2018 Expedition

24,601 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SoTheySay
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

The 2018 Ford Expedition goes aluminum and gets bigger
Well crap.

I was interested, but now if a pile of rocks falls on it, it's sure to have holes in the hood!
longeryak
1agswitchin4lanes said:

longeryak said:

Price and build now up on both Ford and Lincoln sites.

1ags, can you give us any inside scoop yet?

EDIT- I see that price and build was already posted while I was out of town.
Scoop on what?
Any info that hasn't been released to the public? Reasons why to pick it over a GM product in the same segment?

Ogre09
AG
It's roomier than a Tahoe/Suburban. Adults can sit in the third row.

Ecobbost beats the 5.3 in ouput. The comparable GM 6.2 is only available in the Yukon Denali, at $$$.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
longeryak said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

longeryak said:

Price and build now up on both Ford and Lincoln sites.

1ags, can you give us any inside scoop yet?

EDIT- I see that price and build was already posted while I was out of town.
Scoop on what?
Any info that hasn't been released to the public? Reasons why to pick it over a GM product in the same segment?

Not really. Im sure more info will leak next week....
SoTheySay
S
Bump. I'm still interested but last I looked they were "ordered" and not in inventory.
AgLiving06
Have you emailed 1ags contact and see if she knows when they are coming in?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Production startup was scheduled for 10/23, so I'm sure it will be another 2 weeks before we see one on the street. Fleet buyers will get them first.

Retail units probably starting in December on lots.

I'm sure there will be many quality checks, stopping production, changes in processes etc.

AgLiving06
If you're in Houston, it looks like Planetford off 59 has a couple 2018's.

1ags hookup doesn't have any yet, but they are a little smaller dealer and probably still waiting.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
AgLiving06 said:

1ags hookup doesn't have any yet, but they are a little smaller dealer and probably still waiting.
They have 7 that are on railcars and 27 waiting at the dock to ship.
Mateo84
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

AgLiving06 said:

Does your hookup only do Ford? What about Lincoln? Interested in the new Navigator
moore42
AG
Its a shame you cant get the Expy with choice of engines. I'm not sold on Ecoboost, no matter how much they crank up the power for the Platinum level. Would much rather have 5.0 or 6.2 Option like the F150 does.

And a 23.3 gallon fuel tank???? Wow.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Mateo84 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

AgLiving06 said:

Does your hookup only do Ford? What about Lincoln? Interested in the new Navigator
Sadly only Ford, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Polaris.
AgCPA95
AG
moore42 said:

Its a shame you cant get the Expy with choice of engines. I'm not sold on Ecoboost, no matter how much they crank up the power for the Platinum level. Would much rather have 5.0 or 6.2 Option like the F150 does.

23.3 on the Expedition? Does the EL/Max have a larger tank? That is really small if true!
Mateo84
AG
AgCPA95 said:

moore42 said:

23.3 on the Expedition? Does the EL/Max have a larger tank? That is really small if true!

23.3 on the regular length models ... 28.3 on the max ... size matters
Picard
AG
Well it looks like we're getting a Max then

longeryak
Mateo84 said:

AgCPA95 said:

moore42 said:

23.3 on the regular length models ... 28.3 on the max ... size matters
15% increase in mpg and a 16% decrease in fuel capacity.

But then again doesn't everyone with a boost fall in love with the pedal on the right?
Picard
AG
It's all relative. Everything seems small compared to the 36 gallon tank in my F150.

SoTheySay
S
There's (or was yesterday) a Platinum edition at CS Ford -$74k. I intended to test drive because I'm after some specific things but decided not to since I love al things out of my budget.
dubi
AG
SoTheySay said:

There's (or was yesterday) a Platinum edition at CS Ford -$74k. I intended to test drive because I'm after some specific things but decided not to since I love al things out of my budget.
Good think you did not go. That is too expensive!
SoTheySay
S
I wouldn't even buy it if I wasn't paying for three kids in daycare. I'm cheeeeeeap.
longeryak
When the Platium is the same price as a Toyota Landcruiser.... good luck selling that.
Picard
AG
longeryak said:

When the Platium is the same price as a Toyota Landcruiser.... good luck selling that.

