2018 Expedition

24,608 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SoTheySay
Jaydoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does it come in a 7.5L? If not, meh.

Mateo84
AG
It will be priced below its GMC counterparts .... maybe not as significantly below like the outgoing expedition has been, but I think it will still be below ... and I predict Ford is going to sell a ton of them
aggieforester05
AG
They haven't made the 460 since circa 1998 and it was only available in 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. As you can imagine fuel economy was not the best, but man did they make good low rpm torque.
Jaydoug
AG
Ha, I know. I was a Ford guy for a long time until I came to my senses. I still dream about my 1986 Ford F-350 dually. 9 miles per gallon.

mts6175
AG
mAgnoliAg
Picadillo
Nice concept, unfortunate it's a knock-off of the GMC. Too gimmicky with the piped in fake engine sound.
jac4
AG
I'd be more interested in a 2018 Excursion.
Picard
AG
Please be true!

2018 Ford Expedition power numbers leaked

Quote:

The 2018 Ford Expedition will be the company's most powerful SUV ever, but exactly how powerful will it be?

When it unveiled the new truck at the last week, Ford said only that its new 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 would be more potent than the 365 hp engine in the current Expedition, with details to come closer to its launch this fall.

Well, a couple of days closer probably isn't what they meant, but the numbers were briefly posted to the company's Canadian consumer website.

Motor1.com spotted the specs, which said the engine will be rated at 400 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque, the latter a 60 lb-ft increase over the 2017 model. That puts it way ahead of the Chevrolet Tahoe's 355 hp/385 lb-ft 5.3-liter V8, and beats the GMC Yukon's 420 hp/460 lb-ft optional 6.2-liter V8 on torque.

Ford hasn't confirmed the power ratings, but if they're accurate, combined with the 300 pound weight loss that it has confirmed, they should make the Expedition a formidable towing machine.

This could also bode well for 2018 F-150 buyers, as the two trucks are closely related and the pickup is getting an overhaul for 2018, with details to come closer to its launch this fall.

Perhaps much closer.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/02/14/2018-ford-expedition-power-numbers-leaked.html
Ogre09
AG
They didn't mention a King Ranch when listing out the trims. Is it going to be discontinued?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Ogre09 said:

They didn't mention a King Ranch when listing out the trims. Is it going to be discontinued?
XLT, Limited and Platinum so far.

Maybe Platinum takes the place of the KR for the high Zoot level....

Of course they could bring back Eddie Bauer....
kubiak03
AG
To me, king ranch ways seemed make more since for F150, 250 and such. While the Eddie Bauer was for the SUVs
03_Aggie
Don't see them soon away with the KR for the expedition as long as they still make them in the trucks.

They are probably just holding it back to entice more buyers after the initial wave.
Agmechanic
AG
Wagon Queen Family Truckster Edition to replace KR
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
kubiak03 said:

To me, king ranch ways seemed make more since for F150, 250 and such. While the Eddie Bauer was for the SUVs
There was an Eddie Bauer F150 as well...

Ogre09
AG
They announced an FX4 package for the new Expedition.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2017/06/15/ford-road-expedition/102899706/
Maximus_Meridius
AG
According to Cars Direct, the new Expedition XLT will have a starting price of $52,890, and the Expedition MAX at $55,580. A Suburban LS starts at $51,210. The MAX is apparently going to top out around $80k.

Not exactly shocking, but I had hoped that Ford would try to push Chevy's pricing down a little bit.
Agmechanic
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

According to Cars Direct, the new Expedition XLT will have a starting price of $52,890, and the Expedition MAX at $55,580. A Suburban LS starts at $51,210. The MAX is apparently going to top out around $80k.

Not exactly shocking, but I had hoped that Ford would try to push Chevy's pricing down a little bit.

Why would they? Chevy sells tahoes and suburbans no matter what the price (evidently). Ford wants a piece of the action
a gmechanic 01@gma i l (no spaces)
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I get that, but how does this get them in the action? It's cheaper to buy a Chevy product, the Chevy product is more proven, why would I buy the Ford? They're banking on their looks (which are ripped off from the Chevy) and brand loyalty to compete with the Tahoe/Suburban.
TSUAggie
Maximus_Meridius said:

I get that, but how does this get them in the action? It's cheaper to buy a Chevy product, the Chevy product is more proven, why would I buy the Ford? They're banking on their looks (which are ripped off from the Chevy) and brand loyalty to compete with the Tahoe/Suburban.

More Proven? Proven to fail and be recalled.
AustinCountyAg
Who the **** would want to spend 80k on a freaking Ford Expedition.

You buy a land cruiser instead and drive it for 20 years instead of driving the expedition for about five years when it's falling apart
03_Aggie
Maximus_Meridius said:

I get that the lines are similar, but they are "ripped off" from the Explorer, not the suburban. Unless you think Ford ripped of the design a few years before GM used it.

And as is typical with domestics, the 10k off MSRP will start to show up once it's been on the market for a little bit. Make no mistake, they are going to take advantage of those that have been on the sideline waiting for the redesign.

Ogre09
AG
How long until we will see deep discounts below MSRP?

Will the redesign drive down the price for 2017 models?
SoTheySay
S
AustinCountyAg said:

Who the **** would want to spend 80k on a freaking Ford Expedition.

You buy a land cruiser instead and drive it for 20 years instead of driving the expedition for about five years when it's falling apart

I read that as $80k on Chevy, not Ford.
AgEng06
AG
Based on the info in the post, I'm pretty sure you read it wrong.
SoTheySay
S
Ahhh you're right. I was reading the comment, not the link. I'm with you. No way.
SoTheySay
S
Soooo I was pretty dead set on getting this but at $60k+ to have some bells and whistles I'm not as stuck on it. Back to the drawing board for mom car 3.0
BurnetAggie99
Just wait to the models are out long enough then you can get a end of the year clearance and rebates on the 2018 models when the 2019 are about to come in
SoTheySay
S
That's not at all out of the question. I'm trying to hold out until fall 2018 when two kids come off the daycare plan.
Ogre09
AG
They finally released their build and price tool for the new Expy.
MouthBQ98
AG
So, to get these things to sell in any quantity, are they going to start a new trend in car financing: The car mortgage? 15, 20, or 30 years, or a 5 year with variable APR?
MouthBQ98
AG
I paid 48 for a '17 XLT 4x4, the pretty basic model. You start adding on all the crap that breaks, leaks, or goes obsolete, and it adds cost in $5000 chunks, it seems.
Ogre09
AG
I was hoping to wait and pick up a new model in 2019, but I ended up having to buy something sooner. I landed on a used 2016 Sequoia instead. The $36k I paid for that looks a hell of a lot better than $65k for an XLT FX4 Expy.
longeryak
Price and build now up on both Ford and Lincoln sites.

1ags, can you give us any inside scoop yet?

EDIT- I see that price and build was already posted while I was out of town.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
longeryak said:

Price and build now up on both Ford and Lincoln sites.

1ags, can you give us any inside scoop yet?

EDIT- I see that price and build was already posted while I was out of town.
Scoop on what?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.