Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

459,778 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by txags92
gvine07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I got a Peloton today and I just finished my first ride. We have an 8 week old baby so it gives us a nice workout in the house.

Add me: GradyG07

Any tips/tricks are appreciated. I'm hoping to make it part of my regular routine without getting burned out.

Edit: I used Derek's code since I actually know him (total loser btw)
DeLaHonta
AG
Try a bunch of different instructors and class types until you find your favorite. Everyone has their preferences, and you'll enjoy it a lot more once you find yours.

I'm regards to your young babymake good use of those nap times. As soon as they go down, jump on the bike, because you never know when they'll wake up and end your ride. Also, note that you cannot pause the workouts, so if you get off, the clock keeps ticking.

I like the actual classes in the mornings, but I'm also a fan of turning on the TV and doing a "Just Ride" (no instructor, just a black screen and your stats) in the evenings while watching. Makes me feel less lazy.

The running/body weight strength/yoga courses are good too, and they come with the membership, so definitely check them out.

It's amazing how much I hated stationary bikes before I bought the Peloton, but, since I can ride it when it's dark and in any weather, I actually put in more weekly miles on my Peloton than I do on my road bike. I have an indoor trainer, but the Peloton is silent and just more convenient to hop on quickly.
Nitro Power
AG
^
|
|

Well said....

Also, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, power zone training is a good way to get started and continually progress. Here lately I have been doing the "Pro-Cyclist" classes. Christian references several things from the power zone classes, so it works out nicely for me. There are a number of personalities, music genres, class types, and intensities, so you are certain to find something you enjoy.

Also, regardless if you do power zone training or not, definitely try to do at least one 45 minute low impact ride per week. It focuses less on intensity and more on form. Get in the habit of doing that now, and it will help with your efficiency. You will thank me later.

I doubt anyone here really cares, but I have been trying to do my FTP test at the beginning of each month, so I am curious to see where that comes out Saturday.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
XpressAg09
AG
Anybody feel like waking up early on Saturday to get a ride in before College Gameday?
Nitro Power
AG
Always...What did you have in mind?
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
XpressAg09
AG
Robin Arzon 45 Minute Queen Pop Ride? (10.22.2018)

Choose 45 Minutes and Robin, sort by Popular and it's #1.

Press Play at 7:00 am CST and filter by 'Here Now'
Nitro Power
AG
Bookmarked
CBarrett12
AG
Got mine today...used, w/mat, shoes for the wife and I, dumbbells, and heart monitors for $1,600. Plan to give it the first go tonight after the kids are asleep!
Nitro Power
AG
Well....How did it go?
XpressAg09
AG
Just got a reminder that I have an appointment tomorrow at 8:30 with Bobby Garia...have to bail on riding tomorrow, but certainly think I will be able to do some other rides during football season.
gvine07
AG
A stomach virus went through our house this last week. I'm out of shape, sleep deprived, and only got 3 rides in ever.

Should I do the 'Welcome to Peloton Cycling' program, or jump right into the 'Discover Your Power Zones' one?
txaggie05
AG
My FTP warm up and FTP test were the 4th and 5th rides i did after I got my bike...so I think you'll be fine going straight to DYPZ. Matt and Denis are good about focusing on technique in their classes.
Nitro Power
AG
^
|
|

Agree

I took another FTP yesterday my 20 minute ride was 272 and ended up with and FTP of 258. Up from 240 the previous month.
wreckt01
Power zones are great. Have had to take a hiatus....F@&$ Cancer, but hope to be back on after I'm done kicking this things ass.
FTP is also a nice tool to see progress. Take the test, ride for a few months and retake it. I always saw solid gains doing it that way.
XpressAg09
AG
Best of luck to you, bud
gvine07
AG
I'm sorry to hear about that, wreckt01. We're all rooting for you!
aggiedrew08
AG
I've had my bike for about 6 months now and have time to ride maybe 1-2 times a week. Definitely still enjoying it, feel free to add me and I'll work to add those from this thread as well.

Username: Aggiedrew08
montegobay
Howdy. I am thinking about finally getting a bike. Is there a referral code I can use to help one of you out? Can't wait to start this.
Aggie09Derek
AG
E3ND8V

Thanks!
montegobay
Thanks.
The Pilot
AG
We snagged a peloton off Facebook for cheap ($250) last weekend. Old owner said she had good intentions when she purchased but she rarely used it. It's missing the L seat knob but peloton is sending a new one.

Looking forward to trying this out!
Aggie09Derek
AG
$250!?

Could literally turn around and sell it for 5-6x that easily on the buy/sell peloton group.
The Pilot
AG
Yeah, couldn't believe the post when we saw it but that's what we paid. Owner just didn't use it. Not sure why she didn't price it higher.
Nitro Power
AG
Peloton Username?
The Pilot
AG
grillin_runner
jamotoe1
I think I'm finally going to buy one. Anyone want to share their referral code? Thanks!
txags92
AG
jamotoe1 said:

I think I'm finally going to buy one. Anyone want to share their referral code? Thanks!
J4MVDZ

Thanks!
Nitro Power
AG
I thought you disappeared
jamotoe1
Alright, ordered and bike will be delivered Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully I like it.
jamotoe1
Whiskey Jacket said:

I thought you disappeared
I did for the most part. I look at this board from time to time though.
txags92
AG
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.
AgFB
AG
Anyone have issues with their seat squeaking? Driving me insane. I've tightened bolts and tried everything.
XpressAg09
AG
You're sure it's the seat and not a cleat? I've had squeaky cleats that need tightening...but no seat issues.
Jim_jones
Anyone use the treadmill any feedback on that?
Aggie09Derek
AG
I've read nothing but great things on it....it is pricey though
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.