Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Thai tailor coming to Houston and Dallas

27,589 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Red Pear Luke (BCS)
DollahBillzYo!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm about 260 lbs / 6'4'' so I'm not excessively large or anything. Putting the new slacks on my groin / crotch area is really low - almost looks like a bag down there.

My dress shirts look like i just grabbed the next larger size off the rack - excessive materials on the arms and just a baggy look to it

My blazers do fit pretty good - that was okay.

i haven't lost weight - just feels like putting on a potato sack. I suspect it was the end of the day and his focus was probably not all there. He measured a few times and kept going back again so I'm not sure whats going on.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pass on this guy in the future and will have to state my experience to people at the office. It is disappointing to spend even more money to get a custom fit re-tailored.

That being said, he seems like a good bet for most folks so take it as you will.
IrishTxAggie
AG
**********zYo! said:

I'm about 260 lbs / 6'4'' so I'm not excessively large or anything. My groin / crotch area is really low - almost looks like a bag down there.

My dress shirts look like i just grabbed the next larger size off the rack - excessive materials on the arms and just a baggy look to it

My blazers do fit pretty good - that was okay.

i haven't lost weight - just feels like putting on a potato sack. I suspect it was the end of the day and his focus was probably not all there. He measured a few times and kept going back again so I'm not sure whats going on.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pass on this guy in the future and will have to state my experience to people at the office. It is disappointing to spend even more money to get a custom fit re-tailored.

That being said, he seems like a good bet for most folks so take it as you will.

If the order is truly botched, he will typically correct it. Be it taking care of you when he comes or if you mail the stuff back to him to have it properly altered.

Others on here have had to have things recut.

Aggie09Derek
AG
Contact him - guessing you can get a refund or refit/new clothes.
Stive
AG
Let him know something is off and I'd bet money he makes it right. He messed up something small on mine one time (monogramming) and he made it right and went above and beyond to do so.

I'd put the shirt on and have someone take a picture of it and do the same with the pants. Send him the pictures with a detailed description of what you see are the problems. It's possible that your order measurements got mixed up with some else or that the new seven year old he had sewing that week ( ) messed up and misread his measurements. Be polite about it and see if he'll make it right.

It's tough when he only does one round of measurements and doesn't have a chance to meet with you to confirm things fit correctly.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just got an email from my Hong Kong tailor. He'll be in the US in May. If anyone is interested I'll give you his details. I'd put his quality right up there with Bobby's.

30 APR - MAY 2 San Francisco

2 & 3 Long Beach

3 & 4 San Diego

5 & 6 Houston

7 & 8 ATL

10 D.C

11 NYC

12 & 13 Chicago
Aggie09Derek
AG
How do the prices compare?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm not sure what he'll charge in the states, but in HK I pay ~$30/shirt, $200-250/jacket and $400/suit. I'll email him tomorrow and get a price breakdown.
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B0FVHbml2Xa

Bobby is coming back to the US
MW03
AG
Another endorsement for Garia from me. Especially if you like a slimmer cut but have a larger build. He's worth meeting just for the slacks.
XpressAg09
AG
Bump. He's coming to (several) towns soon.

Hi XpressAg09,
I would like to inform you about my next upcoming trip starting from August 20th to September 15th.
I will come to Houston for August 30th to September 4th. I do not have hotel booking as yet but I'll provide you that information soon.
I would like to ask your help to inform your friends and relatives too and it will be my pleasure to provide them my services.
Here is my itinerary Incase you have other friends or contacts in other cities too.
8/208/22Dallas
8/23San Antonio
8/248/27Austin
8/288/29College station
8/309/4-Houston

I am looking froward to meeting you there soon.

Regards,

Bobby Garia
www.bobbygaria.com
+66896969425
ThreeFive
AG
Has anyone purchased a tuxedo through Bobby? If so, how did it turn out? I've only purchased blazers and slacks through him and the blazers have larger shoulder pads than I was hoping for, although they still fit very well.

ORAggieFan
I'm his first stop in SD, coming direct to my house.
Stive
AG
I've heard of lots of people buying them. One of the main ways he got plugged in with Aggies was making tuxes for a guys groomsmen in his wedding.

Just tell him your thoughts on the shoulder pads and if he can fix it he will. Take that jacket with you to the next meeting and use it for reference.
redag06
Can we get some of the prices folks paid during his last visit ?
Stive
AG
Prices vary based on type of material chosen and (sometimes) how tricked up you want something done. The prices for the material are clearly labeled on the books of cloth you're looking through though so if you're looking at a book of shirt material, you know whether you're looking any $65 per shirt cloth or $85 per shirt cloth.

