Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

459,821 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by txags92
MaroonTxAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Works on the hyperlink posted.

That garage is amazing man!!!

Heard great things about the tread as well.
easttexasaggie04
AG
My favorite instructor was Steven Little. Go back and do some of his On Demand Endurance Rides if you are getting bored with the current crew.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Wrong emoticon! Oops
easttexasaggie04
AG
Garage envy!

I tried a tread at NorthPark in Dallas. It's awesome! But running outside is just so dang convenient. You'd think biking outside would be but drivers are just too careless.
DeLaHonta
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

My favorite instructor was Steven Little. Go back and do some of his On Demand Endurance Rides if you are getting bored with the current crew.
Steven Little is the only instructor who can keep me interested for the 60+ minute rides. I like other instructors for shorter HIIT style rides, but not the longer ones.

I think they brought on Dennis Morton to fill Steven's style when he left, but Dennis just isn't the same for me.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yep, same here. While Steven Little was still with Peloton 90% of my rides were with him and the rest with Wilpers. I tried Dennis but didn't really like him as much. Now it's mostly Alex for me. But I still dig in the archives and ride old SL rides.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Never had Little, but with the PZ training I've been doing I've come to appreciate the balance of personality and technical training Dennis brings to the table. Math doesn't quite have as much personality but makes it up in his overall geekiness on form/technique/science in the PZ training.

Only rode like 12 rides in Nov/Dec after getting my bike in late October. Rode 30 days in Jan, took my FTP test again, and gained another 25% (up 50% from my first weak ass test). I've got a long way to go, but it's neat to actually see myself getting stronger by the week on the bike.
Aggie09Derek
AG
This thing is addicting. 11 rides since I got it on Jan 30th.
AgFB
AG
I could start a entire thread called Denis Bro Jokes
Aggie09Derek
AG
Is there no way to search for artists/songs via the website or app? I know you can do it on the bike itself.

I try to plan which workout i'm gonna do next before getting to the bike.

MaroonTxAg03
AG
Seeing some of you guys racking up miles this month! Took a few days off Sun/Mon and felt like a slug so I got back in it last night. Feel so much better this AM. Keep pedaling!
txags92
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Yep, same here. While Steven Little was still with Peloton 90% of my rides were with him and the rest with Wilpers. I tried Dennis but didn't really like him as much. Now it's mostly Alex for me. But I still dig in the archives and ride old SL rides.
Man, I listened in while my wife took one of Alex's classes, and neither of us thought much of him. I haven't tried any of the male instructors classes myself yet, but so far my favorites are Emma, Jess, and Christine. I do tend to ride slightly higher than their typical resistance ranges, but the class structures are good and I like their playlists typically.
easttexasaggie04
AG
It's so subjective. Almost everybody I know who rides the bike has a different favorite instructor. My favorite was Steven Little, but my good friend couldn't stand him.
txags92
AG
It is no different at our gym. Everybody has favorites and ones who just turn them off. One of my favorite instructors ever was a guy who really tried to get in the classes' head and make us question whether we were going hard enough. For me, it always made me go harder and get more out of the workout. For my wife, she often took it as personal criticism and didn't like him nearly as much.

Both of us teach classes at our gym where we clearly tell people what is coming so they know when and where to go harder. People tell us all the time that they like knowing what is coming up next. Other instructors at our gym just make changes almost at random without giving you any kind of roadmap, and you never really know if you have 30 secs of hard work left or 5 mins. I find it makes me hold back in those classes when I should be going harder. But other people seem to like not knowing where they are going next and enjoy the "surprise me" type classes.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Agree on this. I like Jess okay. I personally can't deal with Ally or Christine because they make cougar eyes at the cameras like they're trying to seduce someone through the tablet and it drives me nuts. I'm good with Alex. My wife can't stand Wilpers but likes Alex and loves Dennis. It's just like anything else....people respond to coaching and are motivated differently. I like that they've got such a large variety though.
aggiedrew08
AG
Just got my bike delivered today, the crew was informed and friendly. Can't wait to get riding soon!
BQ2001
AG
I like the rides with Jennifer Jacobs and stick with those for the most part, with some Hannah mixed in.

On the digital app, I've been doing runs with Becs Gentry for speed and marathon pace work. I find it is a lot easier to push myself doing one of the classes with her. Also, I've been doing a 5 minute sleep meditation class as I'm going to sleep and man I have been sleeping great.
MarineAggie95
AG
Those sleep meditation ones really do the trick. My wife puts them on and I listen to them and I am out like a light.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I love the outside run audio. I wish they had more of those. It's a pretty cool idea to spice up your running routine.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Hadn't checked in to the outside run or sleep meditation things yet, will have to soon! I HAVE checked in to JJ's love of showing cleavage as much as possible, and I approve of her message.

