Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,115 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AZAG08 said:

jamotoe1 said:

Also, my husband and I really enjoy doing work out classes together when we can so the Peloton would just be a supplemental work out on days our schedules didn't work out to do a class together or to get a quick cardio workout in on days we do something else.

Just get two!
But how can you make the bike the centerpiece of your $2.5 million home when there are 2 of them? Would you have to build a second glass atrium with a view of the swiss alps to put the second one in?
jamotoe1
Aggie09Derek said:

They habe made small hardware tweaks - think on gen 3 or 4 now.

The main thing on current one I think that could be fixed is to have the screen be able to rotate. Would make the bike exercies using the bike's screen easy to do.
That's a big one, having the ability for the screen to rotate. It seems like it would be nice to rotate the screen and use it for some of their off the bike work outs as opposed to have to set up your ipad or something to use their ap when you have the bike right there.
DeLaHonta
AG
I got one of the support reps to mail me the calibration tools for free, and, after recalibrating my bike, my output has changed drastically.

For a ride two weeks ago vs this week, with the same heart rate and length, I'm averaging about 20-30% less output than I used to. For a 45 minute class, I used to do around 650 output regularly, but my most recent two rides after calibration have been 500-515 range.

I guess it's good for it to be more accurate (and the average output now is close to what I get on my actual bike trainer), but I was shocked at how far off my old calibration was. It makes comparing myself to my old rides now useless, so calibrate with caution.
MarineAggie95
AG
I have a neighbor who has theirs and they were getting huge totals for classes compared to where I was and I was higher on resistance and cadence. They ended up re-calibrating his and it is now in line where mine is and I have to say he is not happy with his drop in totals. I told him welcome to the real world.
wreckt01
Yeah, The calibration is weird and somewhat inconsistent. I put out very low totals, lower than people I know beyond any doubt I'm out working. I have a buddy who I can ride into the ground on the trail, but he crushes me ( usually doubles my output) on the peloton. I really just try to focus at beating my own totals. I can measure my own progress regardless.
wilhunting
AG
WTS my very gently used less than 6-month old PELOTON BIKE. I got the PELOTON TREAD also and I use it way more than the BIKE.

Comes with:

LARGE SCREEN
PELOTON MAT
3 LBS PELOTON WEIGHTS
PELOTON PETAL SHOE STRAPS
6 FT CORD

$1,895.00 - CASH, PAYPAL OR ZELLE

EDIT: *NO SHIPPING*
Located in Rockwall, Texas. Will discuss pick-up or delivery options with serious buyer.

chad@savoycompanies dot com
C (214) 477-317 seven
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Bike is all set up. Taking my first ride on it after work.
txags92
AG
Have fun! Let us know your handle when you get it started.
tmas
AG
wilhunting said:

WTS my very gently used less than 6-month old PELOTON BIKE. I got the PELOTON TREAD also and I use it way more than the BIKE.

Comes with:

LARGE SCREEN
PELOTON MAT
3 LBS PELOTON WEIGHTS
6 FT CORD

*LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY*

C (214) 477-317 seven
Post this to the Peloton Facebook page, it will be gone in no time.
Aggie09Derek
AG
tmas said:

wilhunting said:

Comes with:

LARGE SCREEN
PELOTON MAT
3 LBS PELOTON WEIGHTS
6 FT CORD

*LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY*

C (214) 477-317 seven
Post this to the Peloton Facebook page, it will be gone in no time.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pelotonbst/
wilhunting
AG
I'm not on FB...
TexDill15
AG
wilhunting said:

Comes with:

LARGE SCREEN
PELOTON MAT
3 LBS PELOTON WEIGHTS
6 FT CORD

*LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY*

C (214) 477-317 seven
Where are you located?

Edit: What Gen is it? 1 or 2?
wilhunting
AG
EDIT: *NO SHIPPING*
Located in Rockwall, Texas. Will discuss pick-up or delivery options with serious buyer.
wilhunting
AG
Generation 2
wilhunting
AG
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O3RASzw-A2jOlg7KfCN512EgAoxSRi2S/view?usp=drivesdk
zurcaled11
AG
Reposting the list I put together of the TexAgs Usernames and Peloton Usernames I found in this thread for reference. Let me know if you are new to Peloton and want to be added on here.