Shirts run from around $60 up to $90ish.
Slacks are usually around $90 - $100 per pair
I think blazers are $350-500 (broader range because there are multiple material choices

It's been a while since I bought a suit or jeans so I'll let someone else weigh in on those
ORAggieFan
Last time I got the following for about $2000
Suit ($1200)
Sport coat
2 pants
2 shirts

The suit was the most expensive material he had so you can go lower.
The Dog Lord
AG
What are the fabrics like? I like for shirts to be wrinkle-resistant if possible and for pants/jackets to have some stretch to them so that they can have a tailored fit but still let me move comfortably.

I'm also not too big into shoulder padding in jackets since it just makes them feel bulkier. Anyone ever get anything with a leaner cut like that?
BT1395
AG
The Dog Lord said:

What are the fabrics like? I like for shirts to be wrinkle-resistant if possible and for pants/jackets to have some stretch to them so that they can have a tailored fit but still let me move comfortably.

I'm also not too big into shoulder padding in jackets since it just makes them feel bulkier. Anyone ever get anything with a leaner cut like that?
That's exactly how he built a suit for me.
coastalAg
AG
So is the best bet to email Bobby to try and get in in this next trip through Texas? Or do I need to go through somebody that is already connected with him?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just email him and he'll let you know when he's got availability in the city you'd like to meet him in. You'll go to his hotel, you'll pick your fabrics, and he'll measure you. Pay the man and you'll have your stuff via DHL in 4-6wks usually.

Just tell him you're one of the Aggies.
XpressAg09
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Just email him and he'll let you know when he's got availability in the city you'd like to meet him in. You'll go to his hotel, you'll pick your fabrics, and he'll measure you. Pay the man and you'll have your stuff via DHL in 4-6wks usually.

Just tell him you're one of the Aggies.
Can confirm this is how I did it. Haven't met him yet, but he's nice via email and enough guys on here vouch for him that it seems he'll do good work.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Giving this a bump. Bobby emailed me last week and said he'd be in the US around the end of February through mid-March. Once I have his schedule I'll post it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hello,

Good morning!
Good news is that I'll soon be coming to Texas.
I have bought my ticket and I am busy preparing my schedule now.

So far my schedule looks like this-

Dallas-February 17/18/19
Austin February 20/21/22
College station February 24/25
Houston fFebruary 26/27/28/29 and March 1.
After that I'll go northern part of the country.

Some of your friends and contacts may be interested for my services and Please help spread the word to them too.

Looking forward to meeting you there soon.

With regards,

Bobby Garia
www.bobbygaria.com

bobbygaria@gmail.com

+66896969425

Diggity
AG
I had a sport coat made through Bobby to try him out and was pleased with the results. Nice guy.

Coat came back a bit more fitted than I would have preferred but he covered the cost of getting it adjusted.
Stive
AG
So this next time, when you visit him again, take that coat with you and show how you like it to fit or what you don't like. After the second visit when you're using the previous items this way you'll both zero in on what you like.

The fitted styles can also be subject to 1/2 in or 1 inch moves in weight as well which can throw things off.
Diggity
AG
Definitely. I had recently dropped quite a bit of weight when I got fitted last time so the coat I wore was not a great point of reference.
ORAggieFan
Anyone have Bobby's full schedule? He just emailed me when he's near me, but curious the other cities for friends.
AgCPA95
AG
Here is his Texas tour:

Dallas: February 17/18/19
Austin: February 20/21/22
College Station: February 24/25
Houston: February 26/27/28/29 and Mar 1.
After that I'll go northern part of the country.
Square Pair
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bobby's full itinerary

Here is my total itinerary

Feb 17/18/19Dallas
Frb 20/21/22Austin
Feb-23/24/25College station
Feb 26/27/28/29 and Jan 1Houston
March3DC
March 4Boston
March 5Manhattan
March 6/7 Chicago
March 8/9 SEATTLE/ Portland
March10 San Francisco
March 11orange country
March 12San Diego
March 13 to 18 in Dallas
Sarge 91
AG
Just heard from Bobby G. He will be starting a US trip at the end of next month.

How much should I expect to spend for two suits and two blazers?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Following thread. I could use a couple custom suits. I have difficulty fitting in the standard sizes.
Stive
AG
Sarge 91 said:

Just heard from Bobby G. He will be starting a US trip at the end of next month.

Depends on the material but 400'ish for the blazers…800-1200 for each suit.
ORAggieFan
Stive said:

Sarge 91 said:

Depends on the material but 400'ish for the blazers…800-1200 for each suit.

I was about to say this is higher than I've paid, but it's been a few years and given inflation maybe this is right. I was usually under $300 per blazer and $900 per suit for his top of line materials.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Bobby will be in the metroplex around mid-May.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.