Great BBQ

34,238 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agfan1030
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was about to post this and see you beat me to it. (I wonder if your niece knows my daughter. Also a friend of Reid's.)

Here's a little more info.....

Quote:

Guess Family Barbecue
1 hr
Here is the schedule for the showdown. We will be serving tasters from 10am-4pm and by the pound from 5pm-8pm.

thetexasfoodtruckshowdown.com/event-information/schedule-of-events/
agfan1030
Quote:

GuessFamilyBarbecue 11h11 hours ago

Crispy Skin Pork Belly with Pepper Jelly and Sunflower on the special board this weekend

Besides their great barbecue they feature unique and tasty sides.
agfan1030
Quote:

Daniel Vaughn @BBQsnob 4h4 hours ago

Heads up Waco. If you haven't been to @guessfamilybbq change that immediately. F & Sat only, for now.

Quote:

Daniel Vaughn
@BBQsnob
Barbecue Editor @TexasMonthly also tweeting as @tmbbq

agfan1030
Quote:

BBQ Adventurer @BBQAdventurer 6h6 hours ago

Guess Family BBQ in Waco blesses the city with truly excellent BBQ. Brisket & Ribs are REALLY well done as is today's special Beef Cheek.

EMY92
AG
I went to the Aggie baseball game yesterday, so I missed my usual Friday BBQ stop.

I missed the beef cheek. This makes me sad.
BohunkAg
AG
Honky Tonk Kid has some truly GREAT gumbo last week. It had shrimp, sausage and some burnt ends in it. Unlike anything I've ever had.

Also, EMY, I made your usual Friday BBQ stop for you.
EMY92
AG
I figured you'd be there now that Lent has ended.

Missing the beef cheek does not make me happy.
agfan1030
Quote:

a podcast about Texas BBQ. The guy talking is one of 12 members of the committee who selects 50 Best in Texas for those issues. He said, specifically, that there are new places opening up that are too new to make the list. The ONLY NAME of the new places that he mentioned was Guess Family Barbecue. He said he got a taste of it and can't wait to go back and do some more research on that trailer in Waco.

This was in my email from my daughter. When I find the origin I will post the source.

The podcast is cued to the TM part of the podcast.

EMY92
AG
Some of the guys waiting were talking about that podcast today. I think it was a podcast from BBQ Snob.
agfan1030
I have the link above now.
BohunkAg
AG
https://tmbbq.com/guess-family-barbecue/
BohunkAg
AG
This was literally my lunch he took a picture of today. Excellent.

https://instagr.am/p/BTrVirKFr7z
agfan1030
Update for this Saturday:

Quote:

GuessFamilyBarbecue 2h2 hours ago

Heads up! We are not @BABrewing on Saturday this week. We will be at #pintsinthepark Hope to see you there!!

BohunkAg
AG
Honky Tonk Kid is going over to Pints in the Park too.
EMY92
AG
I heard that the Texas Monthly guy has driven in from Dallas three weeks in a row to eat at Guess'.
BohunkAg
AG
EMY92 said:

I heard that the Texas Monthly guy has driven in from Dallas three weeks in a row to eat at Guess'.
He goes to eat at a place 2-3 times before he writes a full review on it.
EMY92
AG
He wrote the review after visit #1.

He's been back the following two weeks.
BohunkAg
AG
http://www.texasmonthly.com/food/the-list-the-top-50-barbecue-joints-in-texas/

A place in Whitney is on here. Seems like it's worth a visit. FWIW, it appears our places here in Waco that we like were both too new to have made the list.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Could it be because they are trucks, not actual places. Therefore not consistent at a certain location?
JAW3336
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

Could it be because they are trucks, not actual places. Therefore not consistent at a certain location?
there are several trucks/trailers on the list including some in the top 10. I think one of the editors even said somewhere that they are just too new.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I would love to try them, but I am not going to drive 35 mile for any truck that might or might not be open when I get there and then have to eat in the car or outside. Give me airconditoning and I really prefer a waiter to having to try to carry my food on a tray. I have a major limp and it is tough.
JAW3336
AG
Why hassle with going to Waco when we have Miller's?

agfan1030
I've eaten at Mueller's once...about two years ago. We specifically took an overnight trip in that direction to eat there. I won't go back. I had a rib. Huge and had to work hard to chew it. Husband had brisket and he wasn't impressed. I guess we hit a bad day as it seems everyone else is in love with Mueller's. Still won't go back.
JAW3336
AG
agfan1030 said:

I've eaten at Mueller's once...about two years ago. We specifically took an overnight trip in that direction to eat there. I won't go back. I had a rib. Huge and had to work hard to chew it. Husband had brisket and he wasn't impressed. I guess we hit a bad day as it seems everyone else is in love with Mueller's. Still won't go back.
Mueller's in Taylor?
agfan1030
yes
Ctxaggie
AG
Mueller in Taylor was a legit top 10 the 3 times I've been there.
BohunkAg
AG
Your secret is out, hoss. I got to Guess at 11:10 and the line was about ten deep. When I left around noon, they were already out of chicken, pulled pork, and sausage.
agfan1030
Saw a post where they were sold out in less than two hours.
EMY92
AG
I ran into former Texags favorite, Jason Cook, at Guess today.

He was as nice in person as he was online.
agfan1030
Enjoyed visiting with you today at Guess Family Barbecue. And yes, the "circle" is crazy.
EMY92
AG
It was nice to meet you & your husband.

EMY92
AG
Today is the last day that Guess Family BBQ will be in front of Bare Arms Brewing off of the Circle.

Next week they move to their new location at 6th & Jackson, near the Magnolia Silos.
BohunkAg
AG
EMY92 said:

Today is the last day that Guess Family BBQ will be in front of Bare Arms Brewing off of the Circle.

Next week they move to their new location at 6th & Jackson, near the Magnolia Silos.
Honky Tonk Kid moved downtown as well. Near 3rd and Franklin.
agfan1030
Guess address:

Guess Family Barbecue
We can't wait to see you Friday at our new location @apexcoffeeroasters
324 S. 6th

(catty corner from the Silos property)

BohunkAg
AG
Davey is having a place built downtown...in the meantime he is behind the big marketplace where Cricket's is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.