Has anyone focused on climb rides? My goal is to be able to get out and legitimately ride up AND down these mountains that are all around me soon. I was a far cry away from that last summer. Not sure if I'm better off focusing on gaining power with PZ training or mixing in these climb rides?
tamuags08
AG
https://www.clickhole.com/an-authentic-experience-peloton-is-manufacturing-an-in-1832533961
txags92
AG
MaroonTxAg03 said:

Hadn't checked in to the outside run or sleep meditation things yet, will have to soon! I HAVE checked in to JJ's love of showing cleavage as much as possible, and I approve of her message.

Has anyone focused on climb rides? My goal is to be able to get out and legitimately ride up AND down these mountains that are all around me soon. I was a far cry away from that last summer. Not sure if I'm better off focusing on gaining power with PZ training or mixing in these climb rides?
Climbing is all about power to weight ratio. Either increase your power or decrease your weight. Preferably both. If you have long steady climbs around you, you are better working on steady endurance power and raising your threshold power. If you have short punchy climbs and rolling hills, you may be better off working shorter higher intensity intervals and getting better at recovery
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Thx for the advice! Definitely need help with long steady climbs to get up these mountains around me. I think the climb rides can help me with that. Gonna give it a try.
zurcaled11
AG
Ours arrived yesterday. I had to order the look delta cleats that should come today and will hopefully get my first ride in tonight. Username Zurcaled11.
zurcaled11
AG
Also I put together a list of the TexAgs Usernames and Peloton Usernames I found in this thread for reference. My referral code is S9CNDG if anyone wants to use mine.

• TexAgs Name - Peloton Name
  • Easttexasaggie04 - DOUGinTEXAS, Doug7
  • AtlAg75 - AtlantaAggie
  • Wreckt01 - Wreckt
  • Stuckinaustinag -stuckinaustinag
  • DeLaHonta - tape251
  • Tmas - TommieD
  • Thirty-two - thirty_two
  • Mrsbeer05 - DrBeer
  • BQ2001 - BQ2001
  • AgFB - TheRuffRyder
  • jlwalker95 - AggieMarine
  • Rebag00 - AJB2000
  • Reservoir ag - Stimo1979
  • Ftaggie09 - gsprott
  • Txags92 - Txags92
  • Txags92 wife - TXwaterwench
  • Aggie09Derek - AggieDerek
  • MaroonTxAg03 - SC_Ag
  • TXAggie05 - TexAg05

wreckt01
Awesome to see some new additions. I may be slow, but at least I'm old!
Na Zdraví 87
AG
ftaggie09 said:

Looking at getting one my only concern is my internet sucks. Live where satellite internet is my only opinion. Can you download the in demand classes?
I'm scanning through this thread while I still decide and saw this. Didn't see that it ever got answered. My only option too where I live is satellite internet. I'm worried that might be a problem with the live classes.

ftaggie09, I see your name listed above now as an owner/rider. How is the satellite internet with live classes?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Share your speed results from www.speedtest.net
ftaggie09
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

ftaggie09 said:

Looking at getting one my only concern is my internet sucks. Live where satellite internet is my only opinion. Can you download the in demand classes?
I'm scanning through this thread while I still decide and saw this. Didn't see that it ever got answered. My only option too where I live is satellite internet. I'm worried that might be a problem with the live classes.

ftaggie09, I see your name listed above now as an owner/rider. How is the satellite internet with live classes?
I switched to ATT Fixed Wireless internet when it became available in my area as an alternative to Satellite Internet. It works great on it. I don't think it would've worked on Satellite the Ping time is to long.

I have had only minor things with connection and they were all with On Demand Classes. The few Live Classes that I have done (5 Live Classes) have all worked flawlessly.

Short Answer. I don't think it will work on Satellite Internet, main concern is the Ping.
MarineAggie95
AG
You and me both.
MarineAggie95
AG
We had the same concern for we had rather low download speeds (10 on down) before they upgraded the tower for our line of sight it was only a problem a few times on both live and on demand classes.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
MaroonTxAg03 = SC_Ag
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Unfortunately where I live I can't switch to anything else. I'll run a speedtest.net this evening then share. Thanks for the replies.
BQ2001
AG
Are you able to stream Netflix or Hulu content? The bandwidth needed for those is pretty much identical to what you need for something like Peloton. If you can get 10-15Mbps you should be good, maybe with occasional pixelation but audio will likely be good. Usually the issue with satellite is the upload speed, which isn't as important when streaming content.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
As a matter of fact, I am able to stream Netflix.
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.