Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Thai tailor coming to Houston and Dallas

27,615 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Comeby!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Stive said:

Ahh Bobby posting my shirt again!

Another reason he's awesome.

That's the same material my MIL used to make the baby bag I use when I'm out with my sons haha.

I bought it for him at Joann's.
Señor Chang
AG
I'll buy a few things if he comes down to San Antonio
CBarrett12
AG
Got my stuff in last week from Bobby from back when he was in Dallas. Quality work and very precise. Very impressed and the procedure with garments coming all the way from Thailand was surprisingly simple.
aggiejumper
AG
Canyon and anyone else interested, Bobby will be in San Antonio February 25th. I am meeting up with him and anyone else is welcome to schedule an appointment.
Stive
AG
He's in Dallas Feb 18-20
tamu2009
AG
This is the perfect thread revival.. I'm getting married next year and wanted a custom suit for it and some new shirts for work. Timing couldn't be better, thanks for the heads up Stive!
ORAggieFan
Anyone have his full schedule? Don't see it on website.
Rice and Fries
ORAggieFan said:

Anyone have his full schedule? Don't see it on website.
Just shoot him an email (found via his website). Tell him your city and ask him what dates he will be there.

Also be warned, your first time can be interesting since it's almost always in a hotel room. He will have a bunch of cloth swatches to look at.
Rice and Fries
tamu2009 said:

This is the perfect thread revival.. I'm getting married next year and wanted a custom suit for it and some new shirts for work. Timing couldn't be better, thanks for the heads up Stive!
He made my suit for my wedding and it turned out amazing.
Canyon99
Where will he be on the 25th?
Monywolf
Edit - I was responding for College Station.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Stive
AG
If you've never met Bobby you should. Give him a test run with something simple (shirt and a pair of slacks or something). If you like it, he'll be back again late summer or fall and again next spring and you can spring for a bigger haul.

FYI, he WILL try to upsell you if you buy small but he's nice about it and does it in a teasing/pleasant way. Don't feel bad about saying no...he's heard it before. And looking at it from his side, he's flying half way around the world and going city to city for a month; he's simply trying to make a living.

I made the mistake of having my three daughters with me last time. He had them picking out their favorite patterns for my shirts then playing them against me on "why aren't you going to get the one she likes too!" It was well played on his part and my kids had a blast but I ended up walking out with a few more shirts than I had planned!
IrishTxAggie
AG
He'll also keep your measurements on record and you can order more after you receive the first stuff if you're happy with it.
txaggie05
AG
Reached out to him today and got on the schedule for when he's in San Antonio for a suit for my wedding this summer, a blazer and maybe a couple shirts.
IrishTxAggie
AG
If you'd like to look really sharp for you wedding and it's not too much on your groomsmen, try to get them to go in too
Stive
AG
txaggie05 said:

Reached out to him today and got on the schedule for when he's in San Antonio for a suit for my wedding this summer, a blazer and maybe a couple shirts.
What IrishTXAggie said.

There have been several Texags guys that have used him to outfit the whole wedding party. If you and the groomsmen wanted to do it but one of them can't make the fitting just have him go to a local tailor shop for measurements and then send those to Bobby. If I'm not mistaken that's how Bobby originally got connected to Texags (sent Bobby measurements that were taken by someone else and Bobby made the suit and shipped it to him).

txaggie05
AG
No groomsman. 2nd wedding for both of us so we're doing Antigua with just the 2 of us. So I can go all out if I want.
redag06
Prices on the first post stil about the same?
aggiejumper
AG
Yes
_lefraud_
AG
Anyone in Dallas know where he will be at this week?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Email him
Stive
AG
_lefraud_ said:

He's usually at a hotel off the tollway in Plano.
Stive
AG
_lefraud_ said:

He's at the Courtyard by Marriott. Plano Pkwy and Preston
Larry S Ross
AG
So if you do not twitter or Facebook how can you reach him? I sent an email last week on his website but have not had a response. His schedule shows he is in Houston thru tomorrow.
IrishTxAggie
AG
bobbygaria at gmail dot com

If that doesn't work, I've got his # I can PM you assuming it hasn't changed
Stive
AG
He's also easy to find on Facebook (Bobby Garia) and responds quickly to FB messenger.
ORAggieFan
Larry S Ross said:

So if you do not twitter or Facebook how can you reach him? I sent an email last week on his website but have not had a response. His schedule shows he is in Houston thru tomorrow.
He got back to me pretty quickly through the website. I'm meeting him in a few weeks in SD.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Met him today in Houston. Bought some suits and some shirts.

Good, fast, thorough, and good prices.

With respect to the fabrics that he offers, I had some suits done at Harold's in the heights (RIP). He offers the same fabrics for ~ 1/2-1/3 of the price.

Given exactly what he measured, how he measured, and the questions he asked, my expectations are high. I'll post re results when they arrive.
aggiecive
AG
I'm going to meet him tomorrow.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Where in Houston is he today?
Larry S Ross
AG
Hyatt Place Galleria. I Just left. Said he had appointments until 8 tonight. Better call I think he leaves tomorrow.
Larry S Ross
AG
I don't think it has ever been mentioned on threads or even on his website, but he does women's slacks shirts and suits as welll.
ORAggieFan
I'm seeing him Tuesday. Anything specific I should wear or bring?
IrishTxAggie
AG
A pair of slacks and or shirt that you like the fit of

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.