Houston
Sponsored by

IAH is an unmitigated effing disaster right now - it's Afghanistan level

48,676 Views | 424 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by bigjag19
Gig-Em2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Plan for the worst but probably not that bad. Later in the day is when it tends to get Afghanistan level
Rock Ag
AG
Leaving Hobby and parking at the terminal is a complete cluster. All the pay terminals are down and gate agents no longer have access to open the gates, they have to now press the call button on each and go through some call center to open the gate. 15 minutes sitting at the gate. They said the city is making them do it that way
MyMamaSaid
AG
#escapefromalcatraz
MAROON
AG
interesting. I arrived Hobby at 4:30 on Friday. No lines at terminal parking exit and all machines worked just fine.
WES2006AG
AG
Flying United out of terminal E tomorrow but the United App is telling me to go through security in terminal C. I don't have any checked bags.

Do I really need to go through C or can I just go straight to E and go through security?
MAROON
AG
I might be wrong, but pretty sure there is no E security entrance right now due to construction. You need to go to either C or B.
gougler08
AG
WES2006AG said:

Flying United out of terminal E tomorrow but the United App is telling me to go through security in terminal C. I don't have any checked bags.

Do I really need to go through C or can I just go straight to E and go through security?
Yeah, you can't get to E at all unless you are connecting through from an international city (I think). Go to B/C/D and take the train or walk it to E
WES2006AG
AG
Glad I asked. Thanks for letting me know. Guess I will go through C and take the train over to E.
bigjag19
AG
WES2006AG said:

Glad I asked. Thanks for letting me know. Guess I will go through C and take the train over to E.

Pretty sure that will take longer than just walking.

But you can also go through D and boom you're there.
gougler08
AG
bigjag19 said:

WES2006AG said:

Yeah I'd walk from C or D, train from B. B will likely have the shortest security line
WES2006AG
AG
bigjag19 said:

WES2006AG said:

Awesome, would prefer to walk anyways. This type of info is why I am here.
MAROON
AG
just walk. And there is still a possibility your flight gate gets changed to C - happens all the time with United.
swimmerbabe11
Every time I see this thread title I crack up. This must be the most overly dramatic thread title in the history of this board.
bigjag19
AG
I think we both know that's not true.
12th Man Ag
AG
Took the wife and kids to Terminal C today at 5:00 and it was a breeze! Could not believe it went so smoothly.
TheWoodlandsTxAg
There is a Pappadeaux at IAH.

The Pappadeaux at Hobby shut down.

I once had Pappadeaux at IAH on my way back from vacation.

SockDePot
Has C gotten better during normal hours?

I've been a valet park at B guy for years, but now that is even messed up so I've been valet-ing at A and train.

When it's just a carry on not a big deal, but dragging stuff on the underground Johnny cab sucks.
swimmerbabe11
did I miss a thread that compared HEB to Fallujah?
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

did I miss a thread that compared HEB to Fallujah?

You're thinking of the "Baytown Buc-ee's is literally a Wuhan wet market" thread.
herb96
AG
Not having a mass transit train out of there option makes no sense, but hey let's spend billions to add one moe car lane on 45 to fix it.
12th Man Ag
AG
herb96 said:

Not having a mass transit train out of there option makes no sense, but hey let's spend billions to add one moe car lane on 45 to fix it.

Where would people get on this train to the airport?
Sea Speed
AG
12th Man Ag said:

herb96 said:

The best train stations in the city are in my backyard.
Jock 07
AG
12th Man Ag said:

herb96 said:

Seriously it's not like adding a line to DIA or LAX that ties into an existing system. I guess unless you count the waste that is the downtown train that no one uses outside of rodeo and homeless.
Aggie71013
AG
I've taken the train at DIA many times and even though Denver has more people that live in downtown with better intracity trains, it's still not that crowded. It is a better experience than driving all the way out to the boonies though.
TJaggie14
AG
Need y'all's expert advice.

Wife and I are flying United to Mexico tomorrow (Mon)
Terminal E, at 9:45 AM. Have 1 checked bag. We are TSA precheck.

What's the best course of action to get out bags checked, and to our gate? Go to B, drop bags, take sky tram over to E? Drive direct to E?

Thanks for the help!
gougler08
AG
Monday morning I'd go to B and check the bag then take the post security train over to E

C is likely to be a mess on a Monday morning
TJaggie14
AG
gougler08 said:

Monday morning I'd go to B and check the bag then take the post security train over to E

C is likely to be a mess on a Monday morning

Awesome appreciate it.
Dumb question, but does checking a bag in B instead of terminal E increase the chances of the bag not making our international flight?
AgCPA95
AG
No issues with checking internationaly at B. You can Check your bag status/locatjon on the United app.
TJaggie14
AG
Thanks for the advice. Went to terminal B, and everything was a breeze.

I take it returning back is the same. Grab checked bag & take the underground Disney train to B and get picked up.
gougler08
AG
TJaggie14 said:

I take it returning back is the same. Grab checked bag & take the underground Disney train to B and get picked up.
International return will drop you at E so if you're using off site parking, you'll have to walk/take the train to another terminal for pickup. Last couple times I've just walked it to D instead of taking the stupid train but not sure the best route there
Wocka Wocka
AG
TJaggie14 said:

Depends on the day of the week as well as the time of day.

E can be a disaster after 0900 any day of the week; however, quite easy earlier in the day.

Clear immigration and take the slow train to the Marriott, then call your Uber from there.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Wocka Wocka said:

TJaggie14 said:

Depends on the day of the week as well as the time of day.

E can be a disaster after 0900 any day of the week; however, quite easy earlier in the day.

Clear immigration and take the slow train to the Marriott, then call your Uber from there.
There is nothing easier and more magical than the yellow vest cab hailing guy outside of E.
The Kraken
AG
Teminal D expansion set to open on the 22nd.

https://www.houston.org/news/george-bush-intercontinental-airport-set-open-newly-expanded-terminal-d-month
CheeseSndwch
Flew in Thursday night and heard (for the first time) an automated announcement encouraging passengers to linger and enjoy the restaurants/amenities to help reduce traffic congestion.
wessimo
AG
Lol. Who doesn't want to hang out at the airport to enjoy overpriced, mediocre food and drink after arriving?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.