see how she does.
dave99ag
AG
Christine is a track cyclist, so she definitely understands training with power. I've done a few classes with her and I can handle her personality on the bike. Not sure about Olivia. I will be bummed if Matt were leaving as he's good about just getting the workout in.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Don't think it's then leaving...more just adding more power zone classes/getting female instructors for it.

I like Christine a lot.
UpstateAg
AG
Thinking of buying an echelon but using peloton
Subscription. Is the variety there for 3 rides/week? Never done this kind of thing before (gone to probably five classes total, wife goes weekly).
DeLaHonta
AG
They do about 10-15 live cycling classes every day, and they have a recorded library of over 7,000 cycling classes that you can choose from anytime. 21 different instructors, a wide variety of class types, lengths, and music genres...you shouldn't have difficulty finding variety.

That said, by using the app, the main thing you lose is the metrics. When the instructors say to set your resistance to X, you'll just have to use your best guess, because whatever bike you use won't match. I'm sure someone out there has made a conversion chart of X cadence/Y resistance = Z output, so you could convert, if you have a power meter on your bike.
Nitro Power
AG
I took the ride this morning that him and Dennis did, where he introduced them to PZ training and I was thinking the same thing. 90+% of my rides are Wilpers or Christian Vande Velde
gvine07
AG
Just curious - why buy the echelon but subscribe to Peloton? Why not just buy a Peloton?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Def should just buy peloton at that point.
UpstateAg
AG
Found one for 200 bucks today.
AgFB
AG
Glad to see them adding more instructors to the power zone classes.

It's crazy how much I use the zones even when I'm riding a regular class. Glad they are continuing to grow in popularity.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.