2022 Ford Lightning

21,628 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieMPH2005
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.ford.com/f150-lightning/?intcmp=hp-bb-f150-lightning

"Nearly thirty years after its introduction in 1993, the Ford F-150 Lightning is living up to its name reborn as an all-electric pickup. Ford promises better performance than the last supercharged V8 Lightning from a dual-motor, all-wheel-drive electric drivetrain, along with the ability to power a home and over-the-air updates to improve performance further. Expect range figures similar to the Mustang Mach E that clocks in at over 300 miles of range. The full reveal will happen May 19."

(searched and didn't see any other posts about this)
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
MSRP? $80k+?
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm really curious to see about this. I think the naming of this one fits really well. I bet you can't touch one for less than 85k though
Silvy
AG
K Bo said:

Ford promises better performance than the last supercharged V8 Lightning)
Even after just 20 years of R&D? Shocking
jbeaman88
AG
From the front
GAC06
AG
Sounds like a flop waiting to happen. Worse performance than cybertruck and the other coming electric trucks (supposedly) plus a lot of their core customers aren't big fans of EV's
Lynch
I dunno, I'm intrigued by it.
CrottyKid
AG
True, but the cybertruck looks like a Playstation 1 rendering.
Rice and Fries
GAC06 said:

Sounds like a flop waiting to happen. Worse performance than cybertruck and the other coming electric trucks (supposedly) plus a lot of their core customers aren't big fans of EV's

Agreed. My 07' Tahoe gets 14MPG on the highway. Even if I'm driving 80+ on the highway and burning fuel at a lower MPG - I still get way more than 300 miles per tank.
555-PINF
Lunchbox front end and a fleet side bed. If they'd do a Gen1 style reboot, I'd be all over it. I'd love a single cab truck with a great suspension that will handle the backroads way better than a Gen2.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Lynch said:

Bruhhhhh where you been???
Lynch
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Lynch said:

Bruhhhhh where you been???

Around lol!
JobSecurity
AG
If this is reasonably priced (lol) it might be my next purchase. Given all the other electric trucks are 80k I don't expect this to be reasonably priced
BigRobSA
This might be the only way to get some rednecks and other truck enthusiasts into an EV.

"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
JobSecurity
AG

Reveal is supposed to be tomorrow but here are first full pics
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
JobSecurity said:

Reveal is supposed to be tomorrow but here are first full pics
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Looks like the other f150's so not surprising
Interested in the specs and pricing
AggieKatie2
AG
Blah
03_Aggie
AggieKatie2 said:

Blah

Agreed. Can't believe they didn't go with a design sketched out by a 3 year old in art class.
planoaggie123
AG
Seems like the new thing is to add additional lights on the front of electric cars to highlight how electric they are....
redag06
Why are the wheels on EV's always so awful?
tk for tu juan
AggieKatie2 said:

Blah

It was a mistake putting it near the Raptor, like putting broccoli next to a plate of brisket and brownies
AggieKatie2
AG
tk for tu juan said:

AggieKatie2 said:

Blah

It was a mistake putting it near the Raptor, like putting broccoli next to a plate of brisket and brownies

Reminds me of an expedition.
Cardiag
AG
Only one of those three says 'Merica. That being said, I don't do much long haul towing and the Lightning could be right up my alley. Need a little more detail on the front end though. Looks a little bare other than the massive light bar.
Silvy
AG
Probably not the best marketing strategy for truck buyers lol
ElephantRider
AG
redag06 said:

Why are the wheels on Ford trucks always so awful?

FIFY
ElephantRider
AG
This is what I've been waiting for: an EV truck that looks like a truck. I don't know why it's been so difficult.

Cybertruck looks like they asked a kid to draw what he thinks cars will look like in the future. And also the kid sucks at drawing.
Silvy
AG
ElephantRider said:

redag06 said:

Why are the wheels on Ford trucks always so awful?

FIFY

GarlandAg2012
AG
That style of wheel is very common on EVs due to the need for drag reduction to extend range.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
cledus6150
AG
Man I miss my lightning, I had a lot of fun in that thing in High School!

Jaydoug
AG
300 mile range?
Is it a 150 mile range with a lawn mower in the bed?
Is it a 75 mile range towing an empty 12ft trailer?

Gotta see the whole story.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Tech specs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15hPrCLPbW1ba59gFCGaF6FpaJ3sE6WOs/view?usp=drivesdk
AggieKatie2
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Tech specs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15hPrCLPbW1ba59gFCGaF6FpaJ3sE6WOs/view?usp=drivesdk
Thanks 1ags

Those charging and range numbers.....woof

For comparison...Model Y Long-Range was 316 mpc at release and on a 32a/240 outlet gets 30 mph

Lightning is 230 (standard) and 300 (extended) mpc and 13/14 mph on 32/240 outlet
rgag12
AG
Is it just common sense that if you buy an EV that you'll automatically purchase a level 2 charger? I like how that fact sheet doesn't even try to say how long it's take to charge using Level 1.

I know several people that went back to gas-powered cars because the charging their Tesla's was inconvenient, and they didn't want to have any anxiety about their charges.

I don't see EVs really taking off until they make charging and range better.
AggieKatie2
AG
rgag12 said:

Is it just common sense that if you buy an EV that you'll automatically purchase a level 2 charger? I like how that fact sheet doesn't even try to say how long it's take to charge using Level 1.

I know several people that went back to gas-powered cars because the charging their Tesla's was inconvenient, and they didn't want to have any anxiety about their charges.

I don't see EVs really taking off until they make charging and range better.

Just an assumption...

Using my MY as comparison...it would get 5mph on 120v, so I'm guessing you would get 1.75-2.5 mph on F150 which is probably why they didn't list it.

If this is the best Ford can do with their flagship vehicle, I think they are about to get stomped by everyone else on the EV side.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.