• TexAgs Name - Peloton Name
  • Easttexasaggie04 - DOUGinTEXAS, Doug7
  • AtlAg75 - AtlantaAggie
  • Wreckt01 - Wreckt
  • Stuckinaustinag -stuckinaustinag
  • DeLaHonta - tape251
  • Tmas - TommieD
  • Thirty-two - thirty_two
  • Mrsbeer05 - DrBeer
  • BQ2001 - BQ2001
  • AgFB - TheRuffRyder
  • jlwalker95 - AggieMarine
  • Rebag00 - AJB2000
  • Reservoir ag - Stimo1979
  • Ftaggie09 - gsprott
  • Txags92 - Txags92
  • Txags92 wife - TXwaterwench
  • Aggie09Derek - AggieDerek
  • MaroonTxAg03 - SC_Ag
  • TXAggie05 - TexAg05
  • YellAg2004 - Spin4BlueBell
  • Na Zdravi 87 - B_radAg
  • XpressAg09 - Bryan09

My referral code is S9CNDG if anyone wants to use mine.
YellAg2004
AG
I don't ride nearly as much as some of y'all on here, but I'm trying to change that.

Username: Spin4BlueBell
easttexasaggie04
AG
We need to just pick a day and time for the group ride. What instructor would yall like to do? Wilpers?
Na Zdraví 87
AG
B_radAg
Nitro Power
AG
Wilpers is my favorite, followed closely by Dennis and Hannah.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Ok, I am a road bike rider but I bought my Peloton for days when I can't get out to ride or inclement weather days.
I like riding outdoors.

I am enjoying the heck out of the workouts but some of those trainers are annoying as hell.
I like Wilpers ok.
My question is that I haven't had enough time to explore all of the options of the bike.
Do y'all have any suggestions other than taking the spin classes. Maybe scenic rides at my own pace and direction as far as HIIT or something?
Just looking for options without having to search.
Thanks!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Try out all the instructors - guessing you will find a few you like more than the rest
txags92
AG
Rest up for a day or two and then do the FTP test to get your power zones set. It is a lot easier to use those zones than to figure out what ranges you should be in using perceived effort. Once you know your zones, you can adjust your workouts to whatever your goals are. Retest every month or two since your FTP will increase over time if you are doing a lot of rides.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Agree - I have really enjoyed doing the power zone classes with Matt & Dennis
DeLaHonta
AG
Check out Steven Little's rides. He stopped being an instructor in 2017, but he is easily my favorite.

He doesn't do any arm workouts, and does a lot of heart rate zone workouts. I find him way less annoying than many of the instructors, who seem to talk endlessly just to fill otherwise dead air. Most of his talking relates to how you should currently be feeling and what's coming up next.

On many of his longer heart rate based rides, he completely stops talking for several minutes and just lets you maintain a pace while the music plays in the background. It's really nice not hearing someone babble on and on for a 60+ minute ride.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
I agree on trying other instructors and getting your FTP test done/zones established. Then you know right where your effort is instead of guessing.

Having said that I personally don't get anything out of the scenic rides at all. It bores me to tears. If you just want to ride to ride then I guess it's a good option, but just not for me.

I use the filters on the on demand rides all the time to cut out classes with arms, instructors I don't like, etc. maybe tinker around with those a little more and see if you find some classes that keep your attention better.
txags92
AG
I like using the scenic rides for recovery, when my legs are trashed and I just want to spin them, but I don't want to do a full class. You can just kind of get on and ride mindlessly without needing to pay attention to an instructor.
XpressAg09
AG
Bryan09
tysker
AG
Pushmonkey making the playlist on a 90s Rock ride with Alex.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Finished the last power zone challenge and have really seen my #'s go up...highly recommend signing up. I did just the 3 days a week one and would mix in another non power zone ride to not have all my rides with Matt or Dennis.
aggiedrew08
AG
Peloton just announced they are moving into Germany later this year.
txaggie05
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Finished the last power zone challenge and have really seen my #'s go up...highly recommend signing up. I did just the 3 days a week one and would mix in another non power zone ride to not have all my rides with Matt or Dennis.
I did the exact same thing. I actually retested like 2 weeks into the challenge and then again at the end and in total my FTP output went up 34% during the course of those 8 weeks. Granted, I was new to all of this so 20% of that came in the first 2 weeks as my technique improved and got acclimated to the bike. I love the fact that
Power Zone training is very data driven and you can effectively measure your progress.
wreckt01
I really like the power zone classes, but haven't tried the challenges yet. I may have to give it a shot.
XpressAg09
AG
How often do y'all do live classes? I feel like we should all try to schedule a ride one day...something tells me we'd hit new personal bests.
zurcaled11
AG
Trying to get back into the habit of riding after a poor showing in May.
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.