Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,660 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
MarineAggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You should be good to stream the classes then. If not we used a Wi-Fi range extender that plugs into an outlet to boost our signal to the bike. That helped as well.
ftaggie09
AG
I would still be careful with this

My biggest complaint with peloton is the class don't load up with a buffer like other streaming services. When you click start the timer and classes starts. There is no pause. If it starts to buffer in the middle of the ride everything stops streaming and you just do whatever on your own until it's back.

I understand live classes are live and couldn't buffer but all of the on demand should be able to do this.

I actually have more issues with the post ride stretches than anything else. Sometimes I may only get 1 minute of the 5 minutes actually streamed to me.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
My biggest complaint is that I don't have higher outputs, more muscle, and more stamina! I have stay at home Moms kicking my butt! Lol. How's that for motivation?!

Really though I agree with the on demand classes though. Seems like that should be doable. I got my bike late October but probably only rode a dozen times or so before the new year. Hit it hard Jan/Feb. I didn't have an issue with the screen freezing until January, and it's probably happened 3 or 4 times. By and large not a big issue for me.
txaggie05
AG
Just pulled the trigger on mine. easttexasaggie04, I used your referral code since this thread is what got me interested.

I've been doing Crossfit over the last 2.5 years but my job has become more and more demanding, and with 3 elementary-aged kids, trying to fit to a set class schedule has not been working out well for me at all. I'm sure I'll still keep up with it a little bit, but I just need something that is always available to me on my schedule. My office has a Peloton in the gym, so I gave it a go and I didn't want to get off of it. I'm kind of taking a step back and re-evaluating my approach to fitness overall and I'm excited about Peloton becoming a big part of it. I'm also hoping this will give my fiancee something that she becomes interested in as well. I bought her a pair of shoes just to see

Username is TexAg05
Aggie09Derek
AG
I bought mine for me and my wife has become addicted as well.

I'm now up to 27 rides and she's at 17 (in like 33 days of having it).
txaggie05
AG
Bike was delivered yesterday. Have gotten 4 rides in (combo of 10 min low-impact/warm up and 20 min classes). Jumped into the latest Power Zone Pack challenge on FB so I did my FTP warm up and test today since I'll be out of town all week for spring break. That was...fun.
reservoir ag
AG
Awesome!

I am signed up for this upcoming Power Zone challenge as well. I like the idea of having a plan in place for a while and to see what kind of progress I can make.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Fun is one way to put it!

I retested recently but haven't ridden at all over the past few weeks. I'll be back in next week but then out of town for a week with work.

I'm going to be struggling with my zones for sure.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Finally going to test ride one at the store in Asstin this Friday.
zurcaled11
AG
I've done 9 days in a row - typically just 20 minute classes. Definitely trying to make it part of a routine helps.
Aggie09Derek
AG
37 rides in (56 total workouts).

Just started the power zone 8 week challenge that started this week.
BQ2001
AG
I've been struggling to find time to get on the bike since I'm in the peak of marathon training but have done a couple low impact rides on shorter run days. What I have been using a lot of are the run classes (Becs Marathon Prep) for speed work and meditation classes at night and those have really help me sleep. My wife has done a couple rides though and once school is out she has a goal of riding every day.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Delivered yesterday. The 4 of us (have 2 teenage girls) have all completed a workout on both days so far. We'll see how fast the new wears off, but encouraging start.
Diggity
AG
Oops. Isn't it better to ask for forgiveness than permission?

Quote:

A lawsuit seeking damages of more than $150 million charges Peloton with using unlicensed music in its video workouts

The suit says the fitness company is using more than 1,000 unlicensed songs

Artists whose work is involved include Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/peloton-lawsuit-fitness-company-sued-for-stealing-music/
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yea I saw that article. Wonder how they'll handle that?
Diggity
AG
I'm sure they'll reach some kind of settlement. For what Peloton charges per month, they should be able to cover music royalties if all can agree on a fair price.

Na Zdraví 87
AG
Ok. Did the test ride. Loved it. Bought one. AggieDerek, I used your code.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

Ok. Did the test ride. Loved it. Bought one. AggieDerek, I used your code.

