Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Thai tailor coming to Houston and Dallas

27,469 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Red Pear Luke (BCS)
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The tailor that several on this board use will be in Houston and Dallas in September. He will be in Houston the September 3, 4, & 5. Dallas right after that. This is custom, bespoke type of stuff. His prices are much better than you would pay at a tailor here in the US. If I wasn't headed to Hong Kong two weeks after he's in town, I'd be seeing him (actually I still might). Below is his pricing and contact info. Email him and set an appointment if you're interested.

Suits from 420 to 1100
Shirts from 55 to 95
Blazersfrom 220 to 450
Slacks 90 to 150
Tux from 550 to 1150
Jeans 120 to 150

Prices all depending on the material and styles. I will have very large and good collection of samples for everything.

Bobby Garia
bobbygaria at gmail dot com
www.bobbygaria.com
SweaterVest
AG
Thanks. Been hoping someone would share this info after hearing about him on the Houston board. Do you know what his turnaround time is for shirts and slacks?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't. But if you shoot him an email, he'll answer any questions. I've never used him, but he's gotten great reviews here. I've been getting all of my stuff done in Hong Kong since I'm there 4 or 5 times/year.
Stive
AG
Turn around is usually about a month to six weeks later. It's mailed/shipped to you, you go get it pressed and you're off and running.

If you need more stuff between visits, you can always message him, he'll message you some swatches and color options and then, using your same measurements, he'll send you other stuff.

He's typically in the states late August - early September and again in March.
GarlandAg2012
AG
If you have a specific deadline you can also talk to him about it and he will do his best to work with you. My brother and I had our suits for my wedding made by him and requested a deliver by date so we could have alterations made if necessary and they came earlier than promised. Also didn't need any alterations and fit perfectly.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I've got suits, slacks, blazers, and shirts from Bobby...he does great work.

Tell him I sent you!
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm in the market for a blazer so this is good timing. Thanks for the heads up.
ORAggieFan
Does he go outside of TX? Don't see any dates on website.
GarlandAg2012
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Does he go outside of TX? Don't see any dates on website.

Current Schedule
August 20 - Chicago
August 21-22 - NYC
August 23 - Washington D.C.
August 24 - Boston
August 25-26 - Seattle
August 27-28 - San Francisco
August 29 - San Diego
August 30-Sept 1- Austin
September 2 - College Station
September 3-5 - Houston
September 6-10 - Dallas
September 11 - return to Thailand
Zemira
AG
He must have quite a following in Texas to have almost 2 weeks in the state.
Stive
AG
It's pretty much where he started when he got started with these trips and Aggies were/are his primary contacts here. The guy he started with in Texas (if I remember right) was a Texags Varsity guy and started referring him around. It just snowballed from there.
ORAggieFan
Thanks. I may hit him up in San Diego.
Astroag
AG
So how do the final fittings work if he's back in Thailand? Or are there final fittings?

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Aggie09Derek
AG
No final fittings. It is made to your exact size. I did have one thing that had to be remade but that is a rare thing.
Astroag
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

No final fittings. It is made to your exact size. I did have one thing that had to be remade but that is a rare thing.
Thanks!!!

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
mavsfan4ever
AG
Where do you meet him at when he is in your town?
IrishTxAggie
AG
His hotel
mavsfan4ever
AG
How do you find out where that is? I don't see anything on his website. I'm in Dallas
mavsfan4ever
AG
Just re-read the original post. I'm assuming you email him and he tells you where to go?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Email him to set an appointment. He'll give you that details.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Thanks.
AgCPA95
AG
Multiple repeat customer of Bobby's here. Everything I have ordered has fit perfectly

Gator2_01
AG
Stive said:

It's pretty much where he started when he got started with these trips and Aggies were/are his primary contacts here. The guy he started with in Texas (if I remember right) was a Texags Varsity guy and started referring him around. It just snowballed from there.
He did suits for my wedding and my brother's back in the early 2000s and then we lost touch. When I was in London a few years ago he was too and we met up. He and his old partner had parted ways - he kept the UK work and his partner got the US work. I was in a wedding and we wanted custom suits (rugby guys so we're tough to fit off the rack) so Bobby agreed to come if we could get 10 folks to place orders. That was 2012 and he made three stops meeting with some Varsity folks and rugby buddies.

Just so y'all know, he sells the exact same stuff to folks in London for 50-100% more than he charges in the states because they are used to paying for it. If you are the type of person that cannot walk in to a shop and get a great fit off the rack (suits, shirts, jeans, or slacks) then this will ruin you for ever shopping in stores again. Once he has your measurements you can just email him stuff you like and he can have it made.
Highway6
AG
I have appointments in Dallas for my husband and son. Need suits for our daughter''s wedding. One thing he didn't communicate. How do we pay?
Gator2_01
AG
He prefers cash or check because most money transfers like PayPal charge him a huge fee to move the money to his account in Thailand.
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BnEwvt6nW0n
Stive
AG
Ahh Bobby posting my shirt again!

Another reason he's awesome.
aa1101
AG
Anyone have experience for returns? I ordered the last time Bobby was in Houston and all of the shirts came back about 1/2" too short. I'm guessing it was just in error bc everything else fits great, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
aggiejumper
AG
I received 2 suits, 2 shirts, and a sport coat from my first order am am impressed, I was very skeptical so went light on my order. Perfect fit and impeccable finish. If you've never had a custom suit with high arm holes, its worth it to meet Bobby next time he's in the states, so much better look. His clothing puts my other clothing to shame. Ordering more before he even comes back.
Thanks to whomever started him with Texags.

aa1101, I'd email him and ask, he has a following because treats clients right.
Tecolote
AG
One of his suits?

AgLiving06
Stive said:

Ahh Bobby posting my shirt again!

Another reason he's awesome.

That's the same material my MIL used to make the baby bag I use when I'm out with my sons haha.
Canyon99
Too bad he doesn't make it to San Antonio.
Stive
AG
aa1101 said:

Anyone have experience for returns? I ordered the last time Bobby was in Houston and all of the shirts came back about 1/2" too short. I'm guessing it was just in error bc everything else fits great, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I haven't had a return situation but someone over there messed up the monogram on a couple of my shirts one time (just mixed up one of the initials). He asked me to check on shipping price to send it back and when we determined it was going to cost too much to do that, he simply remade he shirts and sent them to me as free replacements.

Customer for life.

I also had a few shirts come back a little snug one time and when he was in town 6 months later I took one of them to our next meeting, he measured it and confirmed that it was a 1/4 or 1/2 inch smaller than what I had ordered.

He threw in an extra shirt and tie on the next order and I haven't had anything not fit perfectly since.

The way I look at it is the prices make it worth it to allow for a mistake when there's only the one time to measure and fit. You run that risk that something might not fit exact every once in a while, but he's so good most of the time that I'm good with allowing a mistake every few years on a shirt or two.

aa1101
AG
Thanks for the replies. I definitely like everything and think it was just a mistake on measurement. It is probably closer to 1" too on the shirts, but the suit is perfect.

That said, I still plan to order more next time he is in town. Very pleased with everything else.
aggiejumper
AG
Canyon, I'm from SA too and just by luck was in Austin the day he was there. He mentioned that if there are enough people to see him, he'd spend a day in San Antonio next spring. Between you and I, that's 2, need 3 or 4 more to commit. Anyone on this board interested? I will ask around my business friends that might be interested also.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.