Landcruisers

533,095 Views | 3538 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Centerpole90
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Annual Padre Island National Seashore trip. Barely got a day in before they closed beach to vehicular traffic, second day was a pain but they let us walk to beach from the visitor center. No ideal, still enjoyable.

Installing a new front skid plate this week, original a bit rusty. Considering a rear bumper, no need for it - just because. Had been shopping 200 series Land Cruisers with the idea I maybe don't have a car and a Land Cruiser, maybe just go to one car and it be a nicer newer LC - but after driving this down to Padre and back at 90 mph loaded with gear, running quiet and trouble free at 214K miles on the odometer, I guess it would be dumb to let this one go. I got it cheap and despite some rust it's served me well.

reddog90
AG
Running boards off. Boy approves.

Aggiehunter34
S
Curious what you guys think a 2002 LX 470 with 180k miles in good condition would be worth. I have my eye on one that is $7500. It has zero modifications. Front drivers seat needs new leather. KBB doesn't seem to be a good measure of value.
Complete Idiot
Aggiehunter34 said:

Curious what you guys think a 2002 LX 470 with 180k miles in good condition would be worth. I have my eye on one that is $7500. It has zero modifications. Front drivers seat needs new leather. KBB doesn't seem to be a good measure of value.
Clean carfax?

You can go to the "lexus owners" website, enter the VIN, and see what options it had when ordered and also it's service history (if serviced at Lexus, which would be a plus).

One owner, clean, no rust, no accidents, good service history, desirable color - up to $9k maybe. No rust, no accidents, but maybe some wear and tear, multiple owners, and unknown service history, $7k. RUsty and snorkeled with a No Fear sticker, $5K.
Aggiehunter34
S
Great summary! The exterior is in excellent condition and the interior is as well but has wear on the drivers side seat. It's a 2 owner well maintained vehicle. It's black and never been in an accident. At $7500 may not be as good of a deal as I was thinking. I might be able to work that down some.
Complete Idiot
I know in the Land Cruisers it did not get a 5 speed until 2003, and that is viewed as desirable as the 4 speed is a bit doggish. But it all depends on how you'll use it and what you want out of it.
aggiepaintrain
AG
if timing belt and water pump has been done recently and it has no rust underneath, and does not need tires, $7500 is a good price
TSJ
AG
Saw this FJ60 yesterday and had to get a pic.

coastalAg
AG
Any tips for a first time Land Cruiser buyer? Will be using it as a part time commuter and kid hauler, but want to be able to get out and explore with the family as my boys are getting older.

I love the idea of getting a 100 series, but seems most of those are all North of 200k already. Wanting something I can drive for a while.

Any tips on what to look for or where to start are appreciated.
aggiepaintrain
AG
what's your budget coastal?
reddog90
AG
Big refresh milestone done thanks to my friend Steve at Northwest Design & Fab https://northwestdf.com/

Cooling System
Aisin water pump from Rock Auto
Toyota thermostat, housing, gaskets, oil cooler pipe bolts, radiator cap, and fan belt sourced from EB Toyota Parts
Overland Metric thermostat housing bolts
Toyota heater valve, oil cooler piping kit, and radiator union pipe from City Racer
City Racer stainless double wire hose clamps
$OR radiator hose kit
All new Gates hoses
Radiator was sent to Downtown Radiator here in Houston - cleaned, pressure tested, soldered, sealed and repainted
Cooling system flush and refill with Valvoline Zerex

Parking Brake
Cruiser Outfitters Jap shoes and OEM hardware kit
Valley Hybrids rear double seal output housing

Steve took care of numerous other smaller for me items as well. The truck is about dialed in and ready for my trip to CO this fall.

If yall are in Texas or especially the Houston area, look to Steve for quality work on your classic 4x4. He's forgotten more about cruisers than I'll ever know but he will work on other vehicles as well.

coastalAg
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

what's your budget coastal?
Nothing firm, but would like to stay below 20 for something that is solid mechanically and I can put some money into over time.
lp01
AG
I purchased my 100 series last August, and managed to find a deal. Got a 2005 LC with under 100k miles and under $20k. I just kept looking at the different car purchasing sites, and set alerts. This one just happened to be a trade here in San Antonio and jumped on it. There are some out there with lower mileage under 200k, but prices are up. Keep an eye on all of the sites and forums, and be ready to jump. The day we bought mine we were number two in line to test drive and four other people came in after us.
coastalAg
AG
Looks like this is what I will do. Have some alerts setup for Landcruisers and LX470s. Will see what turns up!
MR Gadsden
Pig got an oil change and a bath today.

reddog90
AG
This Hagerty magazine is a couple months old, but I just looked through it and thought this was an interesting article.

CaptnCarl
AG
I apologize if this has been discussed, but does anybody know if the diesel Land Cruiser 70 can be imported to the US? These things are sweet.

reddog90
AG
I'm not up to snuff on import rules, but I believe it has to be at least 25 years old. Check out https://www.instagram.com/fitgarage/?hl=en
K Bo
AG
drool
Centerpole90
AG
What a time machine...

how about that picture gallery... last picture has note: "+518"
K Bo
AG
yep, one of my favorite things about BAT is the, usually, very detailed pictures
drumboy
AG
K Bo said:

drool

Yes, it's mint, but already way into nice 200 series price range. Don't get it.
DeadCiv
AG
drumboy said:

K Bo said:

drool

Yes, it mint, but already way into nice 200 series price range. Don't get it.
With 39k miles, it's "collectable". A shame, really.
remko12
AG
Any chance you want to sell that 06 LX you picked up? Been in the market for a while and no luck. Or if you know anyone that has an 06-07 LC or LX let me know.
reddog90
AG
MTTANK said:

You ready to get rid of that thing yet??
Yes. You want it?
reddog90
AG
aTm2004 said:

I really hate you when you post pics of that thing. And by hate, I mean have an uncomfortable jealous rage.
It could be yours. She needs a new home.
Aggietaco
AG
You get a fancy new 200 series and you're ready to dump your 40 just like that?
reddog90
AG
Aggietaco said:

Ha, no not at all. I love my 200 but it will never take the place of a classic cruiser in my garage.
Aggietaco
AG
reddog90 said:

Aggietaco said:

Ha, no not at all. I love my 200 but it will never take the place of a classic cruiser in my garage.
So... have your eye on something else?
End Of Message
AG
Price and pictures of 40?
reddog90
AG
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LCMarket/permalink/2735441960033303/?sale_post_id=2735441960033303
End Of Message
AG
Thanks.
Aggietaco
AG
Why not try BAT? Worried you won't hit your ask?
Garrelli 5000
AG
My wife was just saying yesterday she wishes we'd added another garage when we built our house so that we have room for a fun car.

Might need to figure out how to fit this in the 1 car bay with our other stuff

Take the trash out staff.
CaptnCarl
AG
You have no idea how tempted I am at buying your FJ40. That is one sweet ride.
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.