Houston
Sponsored by

Hurricane season 2023

101,804 Views | 738 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CDUB98
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was like Ozzy Osbourne at the Alamo in Westbury today. Just pissin' all over the place.
wessimo
AG
How is it that the day after a rain the motherf****** mosquitos are already back!?!?!
ChemAg15
AG
The deadliest animal on the plant doesn't **** around
Waltonloads08
AG
CDUB98 said:

GOOF got jack **** today.

yeah i live on Del Norte, got a sprinkle but thats it
TXAG 05
AG
htxag09 said:

CDUB98 said:

GOOF got jack **** today.

For real? Rained a decent amount at our house. Never a downpour but steady.

Same. In SPP and it never rained really hard but we got solid rain yesterday.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Jackal99 said:

It was like Ozzy Osbourne at the Alamo in Westbury today. Just pissin' all over the place.
I would have gone with R Kelly. A little more modern reference.
wessimo
AG

Still no "Fall Day" in sight.
Not Funny
wessimo said:

Still no "Fall Day" in sight.
this is normal September Texas weather. What's your point?
wessimo
AG
First, by definition, a record high is not 'normal' weather.

Second, my point is I'm tired of the miserable heat.
Not Funny
wessimo said:

you are moaning about a 1 degree variation which is highly suspect in the first place?

If you haven't learned how to deal with hot September weather in Southeast Texas, be less fat or whatever your adaptive biological/mental malfunction is.

It really is no big deal.
BSD
AG
Not Funny said:

wessimo said:

you are moaning about a 1 degree variation which is highly suspect in the first place?

If you haven't learned how to deal with hot September weather in Southeast Texas, be less fat or whatever your adaptive biological/mental malfunction is.

Username checks out.
Serotonin
AG
Not Funny said:

wessimo said:

1 degree variation over previous record, almost 10 degree variation over average this time of year:
https://weatherspark.com/m/9247/9/Average-Weather-in-September-in-Houston-Texas-United-States#Figures-Temperature

Having said that, I personally prefer 97 and lower humidity vs upper 80s and humid.
Sea Speed
AG
100% on that last part. Those few days last week where it was mid 90s but the air was nice and dry were glorious. I was able to stand outside in a suit and not break a sweat.
htxag09
AG
Serotonin said:

Not Funny said:

wessimo said:

1 degree variation over previous record, almost 10 degree variation over average this time of year:
https://weatherspark.com/m/9247/9/Average-Weather-in-September-in-Houston-Texas-United-States#Figures-Temperature

Having said that, I personally prefer 97 and lower humidity vs upper 80s and humid.

Sure. But it's not like it's dry right now, either…
Texaggie7nine
Storms coming tonight it looks like
7nine
agz win
AG
Storm just passed through heading towards Houston. Tree down took out power for the road. Missing football.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Rest assured, it will go around (west) of Houston.
V8Aggie
AJ02
AG
Crap. Literally just had a new roof put on last Wednesday, and now big storms with potential hail tonight.
agz win
AG
Still no power. Electrical pole has to be replaced. Tree was supposed to be cut down by company 6 months ago. Sweet.
CAR96
AG
Agz win… where do you live? Trying to get an idea where the storms are tracking.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Where are you?
agz win
AG
It's coming from Dallas to Houston. Radar shows now a line of storms on 35 from San Antonio to Dallas generally moving to gulf coast
gougler08
AG
Seems that models are having it breakup before it gets to most of Houston but lord knows how wrong those can be on these thunderstorm lines
Cromagnum
AG
Widespread rains were predicted for Houston last night and this morning. Nailed it.

Cromagnum
AG
LOL at today's forecast divination.

Quote:

.SHORT TERM...
(Today through Tuesday Night)
Issued at 307 AM CDT Mon Sep 25 2023

A slow moving, weak front will be moving through the area today bringing with it scattered showers and thunderstorms. The front is fairly diffuse, so we won`t be getting a line of activity like we would with a more robust FROPA. The exact locations of the storms will be driven by mesoscale features/boundary interactions, so forecasting that more than an hour or two out is very tricky. However, the best chance for precipitation will be north of Conroe
through the mid morning, then transitioning to the I-10 corridor by noon, and then closer to the coast in the late afternoon as the sea breeze gets to interact with remnant outflow boundaries. The storms that develop today will be capable of producing locally heavy rainfall with rain rates of 1 to 2" per hour, hail, and strong to even severe wind gusts. Coverage wanes by sunset, though could still see some lingering coastal showers and storms into the overnight
hours.

The front that moves through the area will become more and more diffuse as it does, but not totally wash out before stalling near the coast through Tuesday (and beyond). So, expect additional showers and thunderstorms to develop in the late morning to early afternoon hours on Tuesday along the coast moving inland through the late afternoon - though would be shocked if areas north of the Houston Metro were able to get any meaningful rainfall on Tuesday.
Fowler

"We can't predict it till it's happening, but its gone rain...somewhere."
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
raining pretty solid on the east side of the HOU
CDUB98
AG
Considering what happened in the Asstin area last night, I'd rather have no rain.

But, hopefully we can get some non-severe rain today. We all need it.
Cromagnum
AG
CDUB98 said:

Considering what happened in the Asstin area last night, I'd rather have no rain.

Pfft...hail is just slow release rain.
The Wonderer
AG
Cromagnum said:

Widespread rains were predicted for Houston last night and this morning. Nailed it.

Well, they did go wide, so...
The Wonderer
AG
Cromagnum said:

CDUB98 said:

Pfft...hail is just slow release rain.
Texaggie7nine
I think I am bringing us rain tonight. Staying at Marriott Marquis downtown and planned on hanging out at the pool tonight, so it's surely going to rain all night.
7nine
Poot
Gully-washer in Bridgeland right now… much needed.
TX04Aggie
AG
Gettin breezy in timbergrove, please sweet baby Jesus bring on a turd floater.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Can see big rain rolling across galleria area out my office window.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.