Great BBQ

34,135 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agfan1030
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guess Family Barbecue
2803 Franklin Ave., Waco, Texas 76710

EMY92
AG
I went to the new Guess restaurant today.

It's a very nice improvement and the food was excellent.
BohunkAg
AG
EMY92 said:

I went to the new Guess restaurant today.

It's a very nice improvement and the food was excellent.
You mean you aren't sitting outside sweating your ass off while eating?
EMY92
AG
It didn't bother me and I never had to wait in line in the Summer.

Also, on the rare occasion when a surprise storm would pop up, I'd always get a lot of extra food tossed in as they knew that the walkup business was not going to be good.
agsalaska
AG
Im not speaking for the BBQ. But the Backyard BBQ in Morgans Point has three widescreens and really cheap Deep Eddie Vodka Teas on Sunday afternoons. I have been in there several times now on Sunday afternoon and it is a good place to get away. I think a double in a short glass is like six bucks.

And the food is good. No complaints.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Hagen95
AG
Went to Guess today for lunch. Brisket was great and the pork belly burnt ends were awesome. They haven't got their tabc license yet, so beer was being served for free.
Bulldog73
AG
Hellburg hasn't disappointed me yet. It's my favorite since Flores left.
mazzag
AG
agsalaska said:

Im not speaking for the BBQ. But the Backyard BBQ in Morgans Point has three widescreens and really cheap Deep Eddie Vodka Teas on Sunday afternoons. I have been in there several times now on Sunday afternoon and it is a good place to get away. I think a double in a short glass is like six bucks.

And the food is good. No complaints.

Too bad their cook assaults waitresses on site and they take his side because he's "too vital". Owners own J Neelys too. And they're Aggies. Gotta pay for their badass pool somehow. I did like backyard but J Neelys not so much.
agsalaska
AG
I have no idea what you are talking about. Its a good place.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
BohunkAg
AG
Went to Guess's new place today. They have done an EXCELLENT job of redoing the old Michna's. Beautiful in there. Service was quick. It's nice to eat some Guess BBQ without getting heat stroke. They had a bar with Brotherwell beer on tap too. Very nice.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Millers in Belton is great. Get the ribs and brisket
EMY92
AG
Must have been gone by the time you arrived.

Next time ask for the Ed special. If the right person takes your order, she'll know what it is.
BohunkAg
AG
Hell yes.

EMY92
AG
The brisket at Guess today may have been the best I've ever had. If Reid had walked by, I would have hugged him for it.

I have eaten at at least half of the places in the TM Top 50 and all of the top 10.
agfan1030
Quote:

Guess Family Barbecue Lights, Camera Action! Tune in to watch Cooking Channel #ManFireFood "BBQ for Breakfast" Episode! So much fun having these guys out, It's truly an honor. Join us for the Watch Party , June 24th at 8pm! Come grab Dinner and a Drink!

Directv Channel 232

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.