I would agree, but the reality is these things will be everywhere in no time at all.
Corps_Ag12
AG
longeryak said:

Where can you get a brand new land cruiser for $74k?
longeryak
Corps_Ag12 said:

longeryak said:

For what is base in the LC you're looking at over $80K in the Expy.
Corps_Ag12
AG
longeryak said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

longeryak said:

For what is base in the LC you're looking at over $80K in the Expy.

Ah well I'm referring to the earlier posters comment that CS Ford has a loaded platinium for 74k when a base LC is 84k.
GarlandAg2012
AG
That's not true. I just compared and a 302A Limited Expy comes in at $74,910 vs the LC base at $84,960. Expedition obviously doesn't have the same offroad gadgets as the LC but matches it on everything else as close as I could get it.

Expedition has a 360 camera and power deployable running boards instead of fixed. Expy can also park itself (don't think the LC can but not sure). Both have leather interior, heated/ventilated front seats. Expy has a bigger sunroof and more towing capacity. LC has 4 Zone automatic CC, Expy only has 2 Zone. Expy has a power folding 3rd row and hands free liftgate, LC has neither I don't think.

Don't get me wrong, I think the LC is probably a nicer and better made vehicle, but you are getting a ton of features in those loaded Fords.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Reember when everyone was freaking out over 90,000 dollar suburbans?
03_Aggie
Cheap gas = expensive SUVs. We were fortunate to buy ours when gas prices were still somewhat high and the expedition design was long in the tooth (2012). Glad we did given the current prices for new ones.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
03_Aggie said:

Cheap gas = expensive SUVs. We were fortunate to buy ours when gas prices were still somewhat high and the expedition design was long in the tooth (2012). Glad we did given the current prices for new ones.
This.....people have short memories....
SteveA
AG
Quote:

That's not true. I just compared and a 302A Limited Expy comes in at $74,910 vs the LC base at $84,960. Expedition obviously doesn't have the same offroad gadgets as the LC but matches it on everything else as close as I could get it.

Expedition has a 360 camera and power deployable running boards instead of fixed. Expy can also park itself (don't think the LC can but not sure). Both have leather interior, heated/ventilated front seats. Expy has a bigger sunroof and more towing capacity. LC has 4 Zone automatic CC, Expy only has 2 Zone. Expy has a power folding 3rd row and hands free liftgate, LC has neither I don't think.

Don't get me wrong, I think the LC is probably a nicer and better made vehicle, but you are getting a ton of features in those loaded Fords.
A base LC is still pretty fully loaded. And it will be worth twice what the Expedition will be in 3 or 4 years.
GarlandAg2012
AG
No argument here. A Base LC is about as loaded as an upper mid tier Expy. Resale value is certainly a strong point for the LC. It's also $10k more, and that's before Ford starts in with rebates and incentives.
SteveA
AG
That's true too. After discounts, you get to about $25 k cheaper
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

No argument here. A Base LC is about as loaded as an upper mid tier Expy. Resale value is certainly a strong point for the LC. It's also $10k more, and that's before Ford starts in with rebates and incentives.
There is no more trim level on UZJ200s. They're all one spec (for the USA anyway) and you pick the color. I think the only options are a few accessories here and there.
GarlandAg2012
AG
You could argue the LX 570 is a trim level of LC, right?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

You could argue the LX 570 is a trim level of LC, right?
In that case, does that make a Yukon/YukonXL, Escalade, ESV a trim level of Tahoe/Suburban?

MDX/Pilot?
RDX/CR-V?
Lexus NX/Rav4?
Lexus RX/Highlander?
QX80/Armada?
QX60/Pathfinder?
QX50/Mercedes GLA?
Silverado/Sierra?
ILX/Civic?
Q60/370Z?
XT5, Acadia, Enclave Trims of the Traverse?
Fiat 124/Miata trim?
MKZ/Fusion?
Nautilus/Edge?

All these are mechanical twins that share powertrains and platforms...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.