Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,721 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're close to taking the plunge on a Peleton; so hard to get work outs in with two toddlers in the house.

For those that share with your spouse, how easy is it to change the sizing of the bike? I'm 6'3" and she's 5'7" so obviously neither of us have the same bike fit. I'm assuming saddle height and top bar length can be adjusted easily?
mrsbeer05
AG
dave99ag said:

We're close to taking the plunge on a Peleton; so hard to get work outs in with two toddlers in the house.

For those that share with your spouse, how easy is it to change the sizing of the bike? I'm 6'3" and she's 5'7" so obviously neither of us have the same bike fit. I'm assuming saddle height and top bar length can be adjusted easily?
I share with the husband and it is super easy to change settings. I just suggest writing down your settings. I'm 5 ft flat and he's 5' 9" so there is massive adjusting that happens.

Our referral code is SC6NTX, if you do pull the trigger
gvine07
AG
It's easy. I'm 5'9" and my wife is 5'2". We just marked where our spot is - it probably takes 40 seconds to adjust.

We have a 3 year old and 3 month old and we're finally working out again. We used to do CG, but the Peloton is much more convenient with little ones.

If you pull the trigger add me GradyG07 and use my referall code: KFWBU5 (you get a little bonus)
Aggie09Derek
AG
Very easy to change - just moving 3 things that each take less than 10-20 seconds each.

Depth of seat
Height of seat
Height of handlebars
zurcaled11
AG
Reposting the Google Doc of TexAgs handles and Peloton Usernames on this page of the forum.

Quote:

Moved the list of TexAgs Users and Peloton Users to Google Docs. Here is the link.

My referral code is S9CNDG if anyone wants to use mine.
Old Tom Morris
I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'2". Takes me about 30 seconds to change it up. To the point above, handlebar height, seat height, and seat/forward back are the 3 adjustments. Each has one easy handle to loosen to adjust and then retighten. And there are measurement markings for each of the 3 on the bike so that you can quickly go to your usual setting vs having to eyeball/feel your way thru it.
Nitro Power
AG
Anyone interested in joining me for my 150 Saturday? 60 min power zone max ride with Matt Wilpers
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
txags92
AG
That may be doable for me. Will see what that morning brings. If I don't make it, congrats on 150!
dhafling
AG
Looking to buy one. Any thoughts on buying the extended warranty? Would love to us someone's code, but the current promotion doesn't allow it (I tried S9CNDG)

Those that have had a few years, thoughts?
BQ2001
AG
I don't think the biker warranty is needed from what I've read but some people get their money's worth on the tread. For the "works" package that is going on right now you can't use the referral code too.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Bit the bullet on a bike this last weekend... delivery on Saturday. Let the journey begin. Any recommendations for beginner reading/information?
Jethro95
AG
I'm in week 7 (38 rides) and it's been great. I did a few of the intro rides and some different types of classes and then started the Discover Your Power Zones program. I've got one more class to finish that 4 week program and my FTP has improved by over 10%. The one accessory I would recommend is a fan. It really cuts down on the amount of sweat. We got THIS one with a remote from Amazon and put it right in front of the bike aimed through the handlebars. The remote is line of sight so you have to aim it right at the fan. I've been waiting until about 1/3 of the way through each workout to turn it on.

Also if anyone needs a referral code mine is: 8MZR5D
txags92
AG
I would second the Discover your Power Zones program. Matt Wilpers does a great job explaining how power works and how to get the best workout using it as a guide.
Nitro Power
AG
I agree with the above. However, I would try a number of different classes to see who/what you like. I didn't do the discovery power zone classes, I just happened to stumble on to them. That's a majority of the classes I take now.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
dodger02
AG
Just bought ours. My fat ass is going to die.

ETA: Username is dodger2002

Delivery is on 12/6
agsquirrel97
AG
dodger02 said:

Just bought ours. My fat ass is going to die.
Same, and I cant wait.

Delivery on 12/4

User Name: AgSquirrel
Referral 5TYPRY
Jethro95
AG
Jethro95 said:

I'm in week 7 (38 rides) and it's been great. I did a few of the intro rides and some different types of classes and then started the Discover Your Power Zones program. I've got one more class to finish that 4 week program and my FTP has improved by over 10%. The one accessory I would recommend is a fan. It really cuts down on the amount of sweat. We got THIS one with a remote from Amazon and put it right in front of the bike aimed through the handlebars. The remote is line of sight so you have to aim it right at the fan. I've been waiting until about 1/3 of the way through each workout to turn it on.

