Post pictures of old farm equipment

77,252 Views | 295 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by jejdag
Centerpole90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
George08 said:

I know it's a long shot, but I attended a funeral yesterday at Memorial Park Cemetery. I saw a single wheel 400 LP cultivating right down the road a bit that sure resembled this one. Any chance it's the same one?
CanyonAg77
AG
Took mine to an antique tractor show today, grabbed a few more shots

My 1938 John Deere unstyled L, one of 1,502 built.

CanyonAg77
AG

430 Deere with wide front and LP-fuel. Only 68 produced in this exact combo

John Deere BO (rare) equipped with (rare) Lindeman Crawler (tracks) conversion

John Deere R diesel with gasoline powered pony motor

Yeah, I don't know....
CanyonAg77
AG

Allis Chalmers G. Most are AC-Orange in color, I don't know why this is milky brown

Don't know much, except it's built in Ohio, probably around 1940

Nice Deere Model A wheatland (standard)
CanyonAg77
AG

1929 Fordson industrial with solid rubber tires

1928 Caterpillar Thirty

Don't know much about Allis, but the near one is supposed to be the first AC D21 produced. The middle is the first one made in 1969, the last year of production, and the far one the last D21 ever made
George08
AG
Yessir!
1990Hullaballoo
AG
Cool pictures. I enjoyed the time I spent teaching Ag, in particular the tractor restoration and the tractor technician contest.

There are some great history lessons in those tractors!

Canyon - would you be interested in a complete LA? I have a friend selling one.
Centerpole90
AG
George08 said:

Yessir!

Thank goodness I have resolution. I have spent three years on pins and needles, anxiety to the max, needing confirmation. LOL.

Nice collection of Farmalls; I'm glad this thread got a bump. It's a good one.
Centerpole90
AG
Thanks for posting these.

In reply to that Caterpillar 30-

I was on FB marketplace about a month ago and a late 1920s Caterpillar 2 Ton came up in poster Tom Doniphon's hometown. It had the signature single post type steering clutch lever replaced with more modern individual levers and I was trying to educate myself on what I was looking at and running the numbers on what a divorce was going to cost before I called TomD to go get it…. And *poof* it was gone.

That was a real blessing. I am not a smart guy and require the Almighty's intervention in this manner often.
CanyonAg77
AG
1990Hullaballoo said:

Canyon - would you be interested in a complete LA? I have a friend selling one.

No, thank you. Dad had a collection of over 20 tractors, and the only ones we kept were the L and a Gibson Super D2. If I had a secure covered space, I would have kept as many as possible. Here's a link to the auction, way back in 2013, Watch the auction video.

https://www.troystractors.com/

That being said, I do follow a Facebook group that covers those tractors. I can post it there if he would like, or he could join himself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/692703664920035

The John Deere tractor collecting area is pretty well populated. It's hard to find anything unique anymore. That's one of the reasons I have shifted my very limited collecting efforts to Gibson tractors, produced out of Seattle WA, and Longmont CO. They are sort of glorified garden tractors, so much cheaper and easier to store.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249328985181814

My super D2

A Gibson D of mine awaiting attention

So if someone has a lead on a Gibson, let me know.

EskimoJoe
Nice pictures! The Centaur is a new one on me.

jejdag
Hey Canyon, my older brother says he knows where there's one in a barn NE of Victoria. I know that's a long haul for you, but I can put you in touch with him if you want to pursue it. He's a long time Ag teacher but retired 10-12 years ago
CanyonAg77
AG
I would like to check it out. To be honest, it might have to be a special one to go that far to get.

However, if I don't want it, I would be willing to put the info up on the Gibson Tractor Facebook group, and try to find a buyer.

You can send me an email at my TexAgs username @hotmail.com
Silvy
AG
I could **** up my yard so bad with one of these bad boys
tk for tu juan
jejdag
I sent you an email with contact info for my brother.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.