2022 Ford Lightning

21,939 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieMPH2005
IWannaGoFast1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

I would imagine if anything breaks it will be much more expensive to fix than a traditional vehicle.

That's what the warranty is for.
AggieMPH2005
I read this article today that states that Lightning production is only going to be 15,000 units next year.

https://electrek.co/2021/08/23/ford-doubles-electric-f-150-lightning-production-plan-and-its-still-not-enough/

I reserved mine on 5/26 which makes me think that it will be late 2023 and probably 24 before I could get mine.

Does anyone have any better information? I hate to just rely on Elektrek reporting as some of their reporters are pro Tesla and anti everything else
EMY92
AG
I saw an article this morning that Ford plans to double planned production from 40,000 to 80,000 in 2023. They were surprised by demand.
NWE
AG
I reserved mine 5/20 and am looking forward to it, buuuuuut I wonder if I could sell my reservation to someone who wants it more than me.
ABATTBQ11
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AggieKatie2 said:

evan_aggie said:

AggieKatie2 said:

chimpanzee said:

evan_aggie said:

Even if this ends up being a mediocre success, this seems poised to crush any attempt from Rivian to establish themselves.

More importantly, I don't see how the Cybertruck has any chance of long term success. The Ford is an actual truck. The Cybertruck looks like a gimmick for an old guy driving around in downtown Austin.
I'll stack my hatred of Austinites peacocking through life against anyone, but I am getting old and weird enough that a Cybertruck is starting to make sense.

Not an austinite, but I think I'd probably qualify as a Tesla fanboy to most around here.

Entry level F150 vs Cybertruck...pretty close. Each has its pros and cons.

Platinum vs Tri Motor Cybertruck....Cybertruck blows it away $10k+ less.
Okay. To each their own. The Tesla sedan and suv line up all looks reasonable and basically an iteration of a traditional sedan. The Cybertruck looks like a joke, and if you disagree with that, then by all means...buy 2 Cybertrucks!

I was told the Pontiac Aztec was actually an engineering marvel of cool features, but who in crap wanted to be caught driving one.

Looks matter...no disagreement.

Performance wise top trim....no contest

0-60: 4.5 vs 2.9
Range: 300 (extended) vs 500+
Charging Time: Tesla
Clearance: 9.4 vs 16
Bed size: 5.5 vs 6.5
Towing: 10k vs 14k+
Price: 90k vs 70k (80 with FSD)

The problem is that Tesla has yet to deliver on those performance specs and price range. If they deliver like they have in the past, it will be another year before they actually roll out production models, no matter what Elon is saying now.

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/vehicles/tesla-cybertruck-loses-advantage-electric-trucks/amp

Looking like late 2023 for production. Called it.
AggieMPH2005
Just registered for the Dallas preview event on October 20th.

Pretty excited to see it
aggieforester05
AG
AggieMPH2005 said:

Just registered for the Dallas preview event on October 20th.

Pretty excited to see it
Where's that, I can't find it via duckduckgo? Do you get to drive it?
AggieMPH2005
It's at AT&T stadium. You have to have a lightning reservation number to get in and get an invite in order to pre register.

https://forddrivetour.com/F-150Lightning/

aggieforester05
AG
Thanks, registration is full
AggieMPH2005
Just finished my ride in the Lightning Pro with extended range battery. Holy hell it was fast.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.