Thanks man....did my first 60 minute ride today - slowly getting into better shape.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I still think we should do a TexAgs group ride one morning. I know it would be impossible to get everyone together, but we could get a few of us! Let me know when and I'm game!!
MaroonTxAg03
AG
I'll join in if it's pacific time zone friendly!

On vacation starting next Friday for over a week though.

Come on Cabo!!!
txaggie05
AG
I'm in...

Plus I know several of us are doing the Power Zone Challenge and could set up TexAgs live rides for the any of the 3 rides per week that everyone has to do
txaggie05
AG
Also, I'm completely hooked to this thing and am so glad I took the plunge. I got mine on 3/6 and went on vacation the whole week of spring break, so I've effectively had it for 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks, I've done 14 rides, which does include a few warm up/cool down rides. But the flexibility this has given me in choosing when I want to/can get in some exercise given my work schedule and keeping up with kids' schedules cannot be understated.

Also getting the shoes for effectively $25 by using a referral was clutch. So if there is anyone else who is on the fence or about to take the plunge, my referral code is 8BEVUC

My leaderboard name is TexAgs05
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I'm in too. Mine is being delivered April 4th. I'll post my username at that time. I'm ready!
Aggie09Derek
AG

In Terrance Murphy's badass new office
BQ2001
AG
Needs some cable management. That would drive me nuts.
txags92
AG
He is going to want a fan in there somewhere too.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Got mine 1 wk ago. Never took a spin class in my life. Bought it kind of on a whim. In 7 days that I have had it, I've been on 16 rides and have rode 90+ digital miles. This is addicting.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Mine arrives this Thursday!
jamotoe1
I've been wanting to order one for a while but what is holding me back is the fact that they haven't updated the bike in a while. I just hate making the investment is something that's essentially technology and hasn't been updated in a while. I'd be rather annoyed if I bought the bike, then they announced some new updates 6 months later.

Also, my husband and I really enjoy doing work out classes together when we can so the Peloton would just be a supplemental work out on days our schedules didn't work out to do a class together or to get a quick cardio workout in on days we do something else.

I guess I'm sorta talking myself out of it, but want to get it at the same time. Anyone else on the fence?
Diggity
AG
The technology for spinning bikes isn't overly complex so the bike itself doesn't (likely) need an overhaul every few years.

I would imagine any updates to the screen software can be done with OTA firmware upgrades.

Sonos always had a similar model. Update the software and firmware but continue to support the older products. I could see a smaller company like Peleton doing the same. Why spend money on a bunch of different models when Gen 1 is selling well?
AZAG08
AG
jamotoe1 said:

Also, my husband and I really enjoy doing work out classes together when we can so the Peloton would just be a supplemental work out on days our schedules didn't work out to do a class together or to get a quick cardio workout in on days we do something else.

Just get two!
Aggie09Derek
AG
They have made small hardware tweaks - think on gen 3 or 4 now.

The main thing on current one I think that could be fixed is to have the screen be able to rotate. Would make the bike exercies using the bike's screen easy to do.
Diggity
AG
Gotcha.

Not surprised to hear they're making small changes based on input/experience.
TexasAggies06
AG
Just got mine on Friday and am loving it so far. My username there is the same, TexasAggies06.
txags92
AG
jamotoe1 said:

I've been wanting to order one for a while but what is holding me back is the fact that they haven't updated the bike in a while. I just hate making the investment is something that's essentially technology and hasn't been updated in a while. I'd be rather annoyed if I bought the bike, then they announced some new updates 6 months later.

I guess I'm sorta talking myself out of it, but want to get it at the same time. Anyone else on the fence?
Honestly, unless somebody comes up with something game changing, there really aren't big leaps left in the technology of the bike itself. As others have said, they are constantly tweaking the software and can push updates to that online. I do notice that the flatscreen on ours that we bought at the end of December is much larger than the ones you can see on some of the older on-demand videos, but it is probably as large as I would want it at this size, and I can't imagine that they would find a need to go any bigger in the near future. My wife and I also do classes at the gym together and ride outside together. For me, the selling point of the peloton was the convenience of doing a class whenever I wanted without having to head to the gym at a set time. One of the things I didn't think I would appreciate as much as I do is the ability to step off the bike, stretch, walk to the bathroom, strip off my ride clothes, and step right into the shower.
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.