Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Thai tailor coming to Houston and Dallas

27,607 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Larry S Ross
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He had me bring a suit or sport coat I liked the fit.
aggiecive
AG
I didn't bring anything special but he did comment how my clothes weren't fitted properly.
Stive
AG
aggiecive said:

I didn't bring anything special but he did comment how my clothes weren't fitted properly.

When you get your new stuff back, you'll know he was right and there's a strong possibility that you'll never wear the old one again.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Stive said:

aggiecive said:

When you get your new stuff back, you'll know he was right and there's a strong possibility that you'll never wear the old one again.
Just don't go gaining much weight. Your clothes from him will tell you if you're packing on some pounds.
Stive
AG
For sure.
Larry S Ross
AG
Hell when the new stuff comes in 6 weeks it may already be too small for me!
aggiecive
AG
Do you get a heads up that your stuff has shipped or does it just show up on your porch one day?
Monywolf
It will show up a few weeks after you pay.
AgCPA95
AG
aggiecive said:

Do you get a heads up that your stuff has shipped or does it just show up on your porch one day?
He has always used DHL so create a profile on DHL site with your ship to address and you will get email/push notification a few days before it arrives.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
When you are using his website to send money, are you increasing your amount to cover the fees so he nets what the cost was?

I'd like to use a credit card and the total fees are about $60. Does he expect us to cover those fees or does he?
Stive
AG
Kurt Gowdy said:

When you are using his website to send money, are you increasing your amount to cover the fees so he nets what the cost was?

I'd like to use a credit card and the total fees are about $60. Does he expect us to cover those fees or does he?

You'd have to cover those fees. Use a debit card or direct check and there should be no fee.
Larry S Ross
AG
I signed up on transfer wise website for direct transfer. His info auto fills when you enter who to. Asked what I needed to pay him, fill in bank info routing etc and then they do some small deposits you have to confirm. Takes a couple of days.
Only paid what his bill was.
ORAggieFan
Bobby had a hell of a day traveling from SFO you SAN today, but made a trip out to my house to make up for it. Ended up ordering a suit, sport coat, 2 shirts, 2 pants. Looking forward to it.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Got a DHL notification that I should expect a delivery on Thursday. Expectations are high.
Larry S Ross
AG
Same here for a Monday drop.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Wow. Well made suits (better than anything I've gotten off of the rack) and suits and shirts fit very well.

No wonder this guy gets such good reviews. I'll be using him again.

Suit supply prices for suits that exceed Tom James quality and fit.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Would us TexAgs people lead you astray?
Larry S Ross
AG
Our stuff came in two days early. Perfect fit. Quality materials. I am really pleased w sports coat and shirts.
The wife is very happy w her suit and blouse shirts.
Will do again upon his return.
IrishTxAggie
AG
You don't have to wait for his return. He can make you more stuff off of the measurements he already has and send it to you.
Larry S Ross
AG
Shhhhhh! Don't want the wife to know that info. She only went to help me decide materials for me and she ended spending twice what I did!!
aggiecive
AG
I can't for the life of me figure out how to sign up for a DHL account to see pending deliveries. I am going to a wedding this weekend and am hopeful my suit will be delivered in time.
Monywolf
Did you get a text from DHL? It should link directly to your shipment.
aggiecive
AG
I have not received a text but have been unsuccessful at signing up for alerts at DHL. Maybe you don't have to sign up and Bobby plugs in my cell number?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Do you have a tracking #? If so, you can just look up the package location.
Monywolf
aggiecive said:

I have not received a text but have been unsuccessful at signing up for alerts at DHL. Maybe you don't have to sign up and Bobby plugs in my cell number?
This is something Bobby does on his end. You don't have to do anything but get a text from DHL.
ORAggieFan
Out for delivery! Was supposed to be Monday. Have a date with my wife tonight, so this could work great. Was surprised given he hit San Diego so much later than the rest of you guys.
Stive
AG
Got mine Wednesday. Rocked it like usual.
aggiecive
AG
Mine is coming on Monday
ORAggieFan
Got mine Friday. Very impressed with the fit and quality. Already want more shirts and pants.

Out of curiosity, does he email customers when he's coming back to the states?
IrishTxAggie
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Got mine Friday. Very impressed with the fit and quality. Already want more shirts and pants.

Out of curiosity, does he email customers when he's coming back to the states?
Some. I'll be sure to post when he emails me he is coming back. He also has a LinkedIn that he posts his plans on as well as an Instagram. _bg_4eva_ is his Instagram handle.
Stive
AG
And he's on Facebook and announces his travel plans there.

cena05
AG
Can anybody post pics of his stuff?
DollahBillzYo!
eh, im a somewhat of a chunky/tall guy and my stuff just looks big and baggy. now i need to try and find somebody to alter this stuff so it somewhat looks tailored. so much for a good measurement. maybe custom stuff works for slim guys but im about to give up on this custom crap in general.
Stive
AG
My brother in law is 6'4 300lbs, used him for the first time this spring and LOVES it (he wears suits and blazers everyday).

Any chance you lost weight in the last few months? Did you say anything about wanting stuff to fit loosely?

I'm not saying you're wrong but it's definitely out of character for what most people think of his work....and that includes multiple "chunkier" people that I know that use him.
COAg15
AG
Is my best bet coming to Dallas where family is when he's in town? I live in Denver

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.