Also if anyone needs a referral code mine is: 8MZR5D
Big thanks to whoever used my code today. Really appreciate it!
txage2000
AG
I'm in too! Had it for a week. evaldez12
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Arrived Saturday to the house and 3 rides and 2 workouts, I'm OBSESSED! dodger, you'll be fine!!!

username: braunolsen
Referral code ($100 free accessories): 7GQYES
Leander - Ag
AG
Is the current promo a good one? Looking to buy but not sure when is best?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yes. It's better than the normal $100 towards accessories (assuming they still have a Black Friday/cyber Monday deal).
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Mine shows up on Thursday. Excited to get going.

I think the current discount is good through tomorrow but not sure.
dhafling
AG
Mine showed up Sunday... 3 rides in so far... any favorites please let me know. Doing the Power Zone that someone mentioned....

username on peloton dmhafling
referral code : 698VQJ
Nitro Power
AG
It might have been mentioned already, but I would start with Matt Wilpers low impact rides. During those rides he focuses on the fundamentals of riding. That will help you get started on the right foot and not develop bad habits.
Scan Man
AG
My bike was delivered tonight! Just did my first ride, now my wife is trying it out. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it's not hard to see what the fuss is about...

The guys that setup the bike recommended the "Welcome to Peloton" program to get started, so I just finished the first Ally Love ride. Should I stick with those first, or go ahead and move on to the Matt Wilpers Low Impact rides?

Looking forward to the bike!
AggieOO
Wife is going to do a test ride on sunday to be 100% sure before we pull the trigger. I have a question regarding classes. Are there a variety of classes? Wife and I both loathe the stupid spin classes where they have you doing jumps and they scream "up, down, up, down" etc. If you've done spin, I'm sure you know the type I'm referring to. We use to go to spin classes at our gym that were taught by actual road racing cyclists, so the classes were structure for someone who actually cycles, not soccer moms. However, with a 16 month old and a move across town, we canceled our gym memberships.

I'd prefer to get a smart trainer and use zwift, but I know my wife won't deal with setting up and taking down bikes, so the peloton looks like a much more viable option for "us."
txags92
AG
Yes, there is a very wide variety of instructor types. Everything from the "aerobics instructor on a bike" type (that I also despise) to the hardcore power based training of Matt Wilpers or the HR zone based training of Christine (who is a track racer). You will be able to find several that you like, and if they are not doing a live class when you are ready to ride, there is a huge library of their on demand classes to choose from.
htxag09
AG
Surprised there haven't been discussions about the backlash over the latest Peloton commercial.....I'd just like to say I hate people.

Also kind of surprised I haven't seen anything on the latest knock off, Echolon. Saw a commercial for it last night while on my trainer.
AggieOO
i had to go back and watch the commercial to see what all the fuss was about. I laughed. People get fired up about stupid *****

I'm getting ads left and right on FB for echelon.
AggieOO
txags92 said:

Yes, there is a very wide variety of instructor types. Everything from the "aerobics instructor on a bike" type (that I also despise) to the hardcore power based training of Matt Wilpers or the HR zone based training of Christine (who is a track racer). You will be able to find several that you like, and if they are not doing a live class when you are ready to ride, there is a huge library of their on demand classes to choose from.
thanks
Aggie09Derek
AG
Definitely wide variety but in general not very much dancing type stuff like you see for Soul Cycle type classes. Peloton is much more focused on metrics. You will find 3-4 instructors you like and there will be zero chance you could ever even do all the rides they produce even if you tried.
ptothemo
AG
I had the same expectation that it would have come up on here by now, but I am happy that it hasn't. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have just grown completely apathetic towards the "hello internet, what are we offended by today?" crowd. There are some really legitimate things that people could be talking about, but so much time is wasted on talking about every damn thing like it is the end of this ever-so-offensive world. That, and the echo chamber that is all social media is just tiresome.

Probably leaning toward ranting more than I would like but there ya go.
Jethro95
AG
I'm with you. The ad and the reaction to it doesn't affect me at all. My Peloton is convenient and I like doing it so it gets used and I'm getting the results I wanted.
agsquirrel97
AG
Quote:

I had the same expectation that it would have come up on here by now, but I am happy that it hasn't. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have just grown completely apathetic towards the "hello internet, what are we offended by today?" crowd. There are some really legitimate things that people could be talking about, but so much time is wasted on talking about every damn thing like it is the end of this ever-so-offensive world. That, and the echo chamber that is all social media is just tiresome.

Probably leaning toward ranting more than I would like but there ya go.
That is hilarious, I had to look up what the outrage was.

Funny part is I asked my wife last week what she would think about getting a Peloton and she goes into this long story about how during knee rehab the exercise bikes strained her back and was uncomfortable. I let her finish quietly and say, I was talking about for me. She laughs and says hell yeah fatty, get a bike (paraphrased).

FYI, loving it. Only 3 days in but did my first 45 minute live ride. I have a ways to go, but there is no quit in this dude. I see some of yalls PB's and I am embarrassed, but looking forward to a more healthier me.

JeepWaveEarl
AG
Aggie01-you guys will love it!!!! G and I both do....
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.