2018 Expedition

24,558 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SoTheySay
GarlandAg2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was kind of joking but I don't actually think that's totally unfair. An Escalade is a gussied up Yukon is a gussied up Tahoe/Burban, etc.

I'm not really sure where this conversation is going. I originally just wanted to show that a LC and a Expy can have roughly the same level of features and the Ford is cheaper.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

I was kind of joking but I don't actually think that's totally unfair. An Escalade is a gussied up Yukon is a gussied up Tahoe/Burban, etc.

I'm not really sure where this conversation is going. I originally just wanted to show that a LC and a Expy can have roughly the same level of features and the Ford is cheaper.
Agreed, but I think typical Land Cruiser owners wont be cross shopping expeditions.

Expedition owners may cross shop Land Crusiers but scratch them off the list. FWIW, Toyota sells less than 4,000 Land Cruisers per year in the USA since the 200 Series has come out. In fact, they sell MORE LX570s than Land Cruisers year over year.

The difference is that toyota wont be giving 12K on the hood of a Land Cruiser.

And for most of the people that buy Expys anyway, will buy a mid trim XLT with leather and the 8" screen. Few will buy the Platinum or KR models.

I do expect the next gen Land Cruiser/LX to be knocking at 100K though....
Picard
AG
Eagerly waiting for someone here to buy the new Expedition and tell us all about it (with pics)

sushi94
AG
Dang - I paid like $37K for my 98' Eddiebauer and $40K for my 2003 Eddiebauer. I'm not sure i'm paying $74K or even $62K for a new one. I'm getting old!
longeryak
GarlandAg2012 said:

That's not true. I just compared and a 302A Limited Expy comes in at $74,910 vs the LC base at $84,960. Expedition obviously doesn't have the same offroad gadgets as the LC but matches it on everything else as close as I could get it.

Expedition has a 360 camera and power deployable running boards instead of fixed. Expy can also park itself (don't think the LC can but not sure). Both have leather interior, heated/ventilated front seats. Expy has a bigger sunroof and more towing capacity. LC has 4 Zone automatic CC, Expy only has 2 Zone. Expy has a power folding 3rd row and hands free liftgate, LC has neither I don't think.

Don't get me wrong, I think the LC is probably a nicer and better made vehicle, but you are getting a ton of features in those loaded Fords.

I found out, today, that my 6'4" doesn't fit in a Land Cruiser. All the way down and back and my head still touched the headliner. Plus the rearview mirror was eye level creating a giant blind spot for me.

I drove a loaded 2018 XLT Expy today and found it to be nicer than a loaded Suburban.

Was offered invoice minus $500 right away which leads me to think Ford is marking it up to mark it down as these things are barely on the lot.

Can't locate a Limited or Platinum to take a look. Ford's site is terrible at showing the differences. It seems like Limited=Denali and Platinum=Escalade. Which leaves the Navigator where?

Oh, I could sit in all 3 rows of the new Expy without issue.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
longeryak said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

That's not true. I just compared and a 302A Limited Expy comes in at $74,910 vs the LC base at $84,960. Expedition obviously doesn't have the same offroad gadgets as the LC but matches it on everything else as close as I could get it.

Expedition has a 360 camera and power deployable running boards instead of fixed. Expy can also park itself (don't think the LC can but not sure). Both have leather interior, heated/ventilated front seats. Expy has a bigger sunroof and more towing capacity. LC has 4 Zone automatic CC, Expy only has 2 Zone. Expy has a power folding 3rd row and hands free liftgate, LC has neither I don't think.

Don't get me wrong, I think the LC is probably a nicer and better made vehicle, but you are getting a ton of features in those loaded Fords.

I found out, today, that my 6'4" doesn't fit in a Land Cruiser. All the way down and back and my head still touched the headliner. Plus the rearview mirror created a giant blind spot for me.

I drove a loaded 2018 XLT Expy today and found it to be nicer than a loaded Suburban.

Was offered invoice minus $500 right away which leads me to think Ford is marking it up to mark it down as these things are barely on the lot.

Can't locate a Limited or Platinum to take a look. Ford's site is terrible at showing the differences. It seems like Limited=Denali and Platinum=Escalade. Which leaves the Navigator where?

Limited = SLT2
Platinum =Denali
GarlandAg2012
AG
Mind saying what Invoice -500 was relative to MSRP? Based on reading the Ford Forums most people seem to be getting a max of 12-14% off MSRP on F-150s, curious how the Expys compare.
longeryak
About $4-5K below msrp.
Mateo84
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

longeryak said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

I found out, today, that my 6'4" doesn't fit in a Land Cruiser. All the way down and back and my head still touched the headliner. Plus the rearview mirror created a giant blind spot for me.

Limited = SLT2
Platinum =Denali

And ...
New Navigator > Escalade
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Playing with the Ford build and price today.

The volume seller will most likely be a Expedition XLT with the 202A Package.

This gives you leather, heated and cooled front seats, the 8" Screen, nicer instrument cluster, powerfold 3rd row (standard on all retail expeditions), remote start etc. Rings the bell at 56K. With discounts and such you can get it at a more palatable price.
Mateo84
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

This gives you leather, heated and cooled front seats, the 8" Screen, nicer instrument cluster, powerfold 3rd row (standard on all retail expeditions), remote start etc. Rings the bell at 56K. With discounts and such you can get it at a more palatable price.

My build and price tool must be broken ... whenever I get to the summary page it always says $82,000
longeryak
Mateo84 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

My build and price tool must be broken ... whenever I get to the summary page it always says $82,000
Darned massaging seats get me every time.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

That's pretty much exactly what I want, in a 4x4 package because of snow. That said, I'm going to wait it out this year and let the bugs get worked out. Maybe a 2019.
SoTheySay
S
FWIW, I believe the two Expeditions that were at CS Ford over $70k are still there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.