Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,151 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
Jethro95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got my 10 week streak badge! I'm sticking mostly to Power Zone classes with a few others sprinkled in for variety.

Also, big thanks to whoever just used my code!

If you need a referral code, mine is: 8MZR5D
dodger02
AG
I took delivery on Friday of last week and completed my first ride on Sunday evening. I'm in love. Six workouts in and my wife and I are already competing against each other. Did two workouts yesterday and that was probably a bit much for my fat beginner ass but I can't let her beat me.

Once I take some time to figure out how to cast to the TV, I'll be able to incorporate more of the other exercise routines they have and then I'll be bought in 100%.
Bigfootisreal
That was me ordering for Christmas! Thanks!
dave99ag
AG
A Peloton is arriving Saturday! Anxious to get in some riding and scared to see what my FTP is these days. mrsbeer, you should be getting a referral.

Username: dave99ag (wife is AggieSLP)
Referral: MUBZEU

mrsbeer05
AG
Not sure who used my referral code, but thanks!

Username: DrBeer
Referral: SC6NTX

Also we need to organize a TexAgs group ride.
dave99ag
AG
That was me.
dodger02
AG
How do I find my referral code?
AggieOO
Ours gets here on Tuesday. I tried entering about 6 or 7 referral codes from this thread, and none of them worked. Maybe I just didn't know what I was doing.
dave99ag
AG
I tried the same thing and got errors. I ended up getting on their chat support, gave them my order number and a referral code. I didn't really need any of the accessories, so I had them order 2 HRMs to have on hand. Did it all through chat.
The Pilot
AG
I can email you mine, not sure if you can add it anymore but might be worth a chat support.

Peloton has been hammering down on ppl sharing codes on public forums according to Reddit. So maybe they've deactivated a few from here?
txags92
AG
I also seem to recall that their recent Black Friday promotion was not eligible for a referral bonus/discount. So it might have been that as well.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Username: AggieDerek
Referral: E3ND8V
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Did first 30 min ride today! And it was my 10th ride as well....just realized that. Woohoo.... it was legit!!

Someone used my code. Not sure from here or another fiend I shared it with. Whomever, thank you!

Add me!
username: braunolsen
Referral code If needed ($100 free accessories): 7GQYES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Yep! It would not let me use a referral code when I did my purchase in the Black Friday promotion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
dodger02
AG
Figured out how to cast to my Roku TV in our exercise room. This weekend, I'll get off the bike and incorporate some floor routines. Six straight days of workouts and I feel fantastic. This has been an incredible purchase.

Username: dodger2002
Referral code: ZU88QE
law80
AG
Cross posting this here.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3084359
AggieOO
Not sure if roku has it, but Firetv has the peloton app. One less step if you don't feel like casting.
Boat Shoes
AG
Planning to pull the trigger in the next couple of days. Are there any accessories that I should buy 3rd party rather than the Peloton brand? Mat? Heart monitor?

Thanks! Looking forward to joining the group!
dodger02
AG
I prefer wireless headphones over the wired set that comes with the bike. Any set that's water/sweatproof will work.

Any thin workout matt should work fine. Plenty of cheap options on Amazon. Also, any cheap 2# or 3# weights Should fit in the basket behind the saddle. All of ours around the house did.

The Peloton shoes appear to be mid-priced. I bought my wife a pair of Giro's with the proper Look Delta cleat and saved about $40 over the Peloton shoe.

I got the Black Friday package deal. But if I hadn't, those are the things I'd look for from a third party.
gvine07
AG
Get everything from elsewhere. That was Aggie09Derek's advice to me, and even the salesman in the Peloton store told me I could find everything elsewhere for less $.

I got a "free" pair of shoes because I used a referral code (mine's KFWBU5). Use the code of the poster that made the spreadsheet and get a pair of shoes, but everything else elsewhere.
dodger02
AG
Oh yeah, use my referral code...

ZU88QE
degreedy
AG
For those that got it within the last 30 days, how are you liking it?

we are scheduled for delivery & installation on 1/4, so we will see how this all goes.

I for one am a skeptic, but I'll see what Mrs.NPH- has to say about all this.
dave99ag
AG
We've had ours for about two weeks and am definitely enjoying the rides. I prefer the power zone rides with Wilpers because I prefer looking at my wattage and don't care too much about motivational talk. My wife likes some other guy that's a bit more like spin class. The key is finding the right instructors for your needs and personality. Aside from a few days away, I've ridden every day we've had the Peloton.
dodger02
AG
I'm in love with ours. My first ride was 12/8 and I've only missed two days (I think). My wife was Initially very skeptical but she has more miles than I do.

It's the best money I've spent in a long time. I'm not a runner or cyclist...just an average joe. But I love it.
Bert315
AG
Does anyone here just use the app? I cannot afford the bike at this point and have my bike on a normal Kurt Kinetic trainer. Looking for something to kind of change up my routine. Have the cadence sensors, HR monitor etc so can use that but looking for something a little different.
dave99ag
AG
I don't know how helpful the app would be with a normal trainer. You could match cadence and HR, but not resistance or power.

What are your goals while on the trainer? There are other platforms that don't require a new bike (Zwift, TrainerRoad, etc). Those usually do best with a power meter though.

The Peloton is great for what you can do while on the bike. I think their app is lacking though; at least on Android. I'd hope it would have metrics like Strava (GPS, etc) but it does not. I know they kinda want to become device agnostic, so I'm sure this will happen at some point.
AggieOO
Bert315 said:

Does anyone here just use the app? I cannot afford the bike at this point and have my bike on a normal Kurt Kinetic trainer. Looking for something to kind of change up my routine. Have the cadence sensors, HR monitor etc so can use that but looking for something a little different.

For 100/mo you can have the bike with the monthly app subscription. They have 0% apr for up to 39 months. Basically 60 bucks for the bike and 40 for the subscription.
gvine07
AG
AggieOO said:

Bert315 said:

For 100/mo you can have the bike with the monthly app subscription. They have 0% apr for up to 39 months. Basically 60 bucks for the bike and 40 for the subscription.

#America
Bert315
AG
AggieOO said:

Bert315 said:

Thought about that but the wife is due with our 2nd in February so trying to not add anymore long term committed monthly expenses. I see the app without the bike is $20 a month. I may look at Zwift or trainer road.

I've been doing intervals on my trainer and generally go an hour or so most mornings. Just need something to change things up.
OldArmy07
AG
I used someones promo code to buy one for the wife & I.

Feel free to pay it forward by using mine: UJ77D2
Aggie09Derek
AG
They lowered the app fee to like $13 a month or something. I'm guessing can get a month or two free trial as well.
degreedy
AG
so our bike is coming thursday, but my shoes don't come in til Sunday (ordered mine through Amazon; wife got her peloton ones).

can I use the bike without my click-in shoes or will I mess something up?
txags92
AG
It is possible to ride without them, but it will not be very comfortable and can be unsafe due to the flywheel on the bike. You are better off just waiting to ride until yours get there.
The Pilot
AG
You would need a shoe cage. Probably best to just wait for your shoes.
degreedy
AG
10-4, thanks for the replies
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.