Great BBQ

34,142 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agfan1030
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so glad you and emy92 have enjoyed guess family bbq ..reid lived in cstat for awhile....he and his wife are friends of my daughter.....had his bbq shipped to us for christmas....was the best and it was shipped frozen... will be making a trip to waco from huntsville very soon for some more

pardon my no caps...my keyboard is angry at me so i am using the touch keyboard

(a few years ago bohunkag...you recommended a czech bakery and cafe in west for me ... was not disappointed)
agfan1030
i believe he will be open daily sometime in the future...saw where he sold out early afternoon today
3rd Generation Ag
AG
where is this place and when is it open.
EMY92
AG
Just off of the Circle in Waco. Currently open 11 am til sold out Fridays and Saturdays.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Thanks. Opening too late for me. I am headed through there early in the morning and thought I would take some north to my metroplex kiddos. However I am going through at least an hour before they open. Is it a food truck? Where is the other place you mentioned?
3rd Generation Ag
AG
So I will probably just take them something from West.
agfan1030
yes....food truck
EMY92
AG
The other is open Wednesday & Thursday, they will be adding Friday soon.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
So both are food trucks. No real places you can actually go inside and eat? Just to be sure.
agfan1030
I understand you can take your food inside Bare Arms Brewery to eat. They do their pop up event at Bare Arms.
BohunkAg
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

So I will probably just take them something from West.
BohunkAg
AG
agfan1030 said:

I understand you can take your food inside Bare Arms Brewery to eat. They do their pop up event at Bare Arms.

And yes the folks that were there today when I was took it inside the brewery. There are also picnic tables outside if you are so inclined. Really good spot for Waco. 2515 Lasalle is the address
agfan1030
Saw this posted for Guess Family Barbecue

Going to have the best cheesy grits you have ever had as today's special.

Comments

I can't wait! Best BBQ in Waco now serving grits?! It gets better and better each week

@surf3rcalavera is in town and that means dessert!! Come by the trailer this weekend to meet him and have some of his Peach & Nectarine Cobbler. Baked in this old Dutch oven that I've had since 5th grade.

BohunkAg
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BQVmfxlhBWE
agfan1030
Was just about to post that. Doesn't that look great!
EMY92
AG
More brisket today.

More awesomeness...
agfan1030
See where GFB has homemade tamales today.
Bulldog73
AG
Trying out HTBBQ today. Looking forward to it.
BohunkAg
AG
I had Guess Family for lunch today. 1/2 lb brisket and 1/4 lb of sausage. The brisket was excellent as usual but his sausage, which he makes was just amazing. I am currently in a food coma though. I have gotten very little done this afternoon.
Bulldog73
AG
Honky Tonk Kid BBQ was for lunch Wednesday. It was...different. The brisket was good, but it was lean, so it was a little dry for my taste. The bark was still great, and flavor of the meat was good. I did try some of the BBQ sauce which seemed to have a solid mustard presence. I also had the ribs, which were very good, decent size but it came with two ribs. I got the 2 meat 1 side combo that cost $10, and I didn't walk away stuffed. Being a cheap teacher and coach, I would've liked a little more food for the money, but it was good quality.

I did not care very much for the Italian style potato salad. I'm weird about sides in general, so none of potato salad, slaw, or Sicilian style beans really stood out to me as sounding awesome.

Overall, good quality, and I'd skip the side next time and just get a set amount of meat instead.
EMY92
AG
That was you giving me the stink eye.

That is if you drive the maroon F-150.

I saw the 12 hat guy again today, and the guy at the table behind me had an Aggie ring. Lots of business generated by this thread.
BohunkAg
AG
EMY92 said:

That was you giving me the stink eye.

That is if you drive the maroon F-150.

I saw the 12 hat guy again today, and the guy at the table behind me had an Aggie ring. Lots of business generated by this thread.

Isn't it awkward when you see someone you think might be a Texags poster in real life, but you don't want to go up to a complete stranger and say "Hey man, do you post on Texags?"
rather be fishing
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Haven't seen a good TexAgs "best BBQ" thread in awhile

I don't eat barbecue that often, but I would say that yes, there are two very, very good places in Bell County.

Miller's is very good, and they recently moved into a new building. Still in downtown Belton on Central a couple of blocks east of the old courthouse across from Compass Bank

Schoepf's is also very good, and is also on Central a couple of blocks west of I35.
Schoepf's was good like 15 years ago. It's reallly nothing more than a music venue that serves meat now.
Captain Pablo
AG
rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

Haven't seen a good TexAgs "best BBQ" thread in awhile

I don't eat barbecue that often, but I would say that yes, there are two very, very good places in Bell County.

Miller's is very good, and they recently moved into a new building. Still in downtown Belton on Central a couple of blocks east of the old courthouse across from Compass Bank

Schoepf's is also very good, and is also on Central a couple of blocks west of I35.
Schoepf's was good like 15 years ago. It's reallly nothing more than a music venue that serves meat now.

Yeah that's not true
JAW3336
AG
rather be fishing said:

I agree, their brisket and ribs are just average at best.
BohunkAg
AG
People at work told me that Honky Tonk Kid's trailer burned down this morning....can anyone confirm?
BohunkAg
AG
agfan1030
Quote:

Guess Family Barbecue shared Bare Arms Brewing's post.
4 hrs
See you tomorrow!

SPECIAL! In honor of St. Patrick's Day (3/17), we are going to offer all of our customers Mug Club prices! That is $1 off all on premise beer sales. All Day.

So come on over, and enjoy fresh amazing bbq from Guess Family Barbecue and great beer.
(Current mug club members will also receive a discount. Discounts are for on premise sales only).

Bulldog73
AG
I had a few of the Bare Arms brews a couple weeks ago, and came away from that part of the experience pretty disappointed. My wife also couldn't finish her root beer. The Q was good, but I walked away from $30 of meat still hungry.
JAW3336
AG
$30 of meat or 30 for the meal?

and was that just your portion?

Even at Franklins $30 of meat is 1.3lbs of brisket. which is plenty for a big meal
Bulldog73
AG
$30 of meat and one small side of cheesy grits (which were good). Everything tasted great, but 1/4 lb of ribs was one rib for $7. We got half a pound of brisket, also delicious, and it was two slices of brisket.
agfan1030
Quote:

Guess Family Barbecue
37 mins
Collard Greens are back on the specials board this week and they are oh so good and porky! See ya tomorrow at Bare Arms Brewing. 2515 La Salle. 11am till Sold Out

JAW3336
AG
Bulldog73 said:

$30 of meat and one small side of cheesy grits (which were good). Everything tasted great, but 1/4 lb of ribs was one rib for $7. We got half a pound of brisket, also delicious, and it was two slices of brisket.
wow, sounds like they stiffed you on the brisket for sure. Unless those were really big slices.
EMY92
AG
Guess Family BBQ will be at the Food Truck Showdown this weekend, they will not be in front of Bare Arms Brew on Friday and Saturday this week.

The owner is friend with my niece, he forgot to tell me, but did text my niece and asked her to give me the message.
BohunkAg
AG
EMY92 said:

did text my niece

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.